Search found 103 matches

Return

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Given the Crows really aren't a club to call the people who attend their games 'fans' is probably incorrect

i believe the correct term for people who attend Crows games is 'Marketing Opportunities'.
by topsywaldron
Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Richard Newell sacked Brisbane Lions rookie to play with Westies, thought they had a recruiting ban?

Got off to a good start with the club, announcing his move to West on twitter before West had a chance to announce it forcing them to move quick

So it's actually an 'announcement ban', rather than a 'recruiting ban'?

:lol:
by Hodges 153!
Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

By name the Magpies still exist, but that's it. As a club, they're dead. Port have finally achieved the 'one club' concept, because all Port really is now is the Power.
by Mic
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours of Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Due to quite a bit of feedback I've changed the topic name to Rumours of Player Movement to avoid confusion. Any more discussion on the Power can be carried on in one of the many topics about it already and any future posts not related to player movements will be deleted from here.
Thank f*** for that! Geez it was getting boring.
by tigerpie
Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South 2014

Bounce of the ball wrote:I see South as an imp rover

You mean one of their on ballers is a midget?!?
by Pseudo
Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South 2014

I think if Secull got thrown into a barrell full of boobs he'd come out sucking his thumb.
by blueandwhite
Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Catch Cry

Farcking hypocrites.

This is football is not a league that has two other clubs reserves.

A completely compromised competetion may be too long but more apt.
by DOC
Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Catch Cry

I thought this might have been more appropriate
by Harry the Horse
Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Games Week 1 Discussion

Also, no Motlop or Krakouer for Port.
by DOC
Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

The Sleeping Giant wrote:I hear Mercedes corby will be the boundary rider for the next 3 years. Until someone else becomes available.

Well, she does do her best work on grass........
by DOC
Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central District 2014

bennymacca wrote:Well how have they been going for the past 25 years? Have they finished bottom 2 in any of that time?

If course they have in the past but with recent culture taken into account and apparent basket cases like south glenelg and Sturt...

Not very old are ya
by westcoastpanther
Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 2 Discussion

Good for clubs like South and Centrals to have wins in the trial games, gives their long suffering supporters some hope for the season ahead.

Norwoods board will send out an e-mail midweek stating they lost the trial for the good of the competition.

Topsy and the rest of the brainboxes down at the parade will believe it.
by UK Fan
Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trial Game Week 3 Discussions

FULL TIME @ PLAYFORD ALIVE OVAL

LEAGUE - Final Scores

Port - 14.11 = 95

Central - 4.6 = 30

Port Power Reserves win by 65 points

GOALS:

Port - B.Renouf, A.Young, R.Buggermann 2, J.Johansen, B.Ah Chee, B.Haren, S.Summerton, S.Gray, B.Newton, K.Amon , C.Hitchcock 1

Central - L.Habel 2, J.Gilbee, B.Retzlaff 1

Might have thought you of all people might be above that NIMBY cr@p PH. Guess you're in with the sheep.
Im prepared to call you Port Magpies if you are prepared to play within our salary cap, until then you ARE Port Power Reserves
by Jim05
Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Got off with a Hans Brix nasty letter ...
by dedja
Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South V West Post Game

With Birss, Hartlett, Fielke, Hill, Still, Green, Webb and Bricknell all to come back soon all is not lost.
South fans in the stands thought they won the Grand Final.
All is not lost yet at Westies.

Not this shit again

South won, there fans got very excited (who could blame them after all these years) and celebrated what would have been a very enjoyable night for them.

If you don't like seeing people over joyed don't go to the footy.

Well done south and their fans
by whufc
Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Luke Ivens Retires

I agree Wedgie that its a shame that he finished 7 games short, especially since he played 47 reserves games and played his junior footy with North as well.

Always left me with the impression that he gave it is all with what was a fearless attack on the ball any any one who had it. I admire one club players greatly and wish him well.

What did he do in 2009? Was it overseas travel?
by DOC
Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - South v Glenelg @ Hickinbotham Oval (Fri 18/4)

It will be a very good idea to arrive early...as last year there were still plenty of people lined up outside the ground at the first bounce.
There is a Liquor license commencing at 12.00noon at various spots around the ground -. although "Jimmy Deanes" will be closed.
Barbecues etc will be open and there will also be Fish and Chips available for those of that persuasion.
Reserves commence at 12.25, League at 3.10 pm.
by blueandwhite
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - South v Glenelg @ Hickinbotham Oval (Fri 18/4)

Peter Rolfe in the reserves. Good luck Rolfey.
by DOC
Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Adelaide - more adaptable to change than a virus

Yep, all good...

nice to be winning a few...but..as someone who has supported South since its last flag..(yes Im that old) .. its far too early to get excited yet.
Fifty years of being smacked around the ears tends to dull once sense of anticipation when it comes to South Adelaide.
Too many times we've seen our season implode for one reason or another over the decades, so I for one, and plenty of others will be keeping our powder dry for a while yet.
by blueandwhite
Thu May 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 - South V WWT Eagles Post Match

Hey PANTHER PACK . Any smart comments today. With Norwood next week and then Port I think the party is now over. West won and South lost. Order in the footy world has been restored. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hey mate yeah here is a comment for you to enjoy.

