Round 7 - Eagles v North @ M.Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sat 17/5)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Round 7 - Eagles v North @ M.Thiem Hyundai inc Post Match

Postby Panther Pack » Sat May 17, 2014 11:25 am

Wedgie wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Has Motlop been at North all season or is he a late arrival?

Late arrival.
Played for two WAFL clubs in recent years and actually made the WAFL team of the year.

Cheers he'll be a Good addition for North.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 143 times

Re: Round 7 - Eagles v North @ M.Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sat 17/

Postby Wedgie » Sat May 17, 2014 11:27 am

Panther Pack wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Late arrival.
Played for two WAFL clubs in recent years and actually made the WAFL team of the year.

We'll see, he will have to do a hell of a lot and consistantly over time to win me and other North supporters back.
He came back solely because he had a couple of good friends here.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2065 times
Been liked: 3925 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:35 am

Panther Pack wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Late arrival.

Not sure if you are taking the piss, deadset spud. Might make their B grade stronger
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3570 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Panther Pack » Sat May 17, 2014 11:50 am

Jim05 wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Late arrival.

Not sure if you are taking the piss, deadset spud. Might make their B grade stronger

Nah not taking the piss he did make the WAFL state team last year so he must go alright
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat May 17, 2014 12:30 pm

He's got the ability, after all he is a Motlop! Just a matter of other things coming into place and they rarely have in the past. Funny that the player getting the most talk is probably playing reserves about now.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2065 times
Been liked: 3925 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Ian » Sat May 17, 2014 12:32 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Eagles by 33
each 1/4?

short of a miracle WWT will smash North today
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby RB » Sat May 17, 2014 12:34 pm

I don't know, these sides often seem to win against each other in an upset.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 774 times
Been liked: 1086 times

Postby robranisgod » Sat May 17, 2014 12:56 pm

DOC wrote:Well when Port offered him to us the transfer fee to Peel Thunder was around the 30k mark and not negotiable.

I am more than a little surprised to see him playing for North. Perhaps he paid for the transfer fee himself or got help from a sponsor?

Why was Port offering him to clubs. He was delisted by them prior to him going to WA, so what gives them the right to offer him around? Am I missing something?
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 234 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Gravel » Sat May 17, 2014 1:04 pm

robranisgod wrote:
DOC wrote:Well when Port offered him to us the transfer fee to Peel Thunder was around the 30k mark and not negotiable.

I am more than a little surprised to see him playing for North. Perhaps he paid for the transfer fee himself or got help from a sponsor?

Why was Port offering him to clubs. He was delisted by them prior to him going to WA, so what gives them the right to offer him around? Am I missing something?

He moved to Adelaide and was going to be one the 15 Port SANFL players but he was unable to as he played WAFL in 2013. Port just trying to help him find a club to play for - as simple as that.
Gravel
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby kickinit » Sat May 17, 2014 8:44 pm

he was playing out at iron bank this year. I'm guessing he's actually improved as jar's is coaching at iron bank.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Jackal » Sat May 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Did not get to see the game,did North just chuck it in during the last quarter ?
Jackal
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

Postby spell_check » Sat May 17, 2014 11:32 pm

Jackal wrote:Did not get to see the game,did North just chuck it in during the last quarter ?

Not entirely, they still had 9 scoring shots.

Edit: According to the Results on the SANFL website, one behind has been taken off in the last quarter. Don't ask why. :?
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 183 times

Postby dedja » Sun May 18, 2014 12:02 am

Was half expecting big things from North this year, not too late but they better pull their finger out soon.

Regardless, Kenny is a coaching spud.

Eagles will be hard to beat for 2nd this year.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 1053 times

Postby Mickyj » Sun May 18, 2014 9:46 am

North were very unimpressive yesterday except in the first and third terms !!
What happened to the start the eagles had against the bays I have no idea !!
Second term Eagles dominated and the third the Eagles fell back into the errors of the first term !!
While the third term is the premiership quarter the Eagles turned it on in the fourth !!
And opposition teams are finding out when you hold Wundke then Ainger bobs up!! And when both of those have a quiet patch Poole Dunstan and co bob up and kick goals . Let alone a half back flanker who sneaks down and kicks a goal in Bately !!

The Eagles had a percentage and position improving win !! "Gods" still has some work to do with the boys IMHO!!
And what a season the young eagles are having Bately ,Poole, Von Bertouch are helping the Eagles find that winning form !!!
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Aerie » Sun May 18, 2014 11:52 am

Besides the first 10 minutes, that was the best the Eagles have played this season. 2nd and 4th quarter were sensational and 3rd quarter would have been ok if they hadn't kicked 7 behinds.

Add Goldsworthy, Grocke and Rowntree to that side and it makes it even stronger. Probably another 3-4 players not in the league team yesterday that could hold their own at league level if needed. Has been a consistency of effort this season (I didn't see the Port game) which has laid the platform for wins. This is the first season since Godden has been in charge that this part of the game has been consistently at a high level in all games - something which Fuller was able to get out of the group for most of his reign - although Godden is a better coach tactically and over all.

I see Ben Grieger was doing the radio for the game yesterday. Hopefully Godden is getting in his ear to make a return, because I reckon he would fill the only hole in the Eagles side, and that is another tall to support von Bertouch in defence.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 153 times
Been liked: 513 times

Postby LPH » Sun May 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Mickyj wrote:North were very unimpressive yesterday except in the first and third terms !!
Second term Eagles dominated and the third the Eagles fell back into the errors of the first term !!
While the third term is the premiership quarter the Eagles turned it on in the fourth !!
And opposition teams are finding out when you hold Wundke then Ainger bobs up!! And when both of those have a quiet patch Poole Dunstan and co bob up and kick goals . Let alone a half back flanker who sneaks down and kicks a goal in Bately !!

The Eagles had a percentage and position improving win !! "Gods" still has some work to do with the boys IMHO!!
And what a season the young eagles are having Bately ,Poole, Von Bertouch are helping the Eagles find that winning form !!!

19 exclamation marks & only a single sentence without one.
Impressive :lol:
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mickyj » Sun May 18, 2014 12:31 pm

LPH wrote:
Mickyj wrote:North were very unimpressive yesterday except in the first and third terms !!

19 exclamation marks & only a single sentence without one.
Impressive :lol:

ahh well at least im a loyal eagles fan forever ;)

No offence meant LPH . But SA Footy has been rather quiet lately and if you pick on everyone's Grammar it may well get quieter !!
Of course if you want the site to yourself play on !!
Last edited by Mickyj on Sun May 18, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Mickyj » Sun May 18, 2014 12:33 pm

Aerie wrote:Besides the first 10 minutes, that was the best the Eagles have played this season. 2nd and 4th quarter were sensational and 3rd quarter would have been ok if they hadn't kicked 7 behinds.

Add Goldsworthy, Grocke and Rowntree to that side and it makes it even stronger. Probably another 3-4 players not in the league team yesterday that could hold their own at league level if needed. Has been a consistency of effort this season (I didn't see the Port game) which has laid the platform for wins. This is the first season since Godden has been in charge that this part of the game has been consistently at a high level in all games - something which Fuller was able to get out of the group for most of his reign - although Godden is a better coach tactically and over all.

I see Ben Grieger was doing the radio for the game yesterday. Hopefully Godden is getting in his ear to make a return, because I reckon he would fill the only hole in the Eagles side, and that is another tall to support von Bertouch in defence.

Aerie wont be long and Cully will be back !!
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sun May 18, 2014 6:49 pm

Crowd 2,366
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun May 18, 2014 6:58 pm

Aerie wrote:Besides the first 10 minutes, that was the best the Eagles have played this season. 2nd and 4th quarter were sensational and 3rd quarter would have been ok if they hadn't kicked 7 behinds.

I agree with much of this. I've been very impressed with our half back line this season with Raymond and Batley creating so much run.

Yes Grieger would definitely fill a hole (Culley is still unproven in that position) but the other glaring hold is in the ruck. We got smashed in the hitouts and most of the clearnances in the first half. While Bornholm has surpassed what I thought he could do when he first came to the club I still don't rate him amongst the top 4-5 rucks in the league. He'd be brilliant coming off the bench as a second ruck.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL