I guess my point is:

Who is on the MRP?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: SANFL Tribunal News & Discussions

Postby whybother » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:33 pm

I think that we have passed the time when there can be "suspicions" that the MRP/Tribunal is stacked/biased against any particular team. There is video for all to see.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Eagles Nest » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Always respected Hoskin as a player but this is pure thuggery and 3 weeks does not cut muster in my book.
Eagles Nest
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Doddy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:34 pm

Spargo wrote:
arcadefire wrote:How does the thug sniper only get three games for that...disgrace

Agreed, absolute shit act. He’s already been suspended this year as mentioned, should’ve had the book thrown at him.
SANFL MRP real weak here.

I think his prior report was more of a "footballing incident", ie. a tackle that was later deemed dangerous. Maybe they don't stack the penalty if it's not the same sort of thing?

It's going to be hard to argue the high contact/high impact if the kid has a jaw injury. Could argue around intent, but that's going to be marginally less spurious than the vote rigging cases of the US election. Maybe he thinks they have stacked the penalty for priors and wants to argue against that?

Also, I reckon "thug sniper" is a bit strong mate, it was over the top but it was in play.
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:05 pm

Doddy wrote:
Spargo wrote:
arcadefire wrote:How does the thug sniper only get three games for that...disgrace

Agreed, absolute shit act. He’s already been suspended this year as mentioned, should’ve had the book thrown at him.

I think his prior report was more of a "footballing incident", ie. a tackle that was later deemed dangerous. Maybe they don't stack the penalty if it's not the same sort of thing?

It's going to be hard to argue the high contact/high impact if the kid has a jaw injury. Could argue around intent, but that's going to be marginally less spurious than the vote rigging cases of the US election. Maybe he thinks they have stacked the penalty for priors and wants to argue against that?

Also, I reckon "thug sniper" is a bit strong mate, it was over the top but it was in play.

Agree with nearly all of that except for the past sentence.

Was in play marginally, over the next five years I think we will bumping off the ball rules change and not consider that in play. For mine though it was not a football act at any level which makes it thuggish.

When were you ever loud a swinging arm at a player who doesn’t have the ball, tuck in the elbow and hip and should yes but a straight out swinging arm is not part of football unless your attempting a tackle or a spoil.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Doddy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:59 am

whufc wrote:
Doddy wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Agree with nearly all of that except for the past sentence.

Was in play marginally, over the next five years I think we will bumping off the ball rules change and not consider that in play. For mine though it was not a football act at any level which makes it thuggish.

When were you ever loud a swinging arm at a player who doesn’t have the ball, tuck in the elbow and hip and should yes but a straight out swinging arm is not part of football unless your attempting a tackle or a spoil.

I share the sentiiment that the swinging arm is out of order, I said it was over the top, but I stand by the in-play comment. If a shepherd is in-play, then the player being sheperded is in-play too.
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Re: SANFL MRP News & Discussions

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:42 am

Would love to be a fly on the wall to see how Centrals approach Hoskins appeal. From the outside I think its a ridiculous gamble, only two conclussions I can come to is.

1. They are going to challenge the height, the footage isn't overly clear so maybe they are arguing contact was with the shoulder, chest, neck. Risky move given any evidence from a medical professional to suggest the Eagles player has an injured jaw shoots the whole appeal down.

2. Clutching at straws massively, when you really slow down the footage at the absolute last second the Eagle player goes from a bumping action to what you might describe as a slightly untucked shoulder (definitely not a raised elbow) and that maybe the hit was some form of preservation but that is a massive step.

I'm not sure they could possibly argue the hit wasn't intentional given the swinging arm, they would have no chance of trying to down grade the force giving he used a swinging arm.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby northerner » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:56 pm

Well part of the case against Hoskin looks better than it did with the player who was involved being able to play this weekend. No concussion or jaw injury.

I don't believe this was Hoskos finest moment but it's not the dog act or sniper action as some claim. It wasn't premeditated. It was a spur of the moment when he saw someone coming at him from side on. The argument could be that on the back of an earlier incident he felt vulnerable.
Swinging arm... not a good look. But not malicious intent... 2 weeks would probably be more appropriate.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Spargo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:03 pm

northerner wrote:Well part of the case against Hoskin looks better than it did with the player who was involved being able to play this weekend. No concussion or jaw injury.

I don't believe this was Hoskos finest moment but it's not the dog act or sniper action as some claim. It wasn't premeditated. It was a spur of the moment when he saw someone coming at him from side on. The argument could be that on the back of an earlier incident he felt vulnerable.
Swinging arm... not a good look. But not malicious intent... 2 weeks would probably be more appropriate.

Umm, noooo.
He deserves 4+
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:28 pm

northerner wrote:Well part of the case against Hoskin looks better than it did with the player who was involved being able to play this weekend. No concussion or jaw injury.

New leader for Comedy post of the year :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby UK Fan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:19 pm

I wouldn’t be challenging 3 games tbh
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Brucetiki » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:55 pm

Hoskin’s suspension downgraded to 2 weeks.

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/round- ... w-panel-2/
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby northerner » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:58 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

New leader for Comedy post of the year :D

Thanks for your hilariously ironic response. D'oh.
MRP have downgraded the suspension to 2 weeks.

Gold. Thank you.
Last edited by northerner on Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:06 pm

Brucetiki wrote:Hoskin’s suspension downgraded to 2 weeks.

What a f#cking joke.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby goddy11 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:09 pm

The impact was downgrade from high impact to medium. No long term injury to Williams i suppose. They must want a player out injured to get full penalty. I wonder what the AFL would have thought on this verdict.

The interesting one was Fraser Fort. He received a fine and reprimand with early guilty plea however he fronted up on another charge and received the same penalty. One would think if her had a reprimand on 1st charge he should not get a plea deal on the second.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:05 am

Excellent, back in time for the finals.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:12 am

That's a shocking incident that deserved 5 weeks. What a joke.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby saintal » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:36 am

3-4 felt about right, 2 is very light on.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby whybother » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:06 am

I think that the process is the wrong way around. First should be intent, then an additional penalty based on injury to opponent. Off the play and behind the play are clearly intentional, and deserve a fixed penalty. Maybe the additional penalty is based on the amount of time the opponent is out of the game: sort of an eye-for-an-eye type of thing. This type of play should be minimised before it happens in an attempt to eradicate it, and not merely punished after it happens.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby JK » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:07 am

Looked a bit similar to one that Bryce Campbell put on Luke McCabe many years ago (although I think LM took a nap as a result, so probably worse). Staggering that in this day and age that only get's two weeks, but you take the wins where ya can I guess.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL