Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Or "since I'm doing you a favour taking it off your hands, can you deliver it"
by cracka
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went to the shops early but only needed 5 things. They were mental but in and out quickly. Before I left I asked the wife if there is anything else,”nope I’m all organized “

Just sit down and she says “I forgot this”.####! My car in the driveway first, so I go. One hour for something that normally takes 3 minutes
My wife had a knack of always needing to stop in at a shop or 2 to get something on our way home from somewhere. Her record was 5 stops on the way home from the gym one time.

The reason I said HAD a knack of doing that is because now I make her drop me home first
by cracka
Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

carey wrote:For those playing at home, Kelsey Hannan is fine she'll be home tomorrow and the remainder of the meet will be concluded on Friday.

Was there yesterday but luckily didn't see the incident. Hope she has a speedy recovery
by cracka
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Career change

**Bumping an old thread instead of starting a new one**

After 27 years at the same place, my loyalty has run out, and it's time to make a move.

Applied for a role in a field that is totally unrelated to what i have done since i was 16. I never thought i would have ever had the courage to take a leap out of my comfort zone.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Did the same just last month.

Been driving trucks for 30 years (minus a 4 year stint working in a winery). We just moved to a 5 acre horse property in Strathalbyn (December 1st) & 3 days after we moved got told the company I was driving for in Mount Barker was closing the doors permanently at the end of December.

Planned to have a couple of weeks off in January to do some tidying up around the property.

2nd January I dropped some resume's around the town & emailed businesses from Goolwa to Callington. 16 minutes after emailing Goolwa Quarries the manager rang me & was going to drive tippers for the first time in my life from mid/late January. Wanted to get out of driving though. 2 days after that (and the week before I was meant to start with GQ) Daish Irrigation in Strathalbyn contacted me offering me a job in the retail side. This is my 3rd week there & learning a whole new world
by cracka
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

RB wrote:Port have Rozee, Butters, JHF. So definitely Port for mine but I have the Crows as most likely to make the eight out of the teams that didn't last year.

If they play Ollie Wines in his best spot, they're almost looking like the early 2000's Brisbane midfield of Voss, Black, Akermanis & Lappin
by cracka
Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:It’s come at a cost, I have to watch MAFS with her tonight

Not worth it.

At least it’s the dinner party.

I love watching MAFS on Sundays & Wednesdays, commitment ceremonies & dinner parties are hilarious.
by cracka
Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

am Bays wrote:1. That daylight savings isn't ending this weekend.

2. the number of Spam posts in my bookface feed thinking I give a shit about the IPL or any other franchise T20 league for that matter

Yep. I love when daylight savings starts but it goes a month too long.
by cracka
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Eliminate a majority of the coaching staff and I guarantee the product will be better. Wind the rules back to 1990 while we're at i t (perhaps with the exception of relative leniency re striking blokes' heads).
That comment gets said all the time, unfortunately it can't be done. The rules back then were way too easy to manipulate.
by cracka
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3

Armchair expert wrote:North Crows will be winners today

nice little multi for any degen gambling addicts out there

Can you please give us 39 numbers that will be a chance in next Saturdays x lotto :D
Just out of curiosity
by cracka
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gather Round - Round 4 2024

carey wrote:Ballllllllllllllll
Boooooooo
Repeat

Just like Port last weekend
by cracka
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gather Round - Round 4 2024

Wedgie wrote:Locked the round 3 topic as I have no idea why armchair is posting round 4 discussion in it. :?

That looked to be the only one of his predictions that he could get right. Maybe posting in the previous weeks round is the key :D
by cracka
Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5

Armchair expert wrote:Crows are certainties

Ben "Turns into prime Leigh Matthews vs Carlton only" Keays to kick 4 goals

I bet you were hoping this was the worst prediction you'd make this year.

Congratulations, you nailed it

:YMAPPLAUSE:
by cracka
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

My daughter will be devastated. When she was about 5 she used to dress up in a pink shirt & ride her rocking horse while watching him race. Octagonal was my favourite horse.

She got to meet Darren Beadman a few years ago when she went to Sydney to do her horse racing industry course. She was too starstruck to ask him flat out who was better, Octagonal or Lohnro.
by cracka
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |