Save the Tigers

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Save the Tigers

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:02 am

Possibly.
Are all of those Port supporters going nuts about it online responding tongue in cheek?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:08 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Possibly.
Are all of those Port supporters going nuts about it online responding tongue in cheek?

Knuckle draggers on Facebook, now there's a group to use as your research tool. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:18 am

Booney wrote:

Knuckle draggers on Facebook, now there's a group to use as your research tool. ;)

Hard to distinguish who's not a knuckle dragger in the PAFC threads then ;)
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:24 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:

Hard to distinguish who's not a knuckle dragger in the Facebook football threads then ;)

Edited for accuracy. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:42 am

SAFooty, look out. Booney thinks you're all knuckle draggers.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:44 am

Dogwatcher wrote:SAFooty, look out. Booney thinks you're all knuckle draggers.

Thinks? ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:00 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Panther Pack » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:16 pm

Sounds like there was a decent crowd at the bay on the weekend, pity the Tigers couldn't Save Themselves on the field.

Hopefully get another big crowd there this weekend v Sturt and raise some more coin.

Anyone know how much was raised at the game on the weekend?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:21 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Sounds like there was a decent crowd at the bay on the weekend, pity the Tigers couldn't Save Themselves on the field.

Hopefully get another big crowd there this weekend v Sturt and raise some more coin.

Anyone know how much was raised at the game on the weekend?

About 1% and 2 points :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby frogcake » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:28 am

therisingblues wrote:You obviously have no idea about the issues.
Probably better if you stuck to asking questions than making ill informed statements.

I understand the issue re: the AFL teams far better than you do.

The SANFL is run on the millions they make from the AFL teams, not the $150,000 the clubs make in memberships. They became so reliant on AFL money the last 15 years and living above their means that they can't let go now. Thats why they voted yes to the reserve team coming in and Adelaide paying $400,000 (?) a year and Port giving away their share of the AAMI stadium sale.

It is entirely the fault of the SANFL and it's clubs that this situation exists. Not Port or Adelaide. but keep blaming them anyway.

and crowds aren't falling because the reserves have come in. Crowds are falling because AFL at AO is a far better product than SANFL and more footy fans are going there rather than local games.
frogcake
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby zipzap » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:06 am

Well, if it all falls over at least we'll have the women's league
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby holden78 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:19 am

Yeah women's league could mean less media coverage, if that's possible :oops:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Ronnie » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:02 am

frogcake wrote:
Probably better if you stuck to asking questions than making ill informed statements.

The SANFL is run on the millions they make from the AFL teams, not the $150,000 the clubs make in memberships. They became so reliant on AFL money the last 15 years and living above their means that they can't let go now. Thats why they voted yes to the reserve team coming in and Adelaide paying $400,000 (?) a year and Port giving away their share of the AAMI stadium sale.

It is entirely the fault of the SANFL and it's clubs that this situation exists. Not Port or Adelaide. but keep blaming them anyway.

and crowds aren't falling because the reserves have come in. Crowds are falling because AFL at AO is a far better product than SANFL and more footy fans are going there rather than local games.

That's a stretch, many of them are theatre goers who took up footy when AFL came to town or abandoned their so called loyalties at the first test. What are the options anyway, following a Port team most supposedly despise or a manufactured, pseudo state team. A Port born and bred fair enough but give me a break about the rest. Sure, SANFL has some massive challenges but if South Australia is such a passionate football state then surely there is room for both AFL and a strong SANFL. We don't live in Queensland.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:28 am

I wonder where this thread is heading.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:31 am

:lol: :lol:
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:34 am

Ronnie wrote:
frogcake wrote:

That's a stretch, many of them are theatre goers who took up footy when AFL came to town or abandoned their so called loyalties at the first test. What are the options anyway, following a Port team most supposedly despise or a manufactured, pseudo state team. A Port born and bred fair enough but give me a break about the rest. Sure, SANFL has some massive challenges but if South Australia is such a passionate football state then surely there is room for both AFL and a strong SANFL. We don't live in Queensland.

http://safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39508&p=2088837#p2088837
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:21 am

am Bays wrote:I wonder where this thread is heading.....

I think that's fair enough. One of the more important things we can do imo is raise awareness that SANFL fans are not happy about having reserves in the competition, and why. As regular users we all know there's a thread titled "the never ending no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread" but we are mostly preaching to the converted there, plus some hard core trolls who'll never change their views. But the regular AFL fan who is reminded that the SANFL exists because Tigers are in trouble, they might stumble over this thread, and then learn first hand that those who used to attend SANFL games are no longer doing so as a result of the inclusion of the power/crows reserves. And, as has been stated already, this is not the sole reason for the Tigers troubles, but it definitely hamstrings the recovery.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:16 pm

Question for Bay supporters is the club doing anything extra at the game this weekend to help with the Save The Tigers campaign?

I know the Bays v Sturt games usually draw a decent crowd.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Question for Bay supporters is the club doing anything extra at the game this weekend to help with the Save The Tigers campaign?

They waved a charity bucket around at the entrance to the North game. That was all that was noticeable.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Question for Bay supporters is the club doing anything extra at the game this weekend to help with the Save The Tigers campaign?

They waved a charity bucket around at the entrance to the North game. That was all that was noticeable.

Still remember Tony Symonds walking around the boundary waving with 4 people holding the corner of a grey blanket for his testimonial. People were throwing coins over the fence as they paraded around at half time. Maybe they could do that?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL