The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:34 am

bennymacca wrote:They knew he was a possibility to get on an afl list. Does that mean they didn't do the due diligence? Should they never recruit someone that has a chance at afl?

You guys honestly need your heads read.

It's the fact that he'll be lining up against......... Oh never mind. Someone find me a wall :roll:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:35 am

But they knew all that beforehand. So you can't bloody complain about it after!
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Tech1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:04 am

sjt wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
whufc wrote:Has the SANFL hit all new lows.

We now have clubs losing players to rival clubs in the same competition thanks to a 'reality' tv show.

I cant think of how this comp could be compromised any more.

LOL he played half a season!!! Now you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel

You really have no idea.

Why do you bother to post on here bennymacca, piss off back to the afl forum and take matt35 with you, no idea at all, wasting time reading you guys post rubbish day in day out.
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:06 am

whufc wrote:Has the SANFL hit all new lows.

We now have clubs losing players to rival clubs in the same competition thanks to a 'reality' tv show.

I cant think of how this comp could be compromised any more.

Hasn't he been drafted into AFL ranks?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:08 am

Just lol

So what are they to have done with Wagner?

Not recruited him?
I can see the interview going like this:

Do you have afl aspirations, given you were on a show that involves trying to get into the afl?

Wagner: yep

Well we better not recruit you then because some dickwits on a forum will bitch about the fact that you might play against is next year, even though you only played with us for one year and really were hoping to not be with us next year anyway.

Come on guys.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:13 am

bennymacca wrote:But they knew all that beforehand. So you can't bloody complain about it after!

Abit of a difference between being drafted by the natural course where the clubs and the players have alot of communication and the SANFL clubs are very aware of which clubs are looking at what players compared to being drafted via a tv where infact they were given zero information including from the player himself.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5611 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:14 am

Everybody knew he was on the recruit. In sure centrals knew this was at least a possibility
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:17 am

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:But they knew all that beforehand. So you can't bloody complain about it after!

Abit of a difference between being drafted by the natural course where the clubs and the players have alot of communication and the SANFL clubs are very aware of which clubs are looking at what players compared to being drafted via a tv where infact they were given zero information including from the player himself.

So direct your concerns to your club for not asking enough questions or the bloke for not giving up enough information, not the fact he's been drafted and may or may not play against the club he's been at for a grand total of about 6 months.

Whinge thread indeed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:19 am

bennymacca wrote:Everybody knew he was on the recruit. In sure centrals knew this was at least a possibility

My understanding is he wasn't guarenteed to be on the recruit until after Centrals had signed him and in the initial concept when he was told he was involved in the show, the recruit winner was guarenteed a rookie contract on Sydney's list, not potentially a rival clubs list
whufc
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:21 am

So now he has to decide which afl list he goes on? Or turn it down because he might play against the club he signed with for a grand total of 6 months?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:22 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

So direct your concerns to your club for not asking enough questions or the bloke for not giving up enough information, not the fact he's been drafted and may or may not play against the club he's been at for a grand total of about 6 months.

Whinge thread indeed.

Read post above,

Having just raised my concern with club I am told the above post is 100 % factual.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:24 am

bennymacca wrote:So now he has to decide which afl list he goes on? Or turn it down because he might play against the club he signed with for a grand total of 6 months?

I don't have an issue with Johann or the deciscion he made, once again the player benefits, the afl clubs benefits, the SANFL clubs are bent over and screwed, I have no reason to be happy with that as I don't know Johann personally and I don't have an invested interest in any particular AFL club
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:25 am

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Everybody knew he was on the recruit. In sure centrals knew this was at least a possibility

My understanding is he wasn't guarenteed to be on the recruit until after Centrals had signed him and in the initial concept when he was told he was involved in the show, the recruit winner was guarenteed a rookie contract on Sydney's list, not potentially a rival clubs list

No such thing as a guarantee......especially in the football world. Perhaps Central needed to investigate more?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:25 am

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:So now he has to decide which afl list he goes on? Or turn it down because he might play against the club he signed with for a grand total of 6 months?

I don't have an issue with Johann or the deciscion he made, once again the player benefits, the afl clubs benefits, the SANFL clubs are bent over and screwed, I have no reason to be happy with that as I don't know Johann personally and I don't have an invested interest in any particular AFL club

Maybe it's actually his local club that was bent over and screwed by Centrals?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:37 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

No such thing as a guarantee......especially in the football world. Perhaps Central needed to investigate more?

Normally being told by the horses mouth is enough, and in fact Centrals were first to know that Sydney had pulled out on the deal with 'the recruit' thanks to the potential new Crows coach

Have heard Tippett and Chalmers have made some interesting tweets in regards to picking what club you wanna play at.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:38 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

Maybe it's actually his local club that was bent over and screwed by Centrals?

How so???
whufc
Coach

Postby mal » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:00 pm

EDITORIAL

What WHUFC is more or less trying to say is :
He accepts the due process of a SANFL player being drafted by an AFL club
He finds it hard to accept this process of losing an SANFL player, speeded up through a TV show

However what WHUFC needs to accept is that the SANFL is not a true competition anymore
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1168 times
Been liked: 926 times

Postby Rising Power » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:06 pm

Sounds like the NEAFL grand final was a cracker last weekend, Aspley (Qld) beat Sydney Reserves by 2 points with a free kick from 50 on the siren.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-15/ ... rand-final
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 pm

whufc wrote:

Believe this is the case. Originally didnt want to be on the Recruit and signed at Centrals.
Even after he made the cut for the top 50 he was still not convinced and Voss had to ring him and convince him he had plenty of talent and could win the comp
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:15 pm

mal wrote:EDITORIAL

What WHUFC is more or less trying to say is :
He accepts the due process of a SANFL player being drafted by an AFL club
He finds it hard to accept this process of losing an SANFL player, speeded up through a TV show

However what WHUFC needs to accept is that the SANFL is not a true competition anymore

**** me.....if we're going to whinge about the impact of "reality" tv on life then Lara's 400 is in danger!!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL