Nathan Bassett

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Nathan Bassett

Postby Gozu » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:53 am

NORWOOD is virtually resigned to having SANFL premiership coach Nathan Bassett in charge of the Redlegs for the last time on Sunday before he returns to the AFL.

As Essendon firms as the major contender to offer Bassett an AFL assistant coaching role, television reports Richmond on Thursday interviewed the former Crows defender are being denied both at The Parade and at Punt Rd.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6732609537
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Psyber » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm

What is it about Bassett that bothers people?
I've only come across him in person once, and seen a few TV interviews, but I saw nothing that bothered me in his manner and style.
OK, he is not what you'd call "ockerish" like Paul Hogan, but none of my friends are either.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Big Phil » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:18 am

Got a job at Essendon, according to a tweet from Ian Shuttleworth...

https://twitter.com/shutts10/status/386288263385726976
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 273 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:39 am

Big Phil wrote:Got a job at Essendon, according to a tweet from Ian Shuttleworth...

https://twitter.com/shutts10/status/386288263385726976

Yep, from what im led to believe he will be our forwardline coach
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Well that makes a heap of sense.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby SDK » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:41 pm

All Australian backman twice and is the forward coach ?
SDK
League - Best 21

Been liked: 51 times

Postby leggies » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:46 pm

And coach of the best defensive unit in the sanfl ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
leggies
Under 16s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby SDK » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:17 pm

I still stick to my original prediction ..... Nathan Bassett will be the next coach of the Crows.
Not a fan of Sanderson, he will not last long.
SDK
League - Best 21

Postby Gozu » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:54 pm

NORWOOD has a contingency plan it intends to move on as soon as Monday as it sweats on whether coach Nathan Bassett lands a job in the AFL where Essendon and Hawthorn have emerged as possibilities.

The Redlegs have made a list of candidates they want to approach for the top job at The Parade but are frustrated that Bassett, who is contracted to coach the club for next season, is yet to inform them of his intentions.

But that is because even Bassett himself doesn't know what he's doing beyond Sunday's grand final against North Adelaide.

On Saturday he denied reports that Essendon officials flew to Adelaide to speak with him on Wednesday and he declined to reveal which AFL clubs he had spoken to at all.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6733490073
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby wildcat » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:14 am

Gozu wrote:NORWOOD is virtually resigned to having SANFL premiership coach Nathan Bassett in charge of the Redlegs for the last time on Sunday before he returns to the AFL.

As Essendon firms as the major contender to offer Bassett an AFL assistant coaching role, television reports Richmond on Thursday interviewed the former Crows defender are being denied both at The Parade and at Punt Rd.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6732609537

Which means it's only media speak to top up the ratings........ :twisted:
wildcat
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby twosheds » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:31 am

Psyber wrote:What is it about Bassett that bothers people?
I've only come across him in person once, and seen a few TV interviews, but I saw nothing that bothered me in his manner and style.
OK, he is not what you'd call "ockerish" like Paul Hogan, but none of my friends are either.

Not sure that Paul Hogan would be like many other peoples friends either ; however perception is a very individual thing. He doesn't "bother " me but to me he comes across as someone who thinks he is deeper than what he is when in reality he is just like you or I but had football talent that gave him a good career, he seems to enjoy the 5AA role where the likes of Rowe,etc fawn over his every word. Never met him so this is my perception and why I wont miss him when he goes to Essendon (why anyone would see going there as a positive career move is a little strange though).
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby dedja » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:07 am

Psyber wrote:What is it about Bassett that bothers people?

If he wasn't full of himself and had the patience of the Dalai Lama then he'd be a good bloke.

Fortunately a chronic case of figjamitis hasn't affected his coaching.

Interesting that he seems to be a very good coach as he was a fairly nondescript, boring and average footballer, oh hang on ...
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby Panther Pack » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:17 am

Any of the retiring boys likely to become an assistant coach at the parade?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:18 am

Panther Pack wrote:Any of the retiring boys likely to become an assistant coach at the parade?

Wouldnt think so
Warren to go to country footy and Zorzi to head back to Victoria id think
Jim05
Coach

Postby SDK » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:41 am

The only thing that matters about Nathan Bassett is that he has the respect and admiration of the players and that they follow his successful game plan.
He has won two premierships in a row with a team that has effectively dominated the competition for two years. If he chooses to stay I am certain Nathan will add to those flags !
SDK
League - Best 21

Postby Jim05 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:53 am

SDK wrote:The only thing that matters about Nathan Bassett is that he has the respect and admiration of the players and that they follow his successful game plan.
He has won two premierships in a row with a team that has effectively dominated the competition for two years. If he chooses to stay I am certain Nathan will add to those flags !

Yep, been at the club 4 years and in that time we have finished 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 1st
Has delivered our first back to back flag in 90 years and considering where we were only a few years ago its an amazing transformation. The players and club love him and thats all that matters.
Jim05
Coach

Postby silent hour » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:54 am

SDK wrote:The only thing that matters about Nathan Bassett is that he has the respect and admiration of the players and that they follow his successful game plan.

Have to agree with you SDK. I am not a big fan of Bassett but that is only because he coaches Norwood and not West. I reckon if he was coaching Westies and we won 2 premierships I would be one of his biggest fans.

No matter what everyone says about him he has won 2 premierships coaching Norwood and they have dominated the competition over the last 2 years.
silent hour
Reserves

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Mark_Beswick » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:20 pm

Cant argue with his stats! Will be hard for NFC to replace
Mark_Beswick
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Punk Rooster » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Yep, been at the club 4 years and in that time we have finished 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 1st
Has delivered our first back to back flag in 90 years and considering where we were only a few years ago its an amazing transformation. The players and club love him and thats all that matters.

Bassett has been a sensational coach, apart from dis-respecting North a few times post-loss.
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby SDK » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:14 pm

He respected you guys last night !
SDK