Boyd sacked??

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Boyd sacked??

Postby The Apostle » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:32 pm

fester69 wrote:Rumoured that Central have sacked someone.
Anyone able to confirm or deny?

I've heard it's either Boyd or Dutschke...:?
The Apostle
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby sjt » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:45 am

I hope they've got some ready made replacements . We haven't been able to recruit anyone of note over the last couple of years.
We've "lost", Marshall, O'Brien, Hayes, o'sullivan, dunne, westhoff, Pumpa, Lawton, sibemaler, the gowans, Hannath, spurr (and a few more). Recruited seb, potter, glenn (from div 4) Milne and melyndyks. We need to improve dramatically in this area. I wouldn't think we could afford to get rid of any experienced players unless we have a better replacement.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby smac » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:01 am

But how many times does a coach ask a player to do something, only to be ignored? How many games did Boyd play this year? Was directed after each game to improve an area of his game which he is either unwilling or unable to do.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby sjt » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:12 am

smac wrote:But how many times does a coach ask a player to do something, only to be ignored? How many games did Boyd play this year? Was directed after each game to improve an area of his game which he is either unwilling or unable to do.

So is the option bring in someone that touches the ball ten times. I would have thought he played a majority of games. Boyds a gun, it's sanfl football all players have areas they need to improve. We can't afford to lose our most prolific clearance player. Unless we've got a gun clearance player to replace him. I hope the rumours are false.

The way we're going we might end up with the most disciplined, likeable team ever to win a wooden spoon.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:51 am

Boyd won't be going anywhere. False rumour !!!!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Panther Pack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Boyd meeting with Central today to discuss his future at the club?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby interested observer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Boyd meeting with Central today to discuss his future at the club?

Boyd gone.
Apparently polling the most votes in a Magarey by a long way last year and running 4th in it this year is not good enough form to keep. :shock:
The coach questions his aerobic capacity and therefore can't see him spending too much time in the midfield in the future..
I would of thought finding the footy is pretty important at SANFL level.

Laird either has got something significant up his sleeve or he has lost the plot...
I suspect it may be the latter..

I am sure there will be plenty of interest elsewhere..
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Big Phil » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:59 pm

interested observer wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Boyd meeting with Central today to discuss his future at the club?

Boyd gone.
Apparently polling the most votes in a Magarey by a long way last year and running 4th in it this year is not good enough form to keep. :shock:
The coach questions his aerobic capacity and therefore can't see him spending too much time in the midfield in the future..

Laird either has got something significant up his sleeve or he has lost the plot...

Anything official to confirm Boyd is gone?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 273 times

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Had it confirmed from someone definatly in the know that they saw Boyd and Granty in the grand central lounge chatting together an hour and a bit ago
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby southee » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:39 pm

interested observer wrote:

Boyd gone.

Laird is probably right ! Can't see him making alterations to doors at the club for Boyds head to fit through !
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 861 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Big Phil » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:06 pm

From Localfootysa...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6732957198

Matt Tuner wrote:
Central District stars' futures clouded

CENTRAL District coach Roy Laird is unsure if star midfielders Brayden O'Hara and James Boyd will be at the club next season.

O'Hara, 25, and Boyd, 24, have been the subject of speculation in recent weeks, which has suggested both may have played their last games for the Bulldogs.

Asked if he expected Boyd and O'Hara would be at Elizabeth in 2014, Laird said: "I'm not sure. I don't know either circumstance yet."

Laird said the club was "working through" options for three-time premiership player O'Hara, whose partner lives interstate.

"His girlfriend lives interstate and she's looking at coming back, it's a matter of trying to find employment.

"Nothing certain there at all yet.

"It depends on any job prospects for her."

Laird said Boyd, a premiership player in 2010, was meeting with the club on Friday to discuss his future.

"That's common practice to have meetings with a lot of our blokes.

"We'll be making calls on a number of players over the next few weeks but nothing sure yet."

It follows Laird last month saying the club needed a "significant" clean-out to climb the ladder.

As for recruits, he said the Bulldogs "haven't signed anyone but (were) speaking to a lot".
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:09 pm

If he's half the player Chad O'Sullivan is he's welcome to join us for some finals wins. :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Wedgie wrote:If he's half the player Chad O'Sullivan is he's welcome to join us for some finals wins. :)

Finals wins don't mean a whole unless u go on to win the thing, u still have a game to go
whufc
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:49 pm

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:If he's half the player Chad O'Sullivan is he's welcome to join us for some finals wins. :)

Finals wins don't mean a whole unless u go on to win the thing, u still have a game to go

I'll take your word for that seeing as you're so good at losing finals atm and still don't need 3 hands to count your premierships like us.
Last decade is no different to the decade a hundred years ago. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Panther Pack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

I'll take your word for that seeing as you're so good at losing finals atm and still don't need 3 hands to count your premierships like us.

I hear ya :D
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Panther Pack wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

I hear ya :D

/Like 8)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

Agree no decade is different but the records we set are!! :lol: ;)

Go the Roosters!
whufc
Coach

Postby Grahaml » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:57 pm

Would be very unusual to have a meeting with a player you've sacked. Unless there's a backflip I'd be confident that particular rumour is off the mark.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Big Phil wrote:From Localfootysa...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6732957198

Matt Tuner wrote:
Central District stars' futures clouded

CENTRAL District coach Roy Laird is unsure if star midfielders Brayden O'Hara and James Boyd will be at the club next season.

O'Hara, 25, and Boyd, 24, have been the subject of speculation in recent weeks, which has suggested both may have played their last games for the Bulldogs.

Asked if he expected Boyd and O'Hara would be at Elizabeth in 2014, Laird said: "I'm not sure. I don't know either circumstance yet."

Laird said the club was "working through" options for three-time premiership player O'Hara, whose partner lives interstate.

"His girlfriend lives interstate and she's looking at coming back, it's a matter of trying to find employment.

"Nothing certain there at all yet.

"It depends on any job prospects for her."

Laird said Boyd, a premiership player in 2010, was meeting with the club on Friday to discuss his future.

"That's common practice to have meetings with a lot of our blokes.

"We'll be making calls on a number of players over the next few weeks but nothing sure yet."

It follows Laird last month saying the club needed a "significant" clean-out to climb the ladder.

As for recruits, he said the Bulldogs "haven't signed anyone but (were) speaking to a lot".

Boyd will stay. But Ohara will be a massive loss he should win the B&F. I believe Ohara is in his last year of his apprenticeship as a builder.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Big Phil » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:19 pm

UK Fan wrote:Boyd won't be going anywhere. False rumour !!!!

True, unfortunately...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6741177960
Big Phil
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL