2013 SANFL GRAND FINAL Norwood v Nth Adelaide

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2013 SANFL GRAND FINAL Norwood v Nth Adelaide

Postby Punk Rooster » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:08 am

dedja wrote:
SimonH wrote:The other big unknown is the extent to which the SANFL play the 'last chance to see...' card. 'Cos to date there's been a lot of confident speculation, but absolutely zero by way of definite statements from the SANFL as to whether Footy Park will ever host another SANFL match after this weekend.

I so want to be the bloke to do this to Footy Park ...

9/11?
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:27 am

what a way to start my week at work.

walk in and this is the first conversation i have

fellow worker- hey mate how exciting Norwood and North GF

whufc- yeah its what the SANFL needed

fellow worker- yeah now that the Crows are in and people are interested in the SANFL i reckon they will get 30K there (long pause)......................................is that a record or anything,

whufc- is that the time already shit i need to go do the tests.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5647 times
Been liked: 2581 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Fricky » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:14 am

bulldogproud2 wrote:I wouldn't be too confident about Norwood winning the GF, definitely not by the seven or eight goals mentioned. Although they have been the better team for most of the season, North at their best earlier in the season were playing better football than Norwood were at their best. The matches against West over the past two weeks can't really be used for comparison purposes as West were without Ryan Ferguson who would make at least a three goal difference.
If North played badly against the Eagles and West in the first half, then what could Norwood's last three quarters against West be described as? After all, the scores were pretty even for the last three quarters.

Cheers

Norwood were that far in front at 1/4 time that they could afford to take the foot off the pedal in the last three and play a little more defensively.

This Sunday is going to be a belter of a day. Huge crowd, great anticipation from a lot of supporters in the SANFL and it should be an exciting game to watch. However, if North's start slowly against the Legs like they have done in the finals so far they may find themselves in a similar position that Westies were in at 1/4 time in the Semi Final.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:24 am

As much as I hate to say it, I just can't see North being Norwood. Hope I am wrong. Go you cocks!
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:06 am

dedja wrote:I so want to be the bloke to do this to Footy Park ...

People who regularly attend Football Park have no issues with it. Well, certainly less than those who go there for one game every 5 years. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7625 times
Been liked: 11096 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:17 am

Booney wrote:

People who regularly attend Football Park have no issues with it. Well, certainly less than those who go there for one game every 5 years. ;)

Wasnt it Port that wanted to move because they hate the place :roll:
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3650 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:21 am

Geezus, just saw that car parking is $15 this week, bit of an increase on zero dollars for the last 3 weeks!
Had to laugh too, costs $30 to get in but if you're a club member you can pay $25 plus transaction fees at ticketmaster. Whoopdeedoo.
Armchair expert wrote:Such a great club are Geelong
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2149 times
Been liked: 4089 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:23 am

Wedgie wrote:Geezus, just saw that car parking is $15 this week, bit of an increase on zero dollars for the last 3 weeks!
Had to laugh too, costs $30 to get in but if you're a club member you can pay $25 plus transaction fees at ticketmaster. Whoopdeedoo.

Surely you won't be driving mate?? :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4468 times
Been liked: 3009 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:24 am

JK wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Geezus, just saw that car parking is $15 this week, bit of an increase on zero dollars for the last 3 weeks!

lol definately not.
Proud of my effort yesterday, got my ex to drive me in her car there and back while I got smashed! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:25 am

We have to pay for Olsens retirement fund someway.
Absolute disgrace, would be better off filling the place at $15-20 a head.
$30 may keep a few away
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3650 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:26 am

Anyone know if they're having a Grand Final presentation on Saturday?
Used to be in Rundle Mall, but Rundle Mall is an absolute mess atm with most of it fenced off.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby JK » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:28 am

Wedgie wrote:
JK wrote:

lol definately not.
Proud of my effort yesterday, got my ex to drive me in her car there and back while I got smashed! :lol:

LOL That is impressive!!! :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4468 times
Been liked: 3009 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 am

Current odds of the game thanks to sportsbet.com.au:

Norwood $1.20
North $4.40
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:30 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Wasnt it Port that wanted to move because they hate the place :roll:

I dont know Jim, you're telling the story. From all the people I know who regulalry attended Port and Adelaide games the overwhelming consensus was there is nothing wrong with Footy Park, no need to spend the $550m.

Like I said, those who went once or twice a year or less seemed to be the people who complained about it the most, ironically, the people who used it least.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7625 times
Been liked: 11096 times

Postby cennals05 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:31 am

Wedgie wrote:Anyone know if they're having a Grand Final presentation on Saturday?
Used to be in Rundle Mall, but Rundle Mall is an absolute mess atm with most of it fenced off.

Yes they are, under the Gawler Place canopy.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:32 am

cennals05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Anyone know if they're having a Grand Final presentation on Saturday?

Geezus, that's going to be messy.

On the game, ironic that North played in the last GF at Adelaide Oval and will play in the last GF at Footy Pk, lets hope its the same standard of a game as 73 with a different result.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Ian » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Wedgie wrote:
On the game, ironic that North played in the last GF at Adelaide Oval and will play in the last GF at Footy Pk, lets hope its the same standard of a game as 73 with a different result.
I reckon the result will be different, Glenelg aren't playing :)
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Wedgie wrote:
cennals05 wrote:

Geezus, that's going to be messy.

Coincidence, not irony. Just saying. ;-)
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby maccad » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Bulldogproud it was 6 goals 14 behinds after 1/4 time for NWD to 5 goals 7 to west. The only difference from 1/4 time and the rest of the match is NWD kicked straight at the to start and didn't after that our wining margin does not justify how much we smashed them. As for the NTh's best at the at the start of the year was better than NWD now, beating south, Glenelg and sturt by big margins compared to Nwd' s last six weeks easily beating nth, centrals and eagles who were all finals sides. Nth beat us earlier in the year when we weren't playing well yet we played poorly and still had more scoring shots. If we can have 30 scoring shots against NTH I am very confident of the right result if we can kick straight. On the otherhand if Nth have 30 scoring shots against us they would be confident of winning as well. Our defensive pressure is the best in the competition and even though Nth are the highest scoring team in the comp I can't see us allowing them 30 shots at goal unless the game is over and we just give up.
maccad
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby bulldogproud2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:04 pm

maccad wrote:Bulldogproud it was 6 goals 14 behinds after 1/4 time for NWD to 5 goals 7 to west. The only difference from 1/4 time and the rest of the match is NWD kicked straight at the to start and didn't after that our wining margin does not justify how much we smashed them. As for the NTh's best at the at the start of the year was better than NWD now, beating south, Glenelg and sturt by big margins compared to Nwd' s last six weeks easily beating nth, centrals and eagles who were all finals sides. Nth beat us earlier in the year when we weren't playing well yet we played poorly and still had more scoring shots. If we can have 30 scoring shots against NTH I am very confident of the right result if we can kick straight. On the otherhand if Nth have 30 scoring shots against us they would be confident of winning as well. Our defensive pressure is the best in the competition and even though Nth are the highest scoring team in the comp I can't see us allowing them 30 shots at goal unless the game is over and we just give up.

True, if Norwood did not kick straight in that first quarter against West, they could have been in a lot of trouble ;)
Only kidding, but honestly I am not writing North off in this one. Take away the last five weeks of the minor round and they were the most impressive side this season.
Nice dry weather on Sunday would certainly give them a chance.
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL