The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby LPH » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:13 pm

Magellan wrote:
cennals05 wrote:Well that is interesting. I was at the Adelaide Oval test match on the Saturday and overheard a group of guys say SANFL, so I joined the conversation (yes I'd had a few drinks), turned out I was talking to Adam Kelly. Firstly he was very surprised I knew who he was after someone said this guy runs the SANFL, and even more surprised that I liked the SANFL as much as I did. He told me that I would be very happy in few weeks when it would be announced that there would be a cap on players. He made it sound like it would be for the season. I said that was great but it should also be that if you don't qualify for the finals then you don't qualify. Looks like they had to bend over for the AFL sides once again.

The highlighted bit demonstrates yet another sad episode in the devolution of the SANFL - the guy who runs the comp thinks that no-one gives a shit about it anymore. Not only sad, but flat-out incorrect. Show how out of touch some people are.

Explains everything. Cennals, he can bullshit you til the cows come home (should that be 'crows come home'? ) because he doesn't have to answer to you, because people like you don't exist.

Kelly does have to answer to his 'superiors', though. He who pays the piper calls the tune. Does anyone know how 'Ship of Fools' goes?[/quote]

Save Me, Save Me from Tomorrow,
I don't want to sail with this Ship of Fools, Oh No - I wanna run & hide...
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby RB » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:20 pm

Magellan wrote:The highlighted bit demonstrates yet another sad episode in the devolution of the SANFL - the guy who runs the comp thinks that no-one gives a shit about it anymore.

Typical corporate hustler, no idea.

When I first saw that there was going to be a cap I assumed that it would be for the minor round, and that it would be ~15 players. Makes no difference to me either way but it's amusing how they picked the weakest possible option.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:28 pm

Ironically the cap in the finals will make them more competitive as they'll be able to play a more balanced team. What a joke, needed to be 14 all the time at the worst.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2022 times
Been liked: 3864 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Reddeer » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:54 pm

This NON decision is just thumbing the noses for the true supporters of the SANFL
Reeks of Olsen puppetry
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:58 am

Does anyone know what the SANFL clubs' position on the cap was before the review, and the reaction since it's release?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:56 am

Always going to favor the AFL teams, if you don't understand the current environment then you are not living in the new SANFL/AFL Puppets world!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Reddeer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:49 am

Now is the time for a breakaway competition, fair and level for our selves. Let the AFL f**k the rest up for their own corporate greed
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Postby Dogs72 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:00 am

Magellan wrote:Does anyone know what the SANFL clubs' position on the cap was before the review, and the reaction since it's release?

I think the clubs submitted 15 or 16 for the year. The SANFL never put this up to vote on, instead deciding on the 17 in finals. The SANFL were scared the Crows would follow through with their "threat" to leave the comp. the SANFL was too gutless to call their bluff. The SANFL is over with Kelly and Parkinson bending over to the afl.
Dogs72
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times

Postby Magellan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:12 am

Thanks Dogs. Again, it's hardly surprising.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Reddeer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:42 am

Our only hope now is that the two AFL teams get riddled with long term injuries in the season and have oodles of top up country players
Tough call but at least fair
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Postby Mic » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:37 pm

17 is only 1 less than an on-field playing side. Why even bother?
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby therisingblues » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:17 pm

Reddeer wrote:Our only hope now is that the two AFL teams get riddled with long term injuries in the season and have oodles of top up country players
Tough call but at least fair

Yes. Spot on.
Then watch the Affles cry about the poor sportsmanship when we celebrate their injuries. Even their own media people point to their potential injuries as a legitimate equalizer for their entry in the SANFL. Funny how they all spout that so flippantly, disregarding the wish of followers of any code who would much rather cheer their team's ability to score more goals than the other side than sit around and hope for injuries.
By their own words it is their expectation that our chances of beating them hinge on injuries to their own side. By their own words we should be cheering each stretcher job louder than goals.
NFI! Completely out of touch with anyone but themselves.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Pseudo » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:22 pm

Dogs72 wrote:
Magellan wrote:Does anyone know what the SANFL clubs' position on the cap was before the review, and the reaction since it's release?

I think the clubs submitted 15 or 16 for the year. The SANFL never put this up to vote on, instead deciding on the 17 in finals. The SANFL were scared the Crows would follow through with their "threat" to leave the comp. the SANFL was too gutless to call their bluff. The SANFL is over with Kelly and Parkinson bending over to the afl.

But the clowns can't leave the comp, they have a 15 year agreement!

Unless of course that agreement ain't worth the paper it's written on. Which it ain't. Now someone just has to convince the clubs of this...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:18 am

Mic wrote:17 is only 1 less than an on-field playing side.

Mic wrote:Why even bother?

The SANFL can't say they haven't turned their mind to the concerns raised by the clubs, and it can keep it's perceived real bosses happy. Pissing off the Crows and Power means the toys will be chucked out the SANFL cot faster than you can say 'four thousand per game'.

It represents a win-win outcome for SANFL middle management looking to keep their jobs and/or itching to get a better one with the AFL by scratching its soft, white, purulent underbelly.
Magellan
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:08 am

Magellan wrote:
Mic wrote:17 is only 1 less than an on-field playing side.

Mic wrote:Why even bother?

The SANFL can't say they haven't turned their mind to the concerns raised by the clubs, and it can keep it's perceived real bosses happy. Pissing off the Crows and Power means the toys will be chucked out the SANFL cot faster than you can say 'four thousand per game'.

It represents a win-win outcome for SANFL middle management looking to keep their jobs and/or itching to get a better one with the AFL by scratching its soft, white, purulent underbelly.

Agree perfect non decision by middle management.

Expect some large bonuses now
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby UK Fan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:23 pm

Bunch of pussies working in conjunction with the afl clubs on how to manipulate the SANFL clubs more.

Hey the clubs want restriction on how many players you get to play. so go to the press and threaten you'll go to the vfl we'll do the rest.

So if the crows enter the Vfl would they have home games or would they fly to Victoria everyweek.

And if they want home games ie vfl games played in South Australia for the first time wouldn't you need SANFL approval to sanction the games.

So that would mean the SANFL would have to sanction another state league playing games within SOuth Australia so it screw its own state league clubs for the afl clubs . ???

The fact you can't discount the above is a disgrace.
Last edited by UK Fan on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:41 pm

UK Fan wrote:Bunch of pussies working in conjunction with the afl clubs on how to manipulate the SANFL clubs more.

Hey the clubs want restriction on how many players you get to play. so go to the press and threaten you'll go to the vfl we'll do the rest.

So if the crows enter the Vfl would they have home games or would they fly to Victoria everyweek.

And if they want home games ie vfl games played in South Australia for the first time wouldn't you need SANFL approval to sanction the games.

So is the SANFL willing to sanction another state league playing games in SOuth Australia to screw its own state league. ???

Why would they need SANFL approval, it would be 2 sides not affiliated or playing in the SANFL comp?
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:59 pm

Executive Member wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Bunch of pussies working in conjunction with the afl clubs on how to manipulate the SANFL clubs more.

So is the SANFL willing to sanction another state league playing games in SOuth Australia to screw its own state league. ???

Why would they need SANFL approval, it would be 2 sides not affiliated or playing in the SANFL comp?

If the vfl wants to start playing vfl games WITHIN this state they would need the approval from South Australia's football governing body (SANFL) to do so.

Simply no state league can start playing games within SA without SAnFL approval. And vice versa we couldn't play a SANFL game in Victoria without Vic footballs approval.

Wouldn't the 2 SA teams be withdrawing from the SANFL comp and wouldn't the SANFL have a duty of care to make sure the vfl move is beneficial to all effected parties from the withdrawal.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby RB » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:53 pm

UK Fan wrote:If the vfl wants to start playing vfl games WITHIN this state they would need the approval from South Australia's football governing body (SANFL) to do so.

Where are you getting this from, UKF?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:57 pm

RB wrote:
UK Fan wrote:If the vfl wants to start playing vfl games WITHIN this state they would need the approval from South Australia's football governing body (SANFL) to do so.

Where are you getting this from, UKF?

If the crows enter the Vfl would they have home games or would they fly to Victoria everyweek ???

So that would mean the SANFL would have to sanction another state league playing games within SOuth Australia so it screw its own state league clubs for the afl clubs . ???

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL