Are the Reserves staying or going

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Are the Reserves staying or going

Postby Magellan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:51 pm

Those clowns wouldn't know the SANFL if it bit them on the arse.

I found Ditts' comment of "If you're playing in the reserves, you're probably wasting your time aren't you?" a bit offensive. Not everyone wants to play at the top level, and just because you're in the second best bunch of players at your club doesn't mean you don't count. Also, I presume that if you play for the Crows or Power reserves you're also wasting your time?

Mind you, Ditts should know plenty about being second best since he perpetually spent his squash career coming runner-up to the Khan brothers.
Last edited by Magellan on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Mickyj » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:55 pm

Magellan wrote:Those clowns wouldn't know the SANFL if it bit them on the arse.

I found Ditts' comment of "If you're playing in the reserves, you're probably wasting your time aren't you?" a bit offensive. Not everyone wants to play at the top level, and just because you're in the second best bunch of players at your club doesn't mean you don't count. Also, I presume that if you play for the Crows or Power reserves you're also wasting your time?

Mind you, Ditts should know plenty about being second best since he perpetually spent his squash career coming runner-up to Khan brothers.

True and both those guys on the radio I've only heard from time to time be lucky if they where anywhere near second best
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:21 pm

therisingblues wrote:
locky801 wrote:http://www.triplem.com.au/adelaide/shows/roo-ditts-breakfast/blog/2016/sanfl-looking-at-getting-rid-of-teams/#

Thanks Locky.
So between $50,000 and $200,000 to run a reserves competition.

Stuff it instead the clubs were happy to lose a thousand members and any where up to 500k a year.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:39 pm

Spoke with a club official today, who said it probably only saves about $50k a year .. This person doesn't really see the SANFL clubs going for it. Although we've been down that path before haven't we ...
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:43 pm

JK wrote:Spoke with a club official today, who said it probably only saves about $50k a year .. This person doesn't really see the SANFL clubs going for it. Although we've been down that path before haven't we ...

Personally i believe this another step towards the SANFL becoming an u/23 type league.

Ever since the NRL very successfully set up the Toyota Cup ive been of the belief the AFL would want something very similar, especially if they can sell it to the tv stations just like the NRL have done.

I have know doubt the SANFL directors have a direction they are following that has been requested or at least 'hinted' at by the AFL.

Tin Pot theory......maybe but its not far from becoming realistic.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby therisingblues » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:57 pm

whufc wrote:
JK wrote:Spoke with a club official today, who said it probably only saves about $50k a year .. This person doesn't really see the SANFL clubs going for it. Although we've been down that path before haven't we ...

Personally i believe this another step towards the SANFL becoming an u/23 type league.

Ever since the NRL very successfully set up the Toyota Cup ive been of the belief the AFL would want something very similar, especially if they can sell it to the tv stations just like the NRL have done.

I have know doubt the SANFL directors have a direction they are following that has been requested or at least 'hinted' at by the AFL.

Not too far fetched I'd think Hammers.
In the past I'd have dismissed it as a conspiracy theory, but recent events show us we're living in different times.
You might be bang on the money.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby UK Fan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:42 pm

Magellan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:It's been introduced but not enforced imho!!!

I thought as much.

Well according to pulteney Grammar **** they play for the love of it :-)

Btw even division 7 teams in amateur league have a reserves side Ffs!!!!!!!!!!!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:17 am

UK Fan wrote:
Magellan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:It's been introduced but not enforced imho!!!

I thought as much.

Well according to pulteney Grammar **** they play for the love of it :-)

Btw even division 7 teams in amateur league have a reserves side Ffs!!!!!!!!!!!

But, surely, they're just wasting their time, aren't they?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:22 pm

whufc wrote:

Isn't the Toyota (Holden) Cup a NRL Reserves comp, if the AFL wanted something similar, wouldnt they set up their own reserves comp? And then let the state leagues run their own senior age comps like the NRL do?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:39 pm

Mind you, Ditts should know plenty about being second best since he perpetually spent his squash career coming runner-up to the Khan brothers.

Bit harsh mate
Three Australian Opens, three Canadian Opens, three European Opens, three New Zealand Opens, and two South African Opens
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:46 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Bit harsh mate
Three Australian Opens, three Canadian Opens, three European Opens, three New Zealand Opens, and two South African Opens

I thought the same - an easy throwaway line.
Probably might have been better off referring to Triple M's position in the ratings ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Magellan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:46 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Bit harsh mate

Fair enough. My apologies, Mr Dittmar. :P ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Mickyj » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:47 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Bit harsh mate

And he left 5AA because he wanted to or cause he's boring on a radio station

If this did happen no more port academy side oh wait it's an afl club losing money
They can't stop them having an academy side . Mind you a ladies team no money for that lmao
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby locky801 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:31 am

According to North Adelaide they know absolutely nothing about this and have heard nothing
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3756 times
Been liked: 1178 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:33 am

Magellan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Bit harsh mate

Fair enough. My apologies, Mr Dittmar. [emoji14] ;)

And Jansher and Jahinger Khan are not brothers.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Magellan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:59 am

Mr Beefy wrote:And Jansher and Jahinger Khan are not brothers.

Whatever. I bet Dittmar would've struggled against Jahinger's dad Genghis, though. I heard he was absolutely ruthless with his opponents.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:33 am

Magellan wrote:

Whatever. I bet Dittmar would've struggled against Jahinger's dad Genghis, though. I heard he was absolutely ruthless with his opponents.

Dittmar would win every time, Genghis was stiff and slow by the time Dittmar came along.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10815 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:48 am

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Dittmar would win every time, Genghis was stiff and slow by the time Dittmar came along.

Maybe so Booney, but remember Genghis' racquet skills were very, very sharp.
Magellan
Coach

Postby VALE PARK » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:12 am

Did his grandson play cricket for Pakistan?
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Pseudo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:52 am

VALE PARK wrote:Did his grandson play cricket for Pakistan?

Kublai? No, he decreed a stately pleasuredome in Xanadu...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL