2013 SANFL GRAND FINAL Norwood v Nth Adelaide

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2013 SANFL GRAND FINAL Norwood v Nth Adelaide

Postby o five » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:26 pm

North would be lucky to win this one. Just ask Basset the arrogant prick.
Go North.
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Damo 497 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:29 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Even was some West supporters at the game today wanting North to win, at least it will be a spectacle with some atmosphere.

I certainly wasn't going to go if it was Nwd v WA

I would have...
Damo 497

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby SDK » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Like Mike Nunan wasn't arrogant when he had North up and about in the 80's ?
Bass is very confident in his own ability and the abilities of his players. No one is taking this game for granted as North have some very very dangerous forwards. I believe Norwood will win by keeping pressure on the ball carrier restricting the opportunities of these top line forwards...... mind you our defence is the best in the comp !
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby Damo 497 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Norwood to piss it in i think.
Damo 497

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby o five » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:42 pm

SDK wrote:Like Mike Nunan wasn't arrogant when he had North up and about in the 80's ?
Bass is very confident in his own ability and the abilities of his players. No one is taking this game for granted as North have some very very dangerous forwards. I believe Norwood will win by keeping pressure on the ball carrier restricting the opportunities of these top line forwards...... mind you our defence is the best in the comp !

I don`t recall Nunan ever publicly saying the opposition were lucky to win a game after a loss.
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby JK » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:46 pm

Im a pretty nervous/pessimistic supporter at the best of times, but the Roosters do seriously worry me. They have a list that oozes talent and play a brand of football that is the most devastating in the comp when they get it right. Ordinarily I would think we would take some advantage from the rest we've had whilst North played their 3rd final on the trot in 27 degree's effectively minus 2 players. Yet they showed no signs whatsoever of slowing down yesterday which kinda roots that theory up. Very nervous here, wont be much work getting done this week. Hopefully the boys can play to the best of their ability on Sunday, because they'll need to.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4468 times
Been liked: 3009 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:01 pm

JK wrote:Im a pretty nervous/pessimistic supporter at the best of times, but the Roosters do seriously worry me. They have a list that oozes talent and play a brand of football that is the most devastating in the comp when they get it right. Ordinarily I would think we would take some advantage from the rest we've had whilst North played their 3rd final on the trot in 27 degree's effectively minus 2 players. Yet they showed no signs whatsoever of slowing down yesterday which kinda roots that theory up. Very nervous here, wont be much work getting done this week. Hopefully the boys can play to the best of their ability on Sunday, because they'll need to.

You said you blokes were home the other night when I bumped into you. Give us the cup now, I think you said. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7625 times
Been liked: 11096 times

Postby Big Phil » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:Im a pretty nervous/pessimistic supporter at the best of times, but the Roosters do seriously worry me. They have a list that oozes talent and play a brand of football that is the most devastating in the comp when they get it right. Ordinarily I would think we would take some advantage from the rest we've had whilst North played their 3rd final on the trot in 27 degree's effectively minus 2 players. Yet they showed no signs whatsoever of slowing down yesterday which kinda roots that theory up. Very nervous here, wont be much work getting done this week. Hopefully the boys can play to the best of their ability on Sunday, because they'll need to.

You said you blokes were home the other night when I bumped into you. Give us the cup now, I think you said. ;)

That's because he thought they'd be playing West ;)
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 277 times

Postby JK » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Booney wrote:

LMFAO and I used to think you were the only honest Port bloke I knew ...
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:03 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Booney wrote:

No, it's because Booney's dribbling BS because he's not over the fact I won the ride-on Esky at the pub ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby BrekkyDJ » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:05 pm

All this visiting Victorian needs to find is a good pub for pre-game drinks and a great* pub for post-match drinks.

*Note: Great pub means the possibility of picking up :lol:
BrekkyDJ

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:08 pm

JK wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Booney wrote:

No, it's because Booney's dribbling BS because he's not over the fact I won the ride-on Esky at the pub ;)

Too ******* right!! One pint.....one ******* pint!!!

Downed about 40 of those tasty lovelies trying to win that thing. Well, winning that would have just been a bonus, really. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:08 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:

LMFAO and I used to think you were the only honest Port bloke I knew ...

Alright, you weren't quite that positive. 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:09 pm

BrekkyDJ wrote:All this visiting Victorian needs to find is a good pub for pre-game drinks and a great* pub for post-match drinks.

The Highway, Mars Bar or Arkaba, depending on your age/taste mate
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby BrekkyDJ » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:38 pm

JK wrote:
BrekkyDJ wrote:All this visiting Victorian needs to find is a good pub for pre-game drinks and a great* pub for post-match drinks.

The Highway, Mars Bar or Arkaba, depending on your age/taste mate

Maybe the Grab a Granny, errrr, I mean Over 28s :p
BrekkyDJ

Has liked: 1 time

Postby garygroundwork » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:22 pm

hahaha in Adelaide..good luck with that
garygroundwork
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:33 pm

If he isn't ugly he has a shot. Good luck champ. Hope ya pull.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby fester69 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:43 pm

IN THE BAG!!

I think I've got Mr Bassett covered in the arrogance stakes!!
North were okay on Sunday but West were that bad even Glenelg would of beat them!
fester69
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:59 pm

fester69 wrote:IN THE BAG!!

I think I've got Mr Bassett covered in the arrogance stakes!!
North were okay on Sunday but West were that bad even Glenelg would of beat them!

LOL. Every right to be arrogant as a supporter. Been the best team over the minor season easily.

North have to improve with their skills to be a chance on Sunday. Can't fault their endeavor.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby robranisgod » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:04 pm

mal wrote:
Punk Rooster wrote:can someone tell me the last time North played Norwood in a GF? (lest I get it wrong...) 8)

NA 14-11
NW 13-12

There was an opinion going around that NW were deprived of a free kick late in the game, that could have turned the game
This has been refuted by other opinions
There is a 1960s thread in the History room detailing that game

Yes, in either Red and Blue Blooded or Men of Norwood Alan Killagrew is quoted as saying that Bill Wedding was held without the ball 30 yards from goal with less than a minute to play. I was at the game, I don't remember the incident but I do have a copy of the audio of the last quarter (I need to get a life) and after Norwood kick the last goal of the game to get within 5 points the last 5 minutes of the game are played completely in North's forward lines. Haydn Bunton was clearing from deep in defence as the siren rang, so either Wedding was held 150 metres off the ball, and remember there was only one umpire then or Killa's memory failed him.

It's not the first time a losing side has tried to rewrite history with respect to a Grand Final.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 245 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL