Rumour re Media Coverage

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Postby Aerie » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:31 pm

Is there any way a phone/cb radio or something could be placed in the commentary area so matt35 and others who need that service could tune in at the game without the delay you get streaming? Would that work?
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 513 times

Postby saintal » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:41 pm

So this year i'll be able to tune into Uraidla v Mt Lofty on Hills radio and will have a choice of 4 stations covering the AFL, but wont be able to pick up a SANFL game. :?
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 433 times

Postby Grenville » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:50 pm

saintal wrote:So this year i'll be able to tune into Uraidla v Mt Lofty on Hills radio and will have a choice of 4 stations covering the AFL, but wont be able to pick up a SANFL game. :?

Hills radio footy coverage is a great listen , well worth tuning in to.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:58 am

Could they do a local fm broadcast for people at the game? Would be a damn shame if the game lost the likes of matt35 because of this
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Spargo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:30 am

bennymacca wrote:Could they do a local fm broadcast for people at the game? Would be a damn shame if the game lost the likes of matt35 because of this

As opposed to the thousands & thousands of others already lost in recent times due to countless SANFL f#ck ups...
(no offense to you matt35)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5555 times
Been liked: 5179 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby RB » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:17 am

saintal wrote:So this year i'll be able to tune into Uraidla v Mt Lofty on Hills radio and will have a choice of 4 stations covering the AFL, but wont be able to pick up a SANFL game. :?

You'd think the ABC could step in and cover the SANFL on radio again. I mean it's not like they actually need to cover the AFL given that several stations do already.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 773 times
Been liked: 1085 times

Postby DoublebluTiger » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:27 am

RB wrote:

You'd think the ABC could step in and cover the SANFL on radio again. I mean it's not like they actually need to cover the AFL given that several stations do already.

I agree with you re the ABC but then they'd argue their charter is to take AFL to rural and regional areas but in saying that there would be few areas of the state not covered by Croc Media broadcast taken by regional commercial radio.

I am one who enjoys listening to SANFL on the radio and I'd rather listen to an SANFL game and like the hills Great Southern Footy has a broadcast from a footy game albeit not great but if they can manage to do it then surely SANFL can do it.
Success is in trying
DoublebluTiger
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Psyber » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:30 am

I started going to Norwood matches again when I returned to Adelaide in 2009, but then got busy from about 2011 working interstate often in June to August, which disconnected me a bit, but I still kept in touch with what was happening as best I could.

Turning the SANFL into a reserves competition for the AFL teams disconnected me a bit more, and the advent of a new lady with theatre connections into my life in the last 2 years distracted me a bit. So I guess the slow death of SANFL won't bother me as much as it would have done a few years ago...

I've never gone to an AFL match, and have only kept track of that on TV or on line. So I won't miss that much once it becomes subscription only.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Mickyj » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:40 am

So when does SA footy shut down the SANFL section seeing many of the posters who dont attend are saying its dead . and now no radio its dead to them .
So its dead why have a topic section on this forum cause if its dead besides the like of me my family who will go ?

So much doom and gloom on SAFooty
The world must be abut to end :roll:
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby RB » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:56 am

^You've said this a thousand times before. Regardless of whether you agree that it's dead you've made your point.
RB
Coach

Postby Mickyj » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:09 pm

RB wrote:^You've said this a thousand times before. Regardless of whether you agree that it's dead you've made your point.

Fair enough it's dead
So you won't be posting game scores here like was posted for the trials over the weekend anymore ?
Just asking cause if it's dead and no one is watching then you shouldn't be posting trial scores or match comments
Just asking seeing this site has announced it's dead why post anything ?
Just asking seeing everyone has the right to say it's dead can I ask why the site still posts sanfl comments ?
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby RB » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:23 pm

And it goes on...
RB
Coach

Postby Spargo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Mickyj wrote:
RB wrote:^You've said this a thousand times before. Regardless of whether you agree that it's dead you've made your point.

Fair enough it's dead
So you won't be posting game scores here like was posted for the trials over the weekend anymore ?
Just asking cause if it's dead and no one is watching then you shouldn't be posting trial scores or match comments
Just asking seeing everyone has the right to say it's dead can I ask why the site still posts sanfl comments ?

FFS
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5555 times
Been liked: 5179 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Mickyj wrote:

Fair enough it's dead

Mate, if you read through the posts you'll see most think the SANFL is dying, not dead, people are losing interest but havent lost all interest and crowd figures back this up since the introduction of the AFL Reserves sides as does diminishing media interest of which losing radio broadcasts also indicates.
This site is the only thing keeping me slightly interested in the SANFL. Closing it would be disasterous. Lets make a deal mate, I wont tell you how to run your business if you stop telling me how to run mine?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Mickyj » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Fair enough it's dead

Mate, if you read through the posts you'll see most think the SANFL is dying, not dead, people are losing interest but havent lost all interest and crowd figures back this up since the introduction of the AFL Reserves sides as does diminishing media interest of which losing radio broadcasts also indicates.
This site is the only thing keeping me slightly interested in the SANFL. Closing it would be disasterous. Lets make a deal mate, I wont tell you how to run your business if you stop telling me how to run mine?

Seeing the Feds are paying me you could complain to them
That's ok it's just boring reading doom and gloom
But I do read other footy forums and sanfl football page on Facebook
Just seems your work is the only one dooming and glooming
So ok I'll let you guys go
Guess not agreeing with everyone doesn't go down well
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:52 pm

oh my, there are differing opinions on here, FB and other forums and there is a constant underlying theme....
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11957 times
Been liked: 3650 times

Postby JK » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Mickyj wrote:But I do read other footy forums and sanfl football page on Facebook
Just seems your work is the only one dooming and glooming

Kidding right?? :shock:
Last edited by JK on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby RustyCage » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Mickyj wrote:So when does SA footy shut down the SANFL section seeing many of the posters who dont attend are saying its dead . and now no radio its dead to them .
So its dead why have a topic section on this forum cause if its dead besides the like of me my family who will go ?

Shut down the SANFL section? Stuff that, soon we'll have a complete monopoly of SANFL coverage, news, and discussion! We'll be powerful!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Mickyj » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:00 pm

RustyCage wrote:
Mickyj wrote:So when does SA footy shut down the SANFL section seeing many of the posters who dont attend are saying its dead . and now no radio its dead to them .

Shut down the SANFL section? Stuff that, soon we'll have a complete monopoly of SANFL coverage, news, and discussion! We'll be powerful!

So your closing down the other footy forums and the sanfl fans page on Facebook good luck
I
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Mickyj wrote:
RustyCage wrote:

So your closing down the other footy forums and the sanfl fans page on Facebook good luck
I

Oh dear
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL