R 17 Central v Glenelg

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R 17 Central v Glenelg

Postby matt35 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Missing this one unfortunately as I'm over in Lincoln for the weekend, and I believe there's no radio coverage either so it'll be scores only for me. Would be nice to make it 2 from 2 against Centrals and end their season, and we have certainly been playing better footy in recent weeks, but Centrals should win out there. Will be back for our last game of the year (in the real world) next week.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby tipper » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:14 pm

UK Fan wrote:
whufc wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Tipper = top bloke

Get around him doggies fans,

Ill be there in the usual spot northern end hill

Well worth the trip to seek out whufc and his crew tipper.

Northern hill? I daresay ive been abused by them before [emoji6]

All in good fun of course.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby tipper » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Well im here. ******* shit day for it though.

And so far ive counted 6 glenelg supporters so it could be a bumper crowd!
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby matt35 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Glenelg reserves win by 10 points and qualify for finals!
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby dedja » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:17 pm

tipper wrote:Well im here. ******* shit day for it though.

And so far ive counted 6 glenelg supporters so it could be a bumper crowd!

Come on, there's at least 10 of us here.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 1042 times

Postby Pseudo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:05 pm

matt35 wrote:Glenelg reserves win by 10 points and qualify for finals!

...and the reserves finals series will be untainted by interlopers. All aboard!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1565 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby UK Fan » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Cdfc $1.91 to beat bays by 40 plus .

Easy money!!!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 507 times

Postby dedja » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:58 am

Not one for the highlights reel, the drop in the standard of SANFL over the last 3 or 4 years is disturbing.

Central did enough to win easily without setting the world on fire, the Bays we wasteful as usual and burned a lot of possessions with useless handballs to flat footed team mates.

Apart from Paul Thomas who stands head and shoulders above the rest, Central are a very ordinary side who, if they make it, are unlikely to have any impact.

The sooner the season finishes for the Bays the better, it's their worst season in my living memory.
dedja
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:24 pm

dedja wrote:Not one for the highlights reel, the drop in the standard of SANFL over the last 3 or 4 years is disturbing.

Central did enough to win easily without setting the world on fire, the Bays we wasteful as usual and burned a lot of possessions with useless handballs to flat footed team mates.

Apart from Paul Thomas who stands head and shoulders above the rest, Central are a very ordinary side who, if they make it, are unlikely to have any impact.

The sooner the season finishes for the Bays the better, it's their worst season in my living memory.

Lol won 7/8 and the only side to beat every side in the SANFL.

Outside of Port and Norwood the Dogs are the only side that COULD have an impact in the finals

Thomas wasn't even named best at the club so head and shoulders above the rest is laughable, obviously didnt see the Dogs number 1 or 37 running around

Hooper won tool of the year for his goal celebration in the second quarter when the bays were 5 goals down, looked everywhere for someone to come celebrate with him but ended up on his own. Was the highlight of what was a piss easy Saturday arvo at the footy

Only got one touch after that and was given a bath by dave Haydon of all people
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5619 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bulldog2004 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:05 pm

whufc wrote:
dedja wrote:Not one for the highlights reel, the drop in the standard of SANFL over the last 3 or 4 years is disturbing.

Lol won 7/8 and the only side to beat every side in the SANFL.

Outside of Port and Norwood the Dogs are the only side that COULD have an impact in the finals

Thomas wasn't even named best at the club so head and shoulders above the rest is laughable, obviously didnt see the Dogs number 1 or 37 running around

Hooper won tool of the year for his goal celebration in the second quarter when the bays were 5 goals down, looked everywhere for someone to come celebrate with him but ended up on his own. Was the highlight of what was a piss easy Saturday arvo at the footy

Only got one touch after that and was given a bath by dave Haydon of all people

Is this the same bloke that celebrated like a w*****r in a trial game????
bulldog2004
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Yes!!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5619 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby cennals05 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:10 pm

He celebrated the first goal of the game the same way. He was getting jeers at both ends of the ground.

Not the best Centrals have played, especially the first half. Josh Glenn was a class above everyone out there with his ball use. Nason was also great in the first half.

Thank God Lonergan and Joseph chased the money and didn't end up at Centrals.

Glenelg are a shambles on and off the field. I was speaking to Chiggy at the beginning of the year and he was supremely confident that Glenelg would be playing finals. Obviously the rest of the club didn't get that memo.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby wild dog » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Spargo wrote:
dedja wrote:I'll be going as well, shouldn't be too hard to spot me as one of the 3 Bays supporters there.

Where should I stand?

I don't know about where to stand - but apparently they offer FREE PARKING at Elizabeth.
No doubt wild dog will be welcoming all the "college boys" before taking over the post match thread as per last week ;)

Glad the message has got through Spargo, Plenty of spots yesterday, unfortunately the light persistent rain did not help the crowd. Power went out from about 12:30 to 1:30 which made the presidents lunch a bit dark. Who would have thought the Most useful thing about mobile phone proliferation was their use as a torch in power failure.

As for taking over the post match thread, not hard to on this site now.

For the game, Nason started on fire and I think he had 4 shots on goal in the first quarter. Glenn once again a dominant display, and Jackson Potter gutsy at the ball. Glenelg started ok, but the dogs are now firing and have demonstrated they can beat any one in the comp. Their fitness has been built on during the year - there is acceptance that they were not fit enough in the first half and this has now been reversed. Jenner though has found his role and commands the back line. His form and recovery from persistent injury has mad a real difference.

I think we are about 3 goals behind the Eagles on percentage. If we can beat North, which is a fair ask in itself if the good North turn up, we have to win by 3 - 4 goals more than the Eagles. Alternatively if North win and the Eagles lose, North are into the finals. A thrilling end to the season.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby dedja » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:02 pm

Nason, LOL.

You know the glory years are well and truly over when he gets a game.

Good luck to the Doggies for making a late run but they'll end the year in 7th spot, which will be a fair result over the course of the year.

The Bays absolutely deserve to be bottom and have a shitload of work to do to get out of the hole they're in on field.
dedja
Coach

Postby StrayDog » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:39 pm

cennals05 wrote:Glenelg are a shambles on and off the field. I was speaking to Chiggy at the beginning of the year and he was supremely confident that Glenelg would be playing finals. Obviously the rest of the club didn't get that memo.

Chigwidden is a Bachelor of spinning the positive line so I expect that most down there would have treated it with a grain of salt anyway.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 196 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:58 pm

I thought the season finished for the Bays after round 4 ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby dedja » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Yep, last year ...
dedja
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:35 pm

dedja wrote:Apart from Paul Thomas who stands head and shoulders above the rest, Central are a very ordinary side who, if they make it, are unlikely to have any impact.

Central are an ordinary side, are they?

Only won 7 of their last 8, including wins over the current top 2 placed sides on the ladder !!!
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 274 times

Postby dedja » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:16 pm

One round to go and are 6th plus results have to go their way even to participate in the finals, or are they going to try get a wild card if they miss out?
dedja
Coach

Postby Grahaml » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:35 pm

dedja wrote:Nason, LOL.

You know the glory years are well and truly over when he gets a game.

Good luck to the Doggies for making a late run but they'll end the year in 7th spot, which will be a fair result over the course of the year.

The Bays absolutely deserve to be bottom and have a shitload of work to do to get out of the hole they're in on field.

Those dominant years really hurt didn't they?
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL