SDK wrote:Fester .... 50m penalty for rubbing it in ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah ya great big backflipper ya
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Re: 2013 SANFL GRAND FINAL Norwood v Nth Adelaide

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Will never understand how at a minor round game, crowds are averaging around 3,000 and even for the finals series, crowds have been relatively low...why does everyone just jump on the bandwagon for the grand final?!? The true supporters are there every week. It amazes me how people can call themselves true supporters if the only game they attend is if there team is in the grand final.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Speaking of rubbing it in, who was the Norwood player who kept rubbing North players' heads when they gave away free kicks? I saw him do it about three times.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby BigRed42 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Will never understand how at a minor round game, crowds are averaging around 3,000 and even for the finals series, crowds have been relatively low...why does everyone just jump on the bandwagon for the grand final?!? The true supporters are there every week. It amazes me how people can call themselves true supporters if the only game they attend is if there team is in the grand final.

Have thought the exact same for quite a number of years. Where are they during the minor round?
BigRed42

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:47 pm

It's the same for every club, in every competition.
It's not just a Norwood problem.
Every club has a latent supporter base.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby SDK » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Speaking of rubbing it in, who was the Norwood player who kept rubbing North players' heads when they gave away free kicks? I saw him do it about three times.

Ah that would be John Wynne !
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Nah, it was on the field, not the coach's box.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby locky801 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Speaking of rubbing it in, who was the Norwood player who kept rubbing North players' heads when they gave away free kicks? I saw him do it about three times.

Guess at least he didn't kick them like one is alleged to have done ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3765 times
Been liked: 1180 times

Postby CENTURION » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Wedgie wrote:
CENTURION wrote:my kidneys are still throbbing.........gotta go on the wagon, methinks :)
ended up in The Bath Sunday night, woke up in some dirty's bed!! :D

Does that mean you've broken up with you know who and we can be Facebook friends again? :lol:

as I keep telling everyone, we weren't together in the first place.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby SDK » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Yes I am on your side Centurion, neither of the Gowans boys are gay !

And yes Locky you are right. Ben Warren was reported for ( 4 ) kicking .... kicking the North score !
SDK
League - Best 21

Been liked: 51 times

Postby Ian » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:59 pm

CENTURION wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
CENTURION wrote:my kidneys are still throbbing.........gotta go on the wagon, methinks :)
ended up in The Bath Sunday night, woke up in some dirty's bed!! :D

Does that mean you've broken up with you know who and we can be Facebook friends again? :lol:

as I keep telling everyone, we weren't together in the first place.

See it's you, he hates you! ;)
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby maccad » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:57 pm

congrats to the legs on back 2 back premierships was a bit worried in the 3rd especially given the shots north had, north people should be dissapointed about losing the GF but proud of their finals campain. Even though not a high scoring grandfinal it was still a tough game that was still on the line @ 3/4 time. Both teams were missing very gettable goals at times during the game was still better than last years crap. As for our team, we had 10 players from last year not play in this grand final and looks like we are going to have to another 10 to play in next years GF. Looking forward to not playing North on ANZAC DAY not! I heard that today on 5aavfl was not happy (for all real SANFL teams not just mine, deserving ANZAC DAY clash) and before south and centrals supporters get on here and talk about how my club voted yes i did not yes so i can have my gripe. As for the crowd not dissapointed but no off 6 people who would usually go but either had prior commitments or their wife booked a queensland holiday this week because airfaire was cheap here husband was spewing so was their 3 children.
maccad
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:34 am

Dogwatcher wrote:It's the same for every club, in every competition.

By no means was I just targeting Norwood. The people who only show up for the grand final should really be ashamed of themselves. The clubs didn't need your support to get there so why support them on gf day. Will never make sense to me.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby StrayDog » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:00 am

RB wrote:Did anyone else get annoyed by the constant cries for 'fifty' metre penalties on Sunday? Pisses me off. Learn the rules for this state FFS.

.... and, folks, coming soon to an SANFL ground near you! :)
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1159 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby robranisgod » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:05 am

Blackwhite wrote:Will never understand how at a minor round game, crowds are averaging around 3,000 and even for the finals series, crowds have been relatively low...why does everyone just jump on the bandwagon for the grand final?!? The true supporters are there every week. It amazes me how people can call themselves true supporters if the only game they attend is if there team is in the grand final.

A lot of people only go to the Grand Final because they don't have the time to attend minor round games. This includes those with young families, those who have to work weekends, those involved in suburban and country sport and those who are too old, who all only go to the Grand Final. I know from a North Adelaide perspective they have a lot of country supporters who find it impossible to get to the minor round games. Hence North's big support on Grand Final day when there minor round support is only average.

This brings me to another area where I disagree with Mr Whicker. He is talking of having a Friday night Grand Final. How would these country people be able to get to it? The Sunday of the long weekend is ideal for them and for the interstate supporters to come over to the game.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 231 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:07 am

robranisgod wrote:

A lot of people only go to the Grand Final because they don't have the time to attend minor round games. This includes those with young families, those who have to work weekends, those involved in suburban and country sport and those who are too old, who all only go to the Grand Final. I know from a North Adelaide perspective they have a lot of country supporters who find it impossible to get to the minor round games. Hence North's big support on Grand Final day when there minor round support is only average.

This brings me to another area where I disagree with Mr Whicker. He is talking of having a Friday night Grand Final. How would these country people be able to get to it? The Sunday of the long weekend is ideal for them and for the interstate supporters to come over to the game.

Remember the grand final wont be on the long weekend now it will be earlier to suit the afl clubs
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5611 times
Been liked: 2539 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby therisingblues » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:24 am

Blackwhite wrote:

By no means was I just targeting Norwood. The people who only show up for the grand final should really be ashamed of themselves. The clubs didn't need your support to get there so why support them on gf day. Will never make sense to me.

The one day a year we can get crowds above 20,000? Bring em in I say!
It'd be nice if they attended more during the year. But what's to say many of them don't attend two or three minor round games a year anyway?
I love the spectacle, let em in!
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:32 am

Blackwhite wrote:

So you want the GF to be played in front of 4000 people? :shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby robranisgod » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:35 am

whufc wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

Remember the grand final wont be on the long weekend now it will be earlier to suit the afl clubs

Yes I am well aware of that fact. Just another bad decision by Mr Whicker.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 231 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL