The future of West Adelaide.

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Who says he will look for a job in Adelaide.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Armytank wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Yes. Let's look after the guy who stole a large amount of money and once caught tries to take the easy way out. Don't press charges either so he can do it again one day. Steal 100k and no criminal record. If he did it again somewhere else, the next victim should be able to sue the wafc.

Now that is just plain ignorance.

At no stage is suicide the easy way out and that opinion shows you know nothing about mental illness,

Ignorant to think all suicide attempts are for the same reason. This one has easy way out written all over it.

Is suicide on the rise? Wouldn't have anything to do with how soft parts of society have gotten.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby The Rooster » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Yes. Let's look after the guy who stole a large amount of money and once caught tries to take the easy way out. Don't press charges either so he can do it again one day. Steal 100k and no criminal record. If he did it again somewhere else, the next victim should be able to sue the wafc.

I'm sure any company hiring into similar positions would be doing due diligence. Also...Adelaide's a small place and business people would know.

My fear is that if it is indeed the person who I Suspect, they are involved with Junior football, Adelaide is a Small Place, true, But SANFL clubs are very good at closing ranks around incidents they don't want discussed, in Adelaide things like this blow over pretty quickly, I just think that the WAFC has a duty of care to their members and Affiliate junior Clubs to be up front and it may be in this persons best interest if he really does have a problem to be supported by the club and the public.
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:12 pm

The Rooster wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

I'm sure any company hiring into similar positions would be doing due diligence. Also...Adelaide's a small place and business people would know.

My fear is that if it is indeed the person who I Suspect, they are involved with Junior football, Adelaide is a Small Place, true, But SANFL clubs are very good at closing ranks around incidents they don't want discussed, in Adelaide things like this blow over pretty quickly, I just think that the WAFC has a duty of care to their members and Affiliate junior Clubs to be up front and it may be in this persons best interest if he really does have a problem to be supported by the club and the public.

I'm pretty sure the junior club he is involved with know about this, all lolly jars now have locks on them.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Doddy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:

Given no-one in this football community dare speak his name, what makes you think the business community would be willing to discuss it? Then with no public discussion, and no criminal record, due diligence may be difficult to execute. Sorry, conduct. Would need to be a smaller town than this for everyone to be forewarned.
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Armytank » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:43 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
Armytank wrote:

At no stage is suicide the easy way out and that opinion shows you know nothing about mental illness,

Ignorant to think all suicide attempts are for the same reason. This one has easy way out written all over it.

Is suicide on the rise? Wouldn't have anything to do with how soft parts of society have gotten.

what do you know about this situation that gives you the ability to claim that it was nothing but the easy way out?

Which parts of society have gone soft? The parts you have never had dealings with or been exposed to? Easy to comment from the outside isn't it?
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Dols » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Doddy wrote: Given no-one in this football community dare speak his name, what makes you think the business community would be willing to discuss it?

Just because no one mentions his name for legal reasons on the forums, doesn't mean people aren't discussing via PM, text, chatting at the bar. Plenty of people know the name, plenty of people are willing to share if asked privately. I would think business community networks would be aware and discussing it. I know that in my industry, a bad reputation moves very quickly. I'd imagine it's very similar in the business community. This is a high-profile case - people will know.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:14 pm

I'm not arguing for or against mentioning the name, or charging him.
I am arguing that it would be naive to believe his previous contre temps would not be discovered within the business community when the time comes for him to seek further employment.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:30 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I'm not arguing for or against mentioning the name, or charging him.
I am arguing that it would be naive to believe his previous contre temps would not be discovered within the business community when the time comes for him to seek further employment.

One would have to know what the f*** contre temps means to be aware of previous ones, however we have google....

From what I have heard, West were not aware of "his previous contre temps" when they employed him so it seems quite plausible that this could happen
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby RB » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:31 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Is suicide on the rise?

Don't think so. Is it?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 769 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I'm not arguing for or against mentioning the name, or charging him.

One would have to know what the f*** contre temps means to be aware of previous ones, however we have google....

From what I have heard, West were not aware of "his previous contre temps" when they employed him so it seems quite plausible that this could happen

You're right, it is plausible.
However, were they as high profile as this time?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Armytank wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:
Armytank wrote:

what do you know about this situation that gives you the ability to claim that it was nothing but the easy way out?

Which parts of society have gone soft? The parts you have never had dealings with or been exposed to? Easy to comment from the outside isn't it?

I know this bloke stole 100k.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Armytank » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:54 pm

I am not even going to bother....
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby RB » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:01 pm

Don't.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 769 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Postby topsywaldron » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:contre temps

Fancypants.

Chuck a hubristic in too for further points. :D
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:06 pm

We should be looking for the proximate cause, not the contre temps
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 1072 times