You are a flog of the highest order. Hope that helps you out mate :D
by Panther Pack
Sun May 04, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles Nest wrote:It's May, it's cold and South lose to the Eagles at Noarlunga. No different to any other season really.

couldnt make it down to Noarlunga obviously....? :?
by blueandwhite
Tue May 06, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Symes Announces Retirement

Yes, all the best Brad have enjoyed watching you play for Centrals, an absolute champion and good bloke too.

I think the club should ask Brad to toss the coin on Saturday so as the supporters can say farewell and thank you to Brad.
Thoughts?
by Groucho
Mon May 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not the way you want anyone to finish their career.

Let's hope that he doesn't have ongoing issues that affect his quality of life.
by dedja
Mon May 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now to the important thing:

Brad, you have been a champion player and ARE a champion man. Thank you for the wonderful contribution you have given to the Doggies in your playing career. Wishing you all the best for your future career as a husband, father and businessman. Also hoping we will not lose you completely from Central. Your knowledge of the game will be wonderful to pass on to younger Doggies.
by bulldogproud2
Mon May 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think maybe just out of respect for the guy and what he has achieved over his career, posters could just leave messages of good luck and appreciation instead of raking up crap or taking the thread off topic.

If you don't rate him or have other opinions of the bloke then be gracious and don't post them here.

He wasn't a North man so I didn't really take a lot of notice of him, but 99 games for the Dogs and 2 premierships, along with 80 AFL games is an achievement to be proud of and one that many others would like to boast. All I can add to that is good luck to him and commiserations that he missed out on the ton. Ivens at North retired 1 short too this year too.
by johntheclaret
Tue May 06, 2014 2:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yes, i think that smile was one of relief..

South only made 20 rotations for the match, because of game ending injuries to 3 players n the first half.
Ahchee played the last 15 m at full forward because he had done a hammy...the fact that we were in front at the 20minute mark of the final quarter was a minor miracle after being a couple of goals behind at 3/4 time...Im pretty disappointed we lost, but in no way am I disillusioned.
by blueandwhite
Wed May 07, 2014 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

At last count South have 2 players injured gone for the year, and another 5 injured who would be walk up starts if fit. Also 3-4 others who are injured who would be handy replacements. South do not have the rehab facilities or expert sports med budget of an AFL club either.
At last count Port will have 15 AFL listed, fulltime professional players playing on Saturday, who train or play 7 days a week. I saw a couple of South players digging a trench yesterday..before racing off to do a 2 hr hour training session last night, others are studying or working fulltime.They werent busy doing skills work running around witches hats, doing rehab or weights or honing their understanding of the game plan.

This years SANFL season is absolutely ludicrous. It is a grossly uneven competition. The clubs that voted for this diabolical shambles should hang their collective heads in shame. The SANFL commission is a disgrace for even contemplating this debacle.....

Having said that... I think South will take it right up to Port.
For those who havent twigged yet, this South Adelaide team ,its vastly different to the inept whipping boys of the past...
by blueandwhite
Tue May 13, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

To Dols, booney. kikinit

This is a serious question, so don’t take it as a dig but with the following, do you see the advantage gifted to you or would you consider having the below all part and parcel
Full Time Coaches, Fitness coach touted as one of the best in the world, Dieticians, Sports Physiologists, Fitness personnel, Doctors and Physios, Massage therapist , player e welfare managers, Million dollar facilities, Million dollar Fitness Facilities, recovery facilities, Million dollar Medical Facilities.
Full Time Professional AFL players averaging around 15 players per game with a combined salary of $2-$3 million dollars
Yes the crows have all of the above and I don’t give a shit as my club doesn’t nor does 7 other SANFL clubs.
I am not whinging because The Power is on Top I dislike the crows with a passion as well for playing in a comp and having these benefits and advantages.
And the thing that pisses every one of the most is you will not acknowledge the advantage given to your team.
You were granted an AFL licence, and good onya, but don’t use the resources of being given that and think you have no advantage or been given any advantage over your opposition. Most of the other items apart from the Salary cap could be taken that the club has worked to get those advantages. But unfortunately the Salary Cap can’t be.
Even Collingwood in the AFL have advantages over the comp in terms of $, but funnily enough a new word has entered the equation Equalisation, where the AFL has said we can’t have a team with that much financial clout and off field advantages although they have the same salary cap as the rest of the comp.
So the Brains trust at the AFL has seen how having a team with more resources will destroy their comp but for some reason you can’t see how it will destroy the SANFL
by Maddawg
Sun May 18, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton inc Post Matc

no one seems to mention the fact that the ravens are bottom. Do we think that is good for the competition? Obviously tinkering is needed but not much.

Because they're playing under different rules to your mob.

Funnily enough, the ladder positions reflect the two concerns that people had about the inclusion of the AFL reserves sides to the competition:

1) They'd be too strong,

or

2) They don't give a stuff about results and are there for development.

The models by which both sides have gained entry to the competition seem to have brought both scenarios into effect.

At least when Port was belting the bejaysus out of everyone in the old days, they were doing it under the same rules as the rest of us.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 19, 2014 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton inc Post Matc

1 match for that is an absolute joke. It was a definite spear tackle and the wreckless nature of it could have caused a very serious injury. Ironically if that had happened in the AFL they have been talking about it all week and he would have got 4-6 in my opinion. The fact that the umpires failed to even pay a free kick, particularly as Cross was dealt with again while lying stunned on the ground is again a sad indictment on the standard of SANFL umpiring at the moment, :shock:
by blueandwhite
Mon May 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Glenelg v South - Post Game

Scathing maybe.

No alleged hit by Alleway. It was. Alleged hit by Rolfe, Not by me. Did not say Rolfe missed him.

Not rich at all for me to say a club needs to lose its coach to go forward. I am probably the most qualified.

Bit rich for a Port Diehard to be watching a Glenelg/South game when the one club is at Alberton.
by DOC
Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sturt taking the piss?

Magpies logo
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

I've certainly never thought it unreasonable for Port/Crows to want reserves sides. Can see clear advantages there (player development, development of roles, continuity of playing style, keeping the group together etc). Just don't like it being at the expense of the SANFL competition.
by JK
Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Norwood v South @ Coopers Stadium (Fri N 18/7

Eddy was active but failed to hit the scoreboard, he took a few marks but dropped plenty too, you do that when you try to mark with one hand. :roll:

Eddy is a bloody good player and he'd be more than welcome at the Legs, but he had a stinker on Friday night. To be fair the delivery to all forwards was woeful, yet there were a number of times he'd go for a chest mark instead of sticking his hands out, which allowed the spoil to be made.

The difference for me, was a couple of hardened and experienced campaigners in Bode and Jeffries. These guys know how to react under pressure (like when South were pressing hard in the last half). If South can get a bit more experience into their key defenders, they'll learn how to withstand an attacking onslaught, like Norwood's first quarter. I don't think South are that far off being a contender.

Wilsons pace has become a little bit of a get out of jail card for us, it amazes me how he spends half the game on the pine.

My reference to Eddy flying for marks onehanded ,was a thinly veiled reference to the fact that McGuiness on most occasions had a hold of the other one.
Eddy seemed to get his few marks and kicks far to far up the ground. I thought the umpiring was absolutely appalling, as did the commentators on radio. The Norwood crowd certainly rode the little green men to great effect.
by blueandwhite
Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Glenelg V West @ Gliderol 6.30pm Saturday

Go Tiges!

cant believe I just said that! :twisted:
by blueandwhite
Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elimination Final - South v Eagles @ AO (Sat N 30/8)

What was with all the hate for Fields at the first bounce and again at start of the third where he actually got dropped by what I would suspect was a punch to the guts?

Thought after Grocke nearly killed Symes he would have left the thuggery at home, bad luck anyway tossbag!! 8)
by westcoastpanther
Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Sturt v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sat 6/9)

Proud day to be a Southie today...can only say it was a great committed team effort , not one passenger. margin could hve been even more had we taken more of our opportunities early in the game and not taken the foot off the pedal in the last.
A few supposed no-names made a name for themselves today as well.

Cant say how great it is to be involved and winning finals after so many years/decades of misery. Plenty of southies now coming out of the woodwork and jumping on the bandwagon too, which is great to see.
Really happy with the result today, but have to get over it quickly and get on track to beat the POWER RESERVES next week..

GO PANTHERS!! :twisted:
by blueandwhite
Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We Need You South

Hopefully Port can wear their away guernsey so it does not clash with us !
by southee
Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

absolutely gutted...

yes we've come a long way in 12 months but to get so close and miss out is ... well its gutwrenching.

to any Port supporter who gets a a buzz out of watching your AFL reserves side , (who were saved from insolvency 3 yrs ago by the sanfl with yet another financial handout } scrape over the line against a team of battlers... Go and F--k yourselves :evil:
by blueandwhite
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The thing that decides what they are called is what the team name is.
At only the most superficial of levels. You can call your dog a horse; it's still a dog.

That is correct, you can call the magpies the power, but we are still the magpies.

So is that why your cheer squad were chanting "power" at the game ?
by southee
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations Norwood

Congratulations Norwood: the best performed sovereign team in a compromised competition. What a shame that it will be forced to play a scratch match next week for the sake of getting game time into another league's reserve players, rather than earning its title in a Grand Final against another properly-matched sovereign team.

Congratulations South Adelaide: pure minor premiers, and thus the best performed team by the only possible measure between properly-matched sovereign teams. What a shame - and indeed farce - that the Panthers were forced to battle from fourth position on the compromised ladder.

I might have gone to next week's game as a matter of support for the league, had it been between two proper opponents. As it is, the season is now over. Thus ends the first year under occupation from that bastard eastern league. I look forward to when the interlopers leave - for whatever reason - and Our League is restored.
by Pseudo
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Each of them (was Daryl S, Dion - the ex umpire, John N - I may have their names wrong) commented separately that the consequences of introducing AFL are profound, that the short to long term impacts are and will be damaging to the SANFL and that the local clubs are extremely disadvantaged by the new arrangements.
by Brendan M
Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very proud of my football club both on and off the field, we have been proven to be morally correct in voting no against AFL reserves and we have lifted our status and respect throughout the SANFL as a well managed, stable club with a group of committed team oriented footballers. We were beaten not the Port Magpies as we once knew them, we played Port Adelaide FC now the Power an AFL club, they must mothball their old striped jumper and wear the teal, this misrepresentation of the truth is fooling no one except maybe themselves. They boost loudly they are one club, one club doesn't have two different colours, known by two different names, wear different jumper designs, have two different club songs, two different club logo's.
by darley16
Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Has the SANFL hit all new lows.

We now have clubs losing players to rival clubs in the same competition thanks to a 'reality' tv show.

I cant think of how this comp could be compromised any more.
by whufc
Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

ANGUS Bruggemann wants to set the record straight after reversing his decision to spend a second season at Port Adelaide

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/sport/angus-bruggemann-departs-port-adelaide-for-sturt/story-fni9llzu-1227186029273

Glad he set that record straight. Contradicting his insistence that it wasn't because he got dropped for the Grand Final that he left In the same article/interview!
by Aerie
Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Trial Games - LIVE UPDATES

great pic of the Veide incident doing the rounds on fb at the moment
by blueandwhite
Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Trial Games - LIVE UPDATES

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11072862_10153208885992915_3953086360873602245_n.jpg?oh=50552c8bb29c1da7f98e96d541c68c9b&oe=5575EBF6&__gda__=1438473097_121603cd989d24709a9db1ba4f126ebf

wow!..certainly one of the best action shots Ive seen, nice work scoop! :)
by blueandwhite
Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Glenelg v South @ Gliderol Stadium (Fri 3/4)

Just watched the recovery session on the SANFL Website and watch the Brent McLeod play on after the siren.

9;47 McLeod marks the ball just outside the square.
9.50 Umpire blows time off
9.52 umpire signals the end of the quarter and goes to ask the goal umpire did McLeod mark in the Goal square.
McLeod then decides to play on and instead of cancelling the goal, the field umpire should of set the mark and make McLeod retake his shot.
by clanger
Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 live scores, boasting and umpire blaming

Another great result for sanfl footy. No doubt this will encourage the panther fans to come back. Did port end up with any non afl listed players playing? Why don't south just improve to match ports standard? I'm sure like last year injuries will take their toll on port and bring them back to the pack. :roll:
by sjt
Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 2 South v Port at the BOT Friday 7.10

All the talk about Butcher at AFL level and just recently by the coach. Oops
Lol what talk? Whatever 'talk' there was, it was from out of hope for him that he takes his chance after finally completing a full preseason (or 90% apparently), not that he's going to tear the AFL to pieces.

On the game, South have by far a superior line up and should win comfortably. Would be pleasantly surprised if Port win and disappointed for South if they manage to stuff this up. Time to get excited Panther fans.

Ive read some rubbish on this forum over the years......but i think that last paragraph takes the cake.... :shock:
by blueandwhite
Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |