R18 - Who Cares Cup @ Alberton Sunday

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R18 - Who Cares Cup @ Alberton Sunday

Postby southee » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:04 pm

Magellan wrote:
zipzap wrote:Younie left the game at 3 qtr time to go to the main event. Cnut.

Even the coach knows it's a crock of shit. Honesty is the best policy.

Can not wait to hear Rowy and Bicks pull themselves over reasons why Younie left the game at half time

i am sure it will be completely justified !!! :roll:

This is the lowest of all time lows this one!!!!
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 861 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:23 pm

southee wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Can not wait to hear Rowy and Bicks pull themselves over reasons why Younie left the game at half time

They'll just have a crack at the SANFL about the programming
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2430 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dogs72 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:13 pm

southee wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Subject to hearing the reason, how much more can these $&&@s, crap on the competition. This is disgusting, treating the competition and the contest with complete disregard and contempt.
Dogs72
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby therisingblues » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:27 pm

amber_fluid wrote:I heard the commentators talk to Ellis Youman about the game and all they could talk about was him and getting back in the crows side.
No mention of the game itself or how they won it! :roll:

Reminds me of one of the grand finals a few years back, KG and I think Cornesy did the call. After the game all they could talk about was who from the two teams would get drafted. Just the thing that you want to hear after winning a flag/playing in a grand final. :roll:
Somebody actually called them up and reminded them that all year the media focusses on the AFL and couldn't they stop talking about it even on SANFL's biggest day of the year? From memory they got a bit defensive with the caller, but then toned it down a little, and actually began commenting about how the game was actually won, etc, after the called hung up.
Dick heads just can't comprehend that for some of us the SANFL is far more appealing than the AFL media circus.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Groucho » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:41 pm

Someone has to say it.

NO AFL IN THE SANFL. :twisted:
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Reddeer » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:08 pm

Groucho wrote:Someone has to say it.

We will keep say that until we are blue in the face but unfortunately it will continue until just nobody turns up at matches.
With the current attendances that isn't far away. Olsen should just privatise the comp. Oh wait he has already sold it off.
Thanks so much Mr Olsen
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby stampy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:52 am

Reddeer wrote:
Groucho wrote:Someone has to say it.

We will keep say that until we are blue in the face but unfortunately it will continue until just nobody turns up at matches.
With the current attendances that isn't far away. Olsen should just privatise the comp. Oh wait he has already sold it off.
Thanks so much Mr Olsen

good old sell out johnny, sold the satab for 45mil, shows what a flog he is
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 336 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:04 pm

Yesterday just proves SANFL doesn't care about crowds, why schedule a Ravens game the same day as a Crows home game?

I know bugger all Crows fans turn up anyway, but by doing this you don;t even give them the chance/opportunity to do so....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 3605 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:07 pm

Bit over 2000 people. second biggest crowd of the weekend.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7527 times
Been liked: 10836 times

Postby teaoby » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Younie hasn't even been present at some games over the past 2 years so I'm not sure why your all blowing up all of a sudden.
Their development coaches coach on certain days.
beards dont kill people, people with beards kill people
teaoby
Reserves

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby matt35 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Spot on Dutchy! My partner and I certainly would've been there had it not clashed with the Crows Essendon game, especially with the Bays not playing this weekend.

Crowd was 2,289. Tv audience averaged 52 thousand across the telecast, happy to stand corrected but believe that's probably the largest this year. You can bet that's what the SANFL will highlight.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:21 pm

Wedgie wrote:Smallest crowd I've ever seen at Alberton.

Nup, against South last year was worse.

I wasn't paying to go out and watch it so I sat in the clubrooms watching the races and the broadcast, sounded a decent crowd when Port kicked a couple in the last 1/4.

I saw one kid in a Crows jumper, one old lady in a scarfe and one bloke had a Crows hat on. Doubt there would have been 50 people there "supporting" them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7527 times
Been liked: 10836 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:23 pm

teaoby wrote:Younie hasn't even been present at some games over the past 2 years so I'm not sure why your all blowing up all of a sudden.

The only other time I have heard of a coach leaving mid game was Malcolm Blight. And he did that because he was very, very mad, and wanted it to be a loud statement to his players in front of the football world.

My point being that the act of leaving a game early is more of a statement than not being there at all. Besides that, if what you are saying is true, (and I am assuming that it is) why isn't he at every game? He's the head coach isn't he? How many other coaches don't attend games because they regularly have something more important to do?

Why are we suddenly in an uproar? It's just a bit of an iconic moment that the head coach left mid-game because there was a more important game elsewhere. Heavily underscores what so many on here forewarned about how seriously the Ravens would take the competition.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby teaoby » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:29 pm

therisingblues wrote:
teaoby wrote:Younie hasn't even been present at some games over the past 2 years so I'm not sure why your all blowing up all of a sudden.

The only other time I have heard of a coach leaving mid game was Malcolm Blight. And he did that because he was very, very mad, and wanted it to be a loud statement to his players in front of the football world.

My point being that the act of leaving a game early is more of a statement than not being there at all. Besides that, if what you are saying is true, (and I am assuming that it is) why isn't he at every game? He's the head coach isn't he? How many other coaches don't attend games because they regularly have something more important to do?

Why are we suddenly in an uproar? It's just a bit of an iconic moment that the head coach left mid-game because there was a more important game elsewhere. Heavily underscores what so many on here forewarned about how seriously the Ravens would take the competition.

All I'm saying is it isn't the first time he has left during a game from my understanding, as he has a role with the AFL team as well.
They, like their players use the SANFL to develop coaches so they allow their Dev coaches to coach. as head coach at certain times, and again it has happened since day one, not just this week.
beards dont kill people, people with beards kill people
teaoby
Reserves

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:48 pm

Fair enough. I understand what you are saying. For me though him not even being at games is symptomatic of the Ravens' attitude to the SANFL, and what they assured us would not happen i.e. we were told that they would take the competition seriously and play every game to win. Fair enough they want to develop coaches, but would Don Pyke ever delegate game duties to an underling, then actually leave (or not be in attendance from the start), all in the name of development? No, he would allow some autonomy and be watching over every move in case a mistake was made. The Ravens head coach should be under instruction to do the same.
Personally, I am making noise about it now, because I never knew this was an ongoing thing.
therisingblues
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL