"State League" players to top for AFL Nab flog challenge

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re:

Postby holden78 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:56 pm

When u get into bed with a whore don't then complain when she answers her phone and starts talking to another bloke while you still have a Tiger Woody :shock:
Is this what Karma is??? :twisted:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re:

Postby philcas » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:59 pm

Jim05 wrote:
philcas wrote:I seem to have missed something why are the players from essondon not playing in the NAB challenge i understand it has something to do with the supplement saga but who has stopped the essondon players playing
Please explain.

The 18 who got infraction notices are provisionally suspended so thats fair enough they miss. What I and many others dont like is that the other 7 on our list from 2012 have also pulled out. This is supposed to protect the identities of who received infraction notices which I think is a crock of crap because everyone knows who the 18 are. My understanding is Essendon and the AFL wanted these 7 to play but the AFLPA came over the top with threats against both Essendon and the AFL not to play them. Not sure which player is the chief instigator but the 7 players have the power

Are players such as patty rider & gus monfries affected by this suspension?
philcas
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Re: "State League" players to top for AFL Nab flog challenge

Postby Jim05 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:10 pm

philcas wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
philcas wrote:I seem to have missed something why are the players from essondon not playing in the NAB challenge i understand it has something to do with the supplement saga but who has stopped the essondon players playing
Please explain.

The 18 who got infraction notices are provisionally suspended so thats fair enough they miss. What I and many others dont like is that the other 7 on our list from 2012 have also pulled out. This is supposed to protect the identities of who received infraction notices which I think is a crock of crap because everyone knows who the 18 are. My understanding is Essendon and the AFL wanted these 7 to play but the AFLPA came over the top with threats against both Essendon and the AFL not to play them. Not sure which player is the chief instigator but the 7 players have the power

Yes
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Re:

Postby DOC » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Rising Power wrote:
DOC wrote:ALL clubs should be together on this. If you go, there is no coming back is the clear and distinct message they should get.

However, six clubs have no credibility on sticking together and could not be trusted to carry this out. This is where the yes vote by those six now leaves us. Disjointed.

Would , if you were a current player or club official,, welcome any one back who buggers off just before the start of the season to play practice matches for another club?

This piffle that it is an opportunity as sprouted by quite a number of VFL and SANFL officials is farcical. An opportunity for what?

So South can line up with every other club for Mitch Clisby's signature after North boot him out for desertion? I don't think this situation has any connection to the reserves vote, it would be happening regardless.

No. Read the first sentence. No coming back to the league.

Could you trust the clubs to stick together? No.

This has every connection with the reserves vote. United we stand, divided we fall. We are divided and the trust to operate as a collective is gone.

Contacting and contracting an already contracted player is, at least to my simple view, wrong. Speaking to the club first to seek permission is not difficult and not something that you forget. I think that assertion is a bare faced lie.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 741 times
Been liked: 2111 times

Re:

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:37 am

wasn't sure where to put this... i found it amusing.

http://titusoreily.com/everything-you-n ... the-sanfl/
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby stan » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:39 am

Wedgie wrote:I'm still trying to work out why clubs will be disrupted to replace some players who won't even be suspended!
Those players should be delisted forever if the AFL or Essendon had any balls.
Essendon, you have replaced Port as the weakest link, goodbye.

Apparently to protect the identity of the provisionally suspended players. Which is stupid really. But it just shows how much pull the AFLPA has.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:40 am

Yeah its just business ;)
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:54 am

woodublieve12 wrote:wasn't sure where to put this... i found it amusing.

http://titusoreily.com/everything-you-n ... the-sanfl/

I thought it was excellent as well. Especially the bolded parts below. :lol:

Everything you need to know about the SANFL
This week, Essendon approached several SANFL players to play in the NAB Challenge.

This is because many Essendon players will have to sit out due to a giant international conspiracy.

The SANFL were not happy and Essendon have since apologised.

Anyway, you’re probably wondering what is a SANFL? Do I have it and is there a cure? Can you get it from eating frozen berries?

These are good questions, well put.

Rest assured, you probably don’t have SANFL.

Just in case though here’s all you’ll ever need to know:

The SANFL is South Australia’s Australian Rules state league
They have real stadiums and teams and everything
The meaning of the letters ‘SANFL’ is lost in the sands of time
Apart from building submarines and cars, it is the states largest and only employer
Formed by the convicts who founded Adelaide, it is older than the A-League and the Big Bash, combined
A SANFL match has similar rules to the AFL but has three quarters and drinking during the game is encouraged by both players and spectators
The SANFL match-day program is called the Football Budget because it’s the only thing that makes money
The SANFL’s revenue is over $100 million a season. On a side note, Essendon chairman Paul Little made $350 million today from the sale of Toll
Instead of pies, you eat a whole stick of mettwurst at a SANFL game
The SANFL is shown in HD because Channel Seven are the worst and are just trolling the rest of Australia
The winner of the SANFL gets to operate the Central Market for a year
Collingwood stole the magpies name and colours from Port Adelaide, a SANFL club. Mention this to a Collingwood supporter whenever you see one
The playing standard of the SANFL is below the AFL but above a Melbourne v GWS game
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Re:

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:01 am

SANFL is a shambles

If teams lose players for multiple league games to this will this years premiers have * next to it
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re:

Postby Hazydog » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:41 am

Jim05 wrote:
philcas wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Please explain.

Yes

And isnt that a clear example of double standards by the AFL? OK for Ryder, Monfries, Crameri and co to be identified, but not the Essendon boys.

What happens if they all get suspensions? Will the rest of the 2012 squad still be able to sit games out to protect the identity?

What is wrong with allowing the players to be named, and pointing out that they are all innocent until proven guilty? That's the way the rest of society operates.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 192 times

Re:

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:03 am

Ryder identified himself when he decided to jump ship. Crameri identified himself when he opted for his own defence lawyer. Not sure about Monfries.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 1223 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re:

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:15 am

The AFL actually have a lesser hold on the SANFL now than a year ago, since the SANFL paid back the Ten Million it loaned for the Port basket case from the AFL. Word has it the AFL weren't keen for the SANFL to pay it back so they could have more power over the SANFL.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby stan » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:20 pm

Wedgie wrote:The AFL actually have a lesser hold on the SANFL now than a year ago, since the SANFL paid back the Ten Million it loaned for the Port basket case from the AFL. Word has it the AFL weren't keen for the SANFL to pay it back so they could have more power over the SANFL.

I mentioned his a while back. It was a good move by the SANFL. One the AFL were not happy about.
stan
Coach

Postby Rising Power » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:32 pm

DOC wrote:

This has every connection with the reserves vote. United we stand, divided we fall. We are divided and the trust to operate as a collective is gone.

Contacting and contracting an already contracted player is, at least to my simple view, wrong. Speaking to the club first to seek permission is not difficult and not something that you forget. I think that assertion is a bare faced lie.

A bit extreme. Might as well extend that to include only recruiting players who have no interest in playing AFL. Or ammo/country footy for that matter.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Bounce of the ball » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:17 pm

Wedgie wrote:The AFL actually have a lesser hold on the SANFL now than a year ago, since the SANFL paid back the Ten Million it loaned for the Port basket case from the AFL. Word has it the AFL weren't keen for the SANFL to pay it back so they could have more power over the SANFL.

Lol . Who said this ? Forget the 10 mill debt ,IF true should have always been the case. Sounds like north talk. Has north told the AFL what they think ?
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re:

Postby kickinit » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:33 pm

I think what everyone is forgetting or doesn't know, is that Essendon think they are bigger then the AFL itself. You only have to look how they have dealt with the drugs issue to see it and look at the golden boy Hird.

The reason why the AFL wants them to pick players who have played AFL in the last 2 years is because if this spills into the proper season, Essendon are allowed to sign players who have played AFL in the last 2 years but have not been drafted again. The AFL could of allowed them to tai players from the VFL and come season time take these players anyway. I think it's better to do it now then a day before the start of the season. At least it gives the clubs some time to restructure find some sort of replacement (even if it is to top up the reserves) before the start of season. The problem that the SANFL clubs have is that these players more then likely have a clause in their contract to leave if resigned in the AFL.

I have no sympathy for Essendon and think the club is a absolute disgrace. My view is if the club hasn't got enough players to play then they forfeit, if they haven't got enough for the year then they are out of the comp. But the AFL is a business and a large chunk of it's income is from the tv rights deal, which must have Essendon playing. The AFL was always going to look after Essendon when it come down to them losing income, like any business/club would do.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:13 am

kickinit wrote:I think what everyone is forgetting or doesn't know, is that Essendon think they are bigger then the AFL itself. You only have to look how they have dealt with the drugs issue to see it and look at the golden boy Hird.

The reason why the AFL wants them to pick players who have played AFL in the last 2 years is because if this spills into the proper season, Essendon are allowed to sign players who have played AFL in the last 2 years but have not been drafted again. The AFL could of allowed them to tai players from the VFL and come season time take these players anyway. I think it's better to do it now then a day before the start of the season. At least it gives the clubs some time to restructure find some sort of replacement (even if it is to top up the reserves) before the start of season. The problem that the SANFL clubs have is that these players more then likely have a clause in their contract to leave if resigned in the AFL.

I have no sympathy for Essendon and think the club is a absolute disgrace. My view is if the club hasn't got enough players to play then they forfeit, if they haven't got enough for the year then they are out of the comp. But the AFL is a business and a large chunk of it's income is from the tv rights deal, which must have Essendon playing. The AFL was always going to look after Essendon when it come down to them losing income, like any business/club would do.

Unfortunately you are right

The AFL is a business first sports comp second
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby DOC » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:29 am

Rising Power wrote:
DOC wrote:

A bit extreme. Might as well extend that to include only recruiting players who have no interest in playing AFL. Or ammo/country footy for that matter.

We are not talking end of year recruiting here. These players are contracted to their clubs who are starting competitive trial games themselves. What team first mentality do any of these players exhibit? As I stated previously, this is an opportunity for what? The real opportunity was for those players to exhibit that their obligations to their SANFL and VFL clubs was their priority and to quote Arthur Daily, "my word is my bond".

When it comes to recruiting and more so at this level, a players personal attributes and not just their football prowess is weighed heavily.

Think Shaun McKernan.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 741 times
Been liked: 2111 times

Postby stan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:32 am

DOC wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
DOC wrote:

We are not talking end of year recruiting here. These players are contracted to their clubs who are starting competitive trial games themselves. What team first mentality do any of these players exhibit? As I stated previously, this is an opportunity for what? The real opportunity was for those players to exhibit that their obligations to their SANFL and VFL clubs was their priority and to quote Arthur Daily, "my word is my bond".

When it comes to recruiting and more so at this level, a players personal attributes and not just their football prowess is weighed heavily.

Think Shaun McKernan.

I have bit of a laugh when I think of him. The things are going he'll be playing CHF for Essendon this season.

I get what your saying though. But in the end it will likely be only a few players effected. Probably a few too many but I believe the rules are that they can only take 2 players from leagues outside the VFL.
stan
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:37 am

stan wrote:
DOC wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
DOC wrote:

Think Shaun McKernan.

I have bit of a laugh when I think of him. The things are going he'll be playing CHF for Essendon this season.

I get what your saying though. But in the end it will likely be only a few players effected. Probably a few too many but I believe the rules are that they can only take 2 players from leagues outside the VFL.

2 players from each side in state leagues outside the VFL.
Dont think there will be many more than has already signed, think we will take a few kids from the VFL
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL