West V Adelaide

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: West V Adelaide

Postby Magellan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:42 am

stampy wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Wolf Pack wrote:Was a good crowd today.
It was Men V Boys in size, strength and fitness......

I'm sure the West Adelaide players enjoyed the challenge of taking on professional AFL players.

I wonder how Jono Beech felt.

even though the majority of us hate having adelaide and port in the comp, beech would be over the moon with his own performance, his aim is to play afl footy and he took a step forward towards that goal on saturday

Yes, all the best to Beech in his pursuit of playing at the highest level.

Of course, being an established quality player at SANFL level and having the benefit of a professional full-time preseason one would expect him to put in a high standard performance.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby stampy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:52 am

um yeah, but i was responding about how he felt, you made it sound as if he might have wished he was playing for the bloods
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 338 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Magellan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:05 am

stampy wrote:um yeah, but i was responding about how he felt, you made it sound as if he might have wished he was playing for the bloods

Yes, fair enough.

I think he would've had mixed emotions to some degree, given his history with Westies and having played in their first flag for ages. The only reason he left West was to further his career, not because he had some dispute or falling out. If he wasn't drafted surely he would be lining up for the Bloods again this season.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL