Reserves - PAFC accepts invite from SA Football Commission

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Reserves - PAFC accepts invite from SA Football Commissi

Postby UK Fan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:38 pm

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:Yes UK Fan, so do I, but he doesn't have a high profile in the footy community like the bloke whom I believe will be named.

Who was Dave Cavenett in the football community before becoming cdfc president ???
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby topsywaldron » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Booney wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:Pretty simple I'm guessing, he feels passionately that the SANFL has been eviscerated by the actions of six clubs and is trying to hold them to account.

Not too tricky?

I'm pretty certain that now that the deals have been done and the commission / league directors signed off on it that the only thing that removing any of the clubs boards would only be acting from spite. Good luck.

What a Norwwod member may or may not do has got zero to do with someone without an SANFL club.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:58 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
Booney wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:Pretty simple I'm guessing, he feels passionately that the SANFL has been eviscerated by the actions of six clubs and is trying to hold them to account.

Not too tricky?

I'm pretty certain that now that the deals have been done and the commission / league directors signed off on it that the only thing that removing any of the clubs boards would only be acting from spite. Good luck.

What a Norwwod member may or may not do has got zero to do with someone without an SANFL club.

Gold!!!!

As if port fans know what it's like to get a vote when it comes to board members

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby saintal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Macca19 wrote:What UK Fan, and many others here fail to grasp is that this strong definte NO mentality is very much in the minority. The majority of SANFL fans dont give a shit. The majority of Norwood fans dont give a shit. How many people turned up to the members information nights held by the clubs about this? From recollection (could be wrong) most said here it was around about 50-70 people at each. Wow. Maybe if more people turned up to these, then clubs may have felt more inclined to vote no. Or maybe they realise that the majority of their membership dont really care if the Crows are in the competition and may in fact be looking forward to beating them, or if they are Crows fans, going along and seeing both their clubs play on the same day. Or maybe they realise that for 90% of the season, nothing is different. Same club playing against the same SANFL teams.

Ditto Port and about how sad it is for "real" "Magpies" fans. No matter what decision a football club, or any organisation makes, a faction will be unhappy with that decision. So do you make decisions as a business based on the 3% who will be unhappy, of which 80% of them will probably get over it, or do you make decisions on the 97% who will continue to support that organisation regardless?

You make some reasonable points Macca. A fair portion of the population are apathetic and/or haven’t bothered to consider the ramifications of these changes to any great degree. This goes for most social/political issues as well.

This situation reminds me somewhat of the 80/20 Pareto theory. In that 80% of your business is generally generated from 20% of your customers. Although the results of the foot-e times survey can be fobbed off as misleading due to the readership of that publication, I think many who completed the survey would fall into that “20%” category. The members who are also season ticket holders. Who have a meal and a drink before/after the game. Who attend in the depths of winter when crowds consist of just your “die-hards”. Who attend when your team is sh*thouse. Who buy merchandise and attend club functions/fundraisers. Who sell the raffle tickets the club mails them. Who turn up at AGMs and members meetings etc.

We’ll see if by pissing off and disrespecting this “20%” there will be ramifications. On the other hand, perhaps these are the fans that are so highly vested in their club, that they will find it the hardest to walk away depite the league being a compromised cluster****. We’ll find out for sure in 3-5 years’ time I feel, as opposed to next year.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Macca19 wrote:What UK Fan, and many others here fail to grasp is that this strong definte NO mentality is very much in the minority. The majority of SANFL fans dont give a shit. The majority of Norwood fans dont give a shit. How many people turned up to the members information nights held by the clubs about this? From recollection (could be wrong) most said here it was around about 50-70 people at each. Wow. Maybe if more people turned up to these, then clubs may have felt more inclined to vote no. Or maybe they realise that the majority of their membership dont really care if the Crows are in the competition and may in fact be looking forward to beating them, or if they are Crows fans, going along and seeing both their clubs play on the same day. Or maybe they realise that for 90% of the season, nothing is different. Same club playing against the same SANFL teams.

Ditto Port and about how sad it is for "real" "Magpies" fans. No matter what decision a football club, or any organisation makes, a faction will be unhappy with that decision. So do you make decisions as a business based on the 3% who will be unhappy, of which 80% of them will probably get over it, or do you make decisions on the 97% who will continue to support that organisation regardless?

Did we get any actual numbers on the people who attended the SANFL club members meetings?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7521 times
Been liked: 10826 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:51 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6716365379

One little point in this article seems to have been missed.
Port Adelaide may be able to revive their juniors in the amateur league.
How will this effect the SANFL clubs whose zones will include part of the Port Adelaide area? Can imagine they'll have an uphill battle trying to get these players to their clubs, especially if a kid is a Port supporter. No doubt there will be some pissing in pockets to these players that they can still represent Port Adelaide.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 176 times

Postby bays2011 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:03 pm

saintal wrote:

You make some reasonable points Macca. A fair portion of the population are apathetic and/or haven’t bothered to consider the ramifications of these changes to any great degree. This goes for most social/political issues as well.

This situation reminds me somewhat of the 80/20 Pareto theory. In that 80% of your business is generally generated from 20% of your customers. Although the results of the foot-e times survey can be fobbed off as misleading due to the readership of that publication, I think many who completed the survey would fall into that “20%” category. The members who are also season ticket holders. Who have a meal and a drink before/after the game. Who attend in the depths of winter when crowds consist of just your “die-hards”. Who attend when your team is sh*thouse. Who buy merchandise and attend club functions/fundraisers. Who sell the raffle tickets the club mails them. Who turn up at AGMs and members meetings etc.

We’ll see if by pissing off and disrespecting this “20%” there will be ramifications. On the other hand, perhaps these are the fans that are so highly vested in their club, that they will find it the hardest to walk away depite the league being a compromised cluster****. We’ll find out for sure in 3-5 years’ time I feel, as opposed to next year.

You are spot on! This change is pissing off the SANFL supporters who matter most, the season ticket holders and club members. The people the SANFL clubs can least afford to piss off.
bays2011
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby beenreal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:03 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/answering-port-adelaide-supporters8217-key-questions-on-power-reserves/story-fnia6ojc-1226716365379

How will this effect the SANFL clubs whose zones will include part of the Port Adelaide area? Can imagine they'll have an uphill battle trying to get these players to their clubs, especially if a kid is a Port supporter. No doubt there will be some pissing in pockets to these players that they can still represent Port Adelaide.

I definitely hope so
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Booney wrote:
Did we get any actual numbers on the people who attended the SANFL club members meetings?

Not all clubs had them for a start.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3580 times

Postby Lynwood » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:27 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/answering-port-adelaide-supporters8217-key-questions-on-power-reserves/story-fnia6ojc-1226716365379

How will other SAAFL clubs feel about their clubs kids going to Port to compete against them?
Lynwood
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Jim05 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Lynwood wrote:

How will other SAAFL clubs feel about their clubs kids going to Port to compete against them?

Hopefully there parents are smart enough to send them elsewhere, my son will definately be never allowed to go to them.
Its bad enough now that he is training with Centrals u16's ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3565 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:46 pm

beenreal wrote:

I definitely hope so

Beeny, serious question I havnt heard answered.
At the moment if a kid is drafted to the AFL his feeder club gets some financial reward am I correct?
If a kid is brought up through Port's academy sides and is drafted would Port still be able to collect these rewards?
Jim05
Coach

Postby beenreal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Jim05 wrote:
beenreal wrote:

I definitely hope so

Beeny, serious question I havnt heard answered.
At the moment if a kid is drafted to the AFL his feeder club gets some financial reward am I correct?
If a kid is brought up through Port's academy sides and is drafted would Port still be able to collect these rewards?

I'd love to answer yes and hear your head explode Jim :shock: ;)

No is the correct answer, as the player development payment goes to the club of origin, which is fair enough.
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Postby Jim05 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:00 pm

No it was a genuine question Beeny.
I know the original club is rewarded but doesnt the SANFL club receive some aswell?
If Port does the hard work for years and trains someone up why shouldnt they be compensated?
Dont have an issue with that at all but thanks for your concern
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:52 pm

fester69 wrote:
Booney wrote:You going to buy a Norwood membership, vote at the AGM and show how serious you are about it UK? Or are you too, just full of piss and wind.

Excellent question Booney, but the question I have is WHO are we meant to replace them with? No one has come forward with an alternative board!!

If that bloke for the Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party can hold a senate seat and hold the balance of power on future legislation that effects the whole of Australia I don't see why fester can't be the Director at the Norwood Football Club and make decisions for the good of football in this state. However I'd suggest if the SANFL went to fester with the same deal they went to Tripodi with fester would drop his pants and bend over just like Tripodi
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2426 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby beenreal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Jim05 wrote:No it was a genuine question Beeny.
I know the original club is rewarded but doesnt the SANFL club receive some aswell?
If Port does the hard work for years and trains someone up why shouldnt they be compensated?
Dont have an issue with that at all but thanks for your concern

I understood it was a genuine question Jim. Just thought I'd have some fun with the answer.

While PA may develop the player, the compensation goes back to the original club, which as KT publicly stated on Monday night, the club ( and I) don't have a problem with.

I imaging the PAFC gets its reward in sponsorships, Finals Dividends, etc. if/when the player comes good.
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Postby zipzap » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:42 pm

Booney wrote:

Zero turned up at Sturt
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:56 pm

So a meeting was convened, yet nobody chose to attend?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7521 times
Been liked: 10826 times

Postby fester69 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:04 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
fester69 wrote:
Booney wrote:You going to buy a Norwood membership, vote at the AGM and show how serious you are about it UK? Or are you too, just full of piss and wind.

Excellent question Booney, but the question I have is WHO are we meant to replace them with? No one has come forward with an alternative board!!

If that bloke for the Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party can hold a senate seat and hold the balance of power on future legislation that effects the whole of Australia I don't see why fester can't be the Director at the Norwood Football Club and make decisions for the good of football in this state. However I'd suggest if the SANFL went to fester with the same deal they went to Tripodi with fester would drop his pants and bend over just like Tripodi

I'd make sure I'd get more than $50,000 and would only vote in the best interests of Norwood, and if other clubs couldn't survive by themselves, stiff shit!!
fester69
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby UK Fan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:20 pm

fester69 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
fester69 wrote:

I'd make sure I'd get more than $50,000 and would only vote in the best interests of Norwood, and if other clubs couldn't survive by themselves, stiff shit!!

Bollocks. Fairmont homes would come on in and youd fold like a pack of cards.

BTW had confirmation if Joe Lied to you yet again.

Cos Im hearing Norwood were a YES for Port.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL