The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:59 pm

morell wrote:If they didn't in any way dominate, I couldn't care less. Mate, I am from Mitchell Park, we compete against clubs with bigger budgets than us every year. Budget disparity happens in every division in the SAAFL.

If the AFL teams had steamrolled the comp ya'll would have a point. But, alas, they haven't, so you don't.

If you wanted to go down the "competition integrity" line, then again, AFL players have played major parts in Central and Norwood flags over the years, so really, the SANFL has been compromised for donkeys years.

Differance is that the SAAFL doesnt have a cap yet. Clubs choose if they want to spend more or not, there is nothing currently stopping your club competing financially if you had the funds available. The SANFL clubs cant spend any more even if they had the funds to do so.
Its only been two years but give it a few years and there is no reason why they wont dominate it all comes down to injuries in their AFL side as we saw with the Crows. The league was just fortunate they were crippled by injuries earlier in the season
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:59 pm

UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote:If they didn't in any way dominate, I couldn't care less. Mate, I am from Mitchell Park, we compete against clubs with bigger budgets than us every year. Budget disparity happens in every division in the SAAFL.

If the AFL teams had steamrolled the comp ya'll would have a point. But, alas, they haven't, so you don't.

If you wanted to go down the "competition integrity" line, then again, AFL players have played major parts in Central and Norwood flags over the years, so really, the SANFL has been compromised for donkeys years.

Just to clarify your comments.

Im a Port fan.
Port want this.
Im a sheep and cant think for myself
So I support what PAFC does.

Heres a 3 second puss weak justification to support my clubs stance.

Appreciate your input Booney II.

Do the rest of SA football a favor and make like Tony Abbott.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:00 pm

morell wrote:Who developed and honed their skills to become more than ordinary SANFL players?

How can you on one hand claim the SANFL is compromised because two teams that haven't at all set the world on fire are part of it - but then claim the MULTIPLE FLAGS won by teams that had a large proportion of AFL trained players contribute to them - including AFL players that have had nothing to do with those clubs as juniors - is not "compromised".

If anything, I would have thought staunch SANFL fans would prefer the comprised teams to be limited to two, rather than every team. On GF day this season you know its going to be 100% SANFL club Vs 100% SANFL club. Much better IMO.

Having none of the AFL players in there would be even better though
Jim05
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:00 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Differance is that the SAAFL doesnt have a cap yet. Clubs choose if they want to spend more or not, there is nothing currently stopping your club competing financially if you had the funds available. The SANFL clubs cant spend any more even if they had the funds to do so.
Its only been two years but give it a few years and there is no reason why they wont dominate it all comes down to injuries in their AFL side as we saw with the Crows. The league was just fortunate they were crippled by injuries earlier in the season

Who cares!! Has the extra money provided an on field advantage?? NO!

That "cap" money is used to develop players so that they can fit back into the AFL system better, not to win SANFL flags.
morell
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:03 pm

morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

That "cap" money is used to develop players so that they can fit back into the AFL system better, not to win SANFL flags.

The figures are there to show that when the sides have 14+ AFL players they are close to unbeatable. So its a definate advantage. At the moment we have to hope for injuries to the AFL sides so that we can compete
Jim05
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:03 pm

Jim05 wrote:
morell wrote:Who developed and honed their skills to become more than ordinary SANFL players?

How can you on one hand claim the SANFL is compromised because two teams that haven't at all set the world on fire are part of it - but then claim the MULTIPLE FLAGS won by teams that had a large proportion of AFL trained players contribute to them - including AFL players that have had nothing to do with those clubs as juniors - is not "compromised".

If anything, I would have thought staunch SANFL fans would prefer the comprised teams to be limited to two, rather than every team. On GF day this season you know its going to be 100% SANFL club Vs 100% SANFL club. Much better IMO.

Sure, I agree. That's the best case scenario IMO.

Most Port fans don't want to have anything to do with the SANFL and are imagining ways to leave it.
morell
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:07 pm

morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Most Port fans don't want to have anything to do with the SANFL and are imagining ways to leave it.

Great send them to the ammos then, you can deal with them.
Win/win ;)
Jim05
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:08 pm

Jim05 wrote:
morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

The figures are there to show that when the sides have 14+ AFL players they are close to unbeatable. So its a definate advantage. At the moment we have to hope for injuries to the AFL sides so that we can compete
So your problem is an occasional hypothetical that maybe might happen one day. Just in case.

So lets **** the model up that we all agreed to because just in case maybe if whoa one day the unlikely event that the Port AFL Reserves team might snag a flag instead of Club X wining their 12th in a row. And that's unfair because they have more money to spend. Even though that extra money isn't really spent on trying to win said flags and is instead spent on paying a minimum AFL wage to develop skinny 18 year old kids from Victoria.

I totally see why this is a big deal now. :shock:
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Jim05 wrote:
morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Win/win ;)
Not out of the question I wouldn't have thought.

And then watch this thread when all the same numpties cry a river about Port leaving the SANFL and abandoning SA Footy and leaving the comp in ruins.
Last edited by morell on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:09 pm

morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Don't let the door hit your aish on the way out.

Thanks for your useless contribution of we cant kick the AFL clubs out until they at least win a flag.

BTW Port Adelaides best on field results in the last 15 years was last year.

Could be something in that for ya brain box.

I Couldnt care if Port and crows finished bottom every year of the comp for the next 10 years.

Their inclusion in the league has decreased not improved our league.

So do us a favor make a profit and bugger ye orf !!!
Last edited by UK Fan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:14 pm

morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="morell"]Who developed and honed their skills to become more than ordinary SANFL players?

Win/win ;)

And then watch this thread when all the same numpties cry a river about Port leaving the SANFL and abandoning SA Footy and leaving the comp in ruins.[/quote]
Not at all, the majority of SANFL fans wanted Port to leave the SANFL when they entered the AFL. Another brilliant decision by the SANFL.
I think it would be more the ammo numpties cry a river when they win every week by 30 goals :D
Jim05
Coach

Postby Dols » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:16 pm

UK Fan wrote:DOnt forget to get the SANFL annual licence fee properly valued by independent interstate valuers.

WAFL getting $400K, VFL clubs can earn over $1 mill for 3-4 year affiliations with AFL Clubs.

We get $50K.

YOu want to hurt these pricks.

Go for their hip pockets.

They say they we cant afford it well.... bugger ye orf cos thats the value.

Not hard.

You are getting plenty from the sale of football park which port gave up their 11% stake in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:18 pm

UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Thanks for your useless contribution of we cant kick the AFL clubs out until they at least win a flag.

Could be something in that for ya brainbox.
And yet a 100% SANFL side still won the flag, How were Port's on fields results this year? How have Adelaide gone in both years?

It was fine when Centrals were winning flags with Jack Gunstan on the half forward flank though right?

Your arguments are half true hypotheticals that don't stand up to logic.
Last edited by morell on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
morell
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:19 pm

Jim05 wrote:
morell wrote:Sure, I agree. That's the best case scenario IMO.

Win/win ;)

And then watch this thread when all the same numpties cry a river about Port leaving the SANFL and abandoning SA Footy and leaving the comp in ruins.[/quote]
Not at all, the majority of SANFL fans wanted Port to leave the SANFL when they entered the AFL. Another brilliant decision by the SANFL.
I think it would be more the ammo numpties cry a river when they win every week by 30 goals :D[/quote]

Lets hope so. They would be the laughing stock of the AFL yet again.

Best of luck getting insurance playing in ammos Mr professional sportsman when 16 of the other 18 professional clubs wouldnt even entertain such a notion.

Cool story bro.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:
morell wrote:And then watch this thread when all the same numpties cry a river about Port leaving the SANFL and abandoning SA Footy and leaving the comp in ruins.

I think it would be more the ammo numpties cry a river when they win every week by 30 goals :D
It would depend on the structure, but I reckon it could work, and perhaps work better than upsetting all you hypersensitive ninnies.
morell
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:26 pm

morell wrote:Not out of the question I wouldn't have thought.

And then watch this thread when all the same numpties cry a river about Port leaving the SANFL and abandoning SA Footy and leaving the comp in ruins.

i for one will rejoice when the power are not longer a part of the sanfl.

for the record, while your argument is that the competition has been compromised for years is indeed true, that is no reason to compromise it further now. why make a bad situation worse??

and if the power do indeed leave the sanfl at some point in the future (hopefully sooner rather than later) the only reason the competition would be in ruins, is because of their (and adelaides) inclusion to begin with. just need to get rid of the reserves sides before the damage is irreversable and we can all be happy
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:28 pm

But with the old system there was an element of evenness across the board, those players were drafted to the SANFL clubs much like the AFL draft. Each club had their oppurtunity

At the moment the comp is an absolute raffle and you have two sides who results 100% revolve around how many AFL listed players are available.

How would you feel if Goodwood Saints B Grade were placed in Div6 with your mob next season, you don't think MP would be slightly dissapointed.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5595 times
Been liked: 2533 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby UK Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:31 pm

morell wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote: Sure, I agree. That's the best case scenario IMO.

Could be something in that for ya brainbox.
And yet a 100% SANFL side still won the flag, How were Port's on fields results this year? How have Adelaide gone in both years?

It was fine when Centrals were wining flags with Jack Gunstan on the half forward flank though right?

Your arguments are half true hypotheticals that don't stand yup to logic.

100% correct.

As we beat teams who also had AFL players etc....Simon Phillips so it kind of evened out.

Port Adelaide had Sam Colquhoun a Centrals junior playing against centrals on the weekend in a knock out final.

Integrity????

Please give me another of your world stopping arguments so i can waste another 10 seconds refuting it useless.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:31 pm

tipper wrote:
morell wrote:Not out of the question I wouldn't have thought.

i for one will rejoice when the power are not longer a part of the sanfl.

for the record, while your argument is that the competition has been compromised for years is indeed true, that is no reason to compromise it further now. why make a bad situation worse??
Again. Explain how it is worse?

You've gone from having 10/10 clubs being comprised and every flag being won by at least a couple of AFL players.

To 2/10 clubs being compromised and every flag being won by 0 AFL Players.

How is it MORE compromised?

tipper wrote:and if the power do indeed leave the sanfl at some point in the future (hopefully sooner rather than later) the only reason the competition would be in ruins, is because of their (and adelaides) inclusion to begin with. just need to get rid of the reserves sides before the damage is irreversable and we can all be happy
Sureeeee...

If the AFL clubs leave the SANFL, then the SANFL have nothing left to keep their finger in the proverbial AFL/SMA Adelaide Oval big gloppy delicious well attended money making pie.

Good luck running the SANFL after that happens. ;)
morell
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:34 pm

morell wrote:That "cap" money is used to develop players so that they can fit back into the AFL system better, not to win SANFL flags.

Then put them in a proper reserves competition that does just that.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL