R3 Centrals v Glenelg Saturday 2.10PM

All discussions to do with the SANFL

R3 Centrals v Glenelg Saturday 2.10PM

Postby DOC » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:56 am

Centrals had a good first half over Port and after a half time talk from Groucho that centered on their guernseys were unable to register a score off their own boot. Perhaps a record in recent times?

Glenelg accounted for the Eagles and were comfortable winners. Glenelg have a strong all round team and came out of last week with no new injuries.

Glenelg won this match last year by 5 goals but I can not see a repeat of that result. One thing that Paul Thomas will have brought to Centrals is a team first mentality and the ability and desire to put last weeks second half where it belongs. In the bin.

I think Centrals will make a change or two to reward form players from the reserves and play the football that got them up against North. Glenelg will possibly be unchanged.

Centrals by a goal.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: R3 Centrals v Glenelg Saturday 2.10PM

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:44 pm

Have played 6/8 really good quarters.

The positive me hopes the first 6 quarters we have played were the standard and the second half against Port was more a case of a bunch of young lads patting each other on the head too soon. Hopefully they have learnt that lesson that you cant just flick an on/off switch at league level.

The pessimist in me says maybe we are once again going to be that side that at their best is great and at our worst is bloody awful. That would be a disaster for us if that is how our season pans out and would scream of a squad this overridingly not mentally strong enough to play league football.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Thommo make a couple of changes this week that allow him to be more flexible. I felt he didn't have many options once things went pear shaped to swap players around or find other avenues to goal. Wouldn't be surprised to see another big come into the team allowing him to use Fort down back initially but pinch hit in other positions if necessary.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Spargo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:28 pm

Note the time change. Was originally a 3:05 start, now 2:10.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby southernbulldog » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:26 pm

WHUFC i like your thinking only problem is do we have a big player to bring in .Jamie Coff is at Salisbury North,Connor McLean isnt playing & Dallas Hill is injured, height wise dont know if we have to many options left.
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:27 pm

southernbulldog wrote:WHUFC i like your thinking only problem is do we have a big player to bring in .Jamie Coff is at Salisbury North,Connor McLean isnt playing & Dallas Hill is injured, height wise dont know if we have to many options left.

Yeah agree there may not be an option which could be a problem all year.

Maybe Graham is the one that can swing back so Fort can be used elsewhere when needed.
whufc
Coach

Postby stampy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:22 pm

the most potent forward line in the league will get the tigers over the line
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Mr Fuller » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:12 pm

southernbulldog wrote:WHUFC i like your thinking only problem is do we have a big player to bring in .Jamie Coff is at Salisbury North,Connor McLean isnt playing & Dallas Hill is injured, height wise dont know if we have to many options left.

Why is Coff at Salisbury North? I thought he left the Eagles to play with Centrals? He had second thoughts?
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:57 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:

Why is Coff at Salisbury North? I thought he left the Eagles to play with Centrals? He had second thoughts?

Apparently, currently being managed whilst he recovers from injury.
We will definitely need more height to counter the Bays' talls this week. Maybe Templeton or Jakob Thompson?
With both our reserves and league coughing up 4 goal leads in the second half last week, hoping we have had a lighter week on the track and have the energy to run the games out this week a bit better.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby southernbulldog » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:38 pm

I wouldve thought managed meant that he wouldnt be playing .If he gets injured playing at Salisbury North it defeats the purpose
southernbulldog
Reserves

Postby Spargo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:56 pm

southernbulldog wrote:I wouldve thought managed meant that he wouldnt be playing .If he gets injured playing at Salisbury North it defeats the purpose

And how many minutes & what position is he playing at Salisbury North, and are they going to do what’s best by them or Centrals?
Why wouldn’t he be “managed” by the club in the CDFC reserves where club officials can make the calls on the day?
Doesn’t make any sense.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Pseudo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:58 pm

DOC wrote:Glenelg won this match last year by 5 goals but I can not see a repeat of that result.

Bays should have won that by 10 goals. Glenelg always struggles at Elizabeth. Will pick the Bays but think it will be closer than 5 goals.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:10 pm

southernbulldog wrote:I wouldve thought managed meant that he wouldnt be playing .If he gets injured playing at Salisbury North it defeats the purpose

I can only go on what Gazza posted in the past week.
Btw, our U16s went so close to their first win tonight, coming back from 20 points down with five minutes to go to just go down by 2. Well done to Glenelg on the win but also well done to our young boys on the great effort.
Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby StrayDog » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:04 am

bulldogproud wrote:

I can only go on what Gazza posted in the past week.
Btw, our U16s went so close to their first win tonight, coming back from 20 points down with five minutes to go to just go down by 2. Well done to Glenelg on the win but also well done to our young boys on the great effort.
Cheers

Sounds like a bit of 'cede nullis' from the youngsters there bp. Here's to more of it on Saturday from the more senior grades. :)
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby northerner » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:05 am

Hill played reserves last week but is a long way off being a league selection.
McLean might well be back in reserves this weekend.
Coff is stepping away to get himself mentally prepared for SANFL.

I would think Gillard and Barreau are certainties to return after wedding and work commitments. They definitely add to the flexibility of the lineup.
I would like to see Ben Kelly added as he is that extra strong tall defender that we desperately need.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:21 am

northerner wrote:

Hill played reserves last week but is a long way off being a league selection.
McLean might well be back in reserves this weekend.
Coff is stepping away to get himself mentally prepared for SANFL.

I would think Gillard and Barreau are certainties to return after wedding and work commitments. They definitely add to the flexibility of the lineup.
I would like to see Ben Kelly added as he is that extra strong tall defender that we desperately need.

The club has to be disappointed with this, you would have thought the club would have done everything possible to identify if he was both physically and mentally ready to be a part of the 2021 team.

Did we have to pay a transfer fee to get him across?

If nothing else wasted energy which potentially has caused us to miss out on a better option.
whufc
Coach

Postby southernbulldog » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:40 pm

Looking at the 2 sides we are going to have to play very well and Glenelg have an off day for us to win.They have an outstanding side with a stack of talent . Hopefully we can have a real crack like we did against North.
southernbulldog
Reserves

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:06 am

CENTRAL

A mature-age debutant could be selected for Central against Glenelg at X Convenience Oval on Saturday.

Billy Iles (26, 178cm and 77kg) is one of four inclusions to the Bulldogs’ 24-man squad, along with Marcus Barreau, Nick Gillard and potential debutant Rhys Cannizzaro.

From Nuriootpa FC, Cannizzaro (19, 188cm and 90kg) has been recruited from Central’s local zone.

Ben Nason and Brett Kennedy were sent back to the Reserves.

League

F: Grace, Graham, Gillard

HF: East, Olsson, Hoskin

C: Dew, J. Kelly, Barreau

HB: Morton, Montgomerie, Presbury

B: Weaver, Fort, M. Neagle

R: Marsh, J. Schiller, T. Schiller

INT: Cannizzaro, Grant, Habel, Iles, O’Brien, D. Pisani

IN: Barreau, Cannizzaro, Gillard, Iles

OUT: Kennedy, Nason

NEW: Billy Iles (Keilor)

Reserves
Lellman, Nason, Sutton, Carpenter, Templeton, Tidswell, J. Neagle, Richard, Shaw, Cowham, Lange, Mclean, Hill, Patterson, Price, Dahms, Di Stefano, Thomson, Grubb, Haydon, Ryan, Rigney, Kennedy

Under-18
Dudley, Kolhagen, Hahn, Wilson, Poulton, Ratcliff, Haynes, Clements, Reed, S. Linke, Penrose, Pyman, Kalleske, Mondello, Nelson, Carreno, Jones, T. Linke, Whitelum, Evans, Kalleske, Borlace, McDonald, Akur, Gilchrist, Tuck

GLENELG

Glenelg coach Brett Hand will be tempted to take an unchanged line-up into the clash with Central at X Convenience Oval.

Coming off two wins to start the season, the Tigers have added three players to their extended squad of 25.

Uncapped trio Brady Searle (Plympton), Brodie Newman (Wanderers) and Will Chandler (Corowa) have all had their strong Reserves form recognised with being named on the interchange.

Searle (19, 188cm and 88kg) is a versatile midfielder, Newman (20, 193cm and 88kg) a rebounding defender and Chandler (19, 183cm and 74kg) a crumbing half-forward.

League

F: Motlop, McBean, Hosie

HF: Reynolds, Pink, Bailey

C: Martini, B. Turner, Kuller

HB: Bradley, Durdin, Virgin

B: Park, Proud, Curran

R: Hannath, Snook, Allen

INT: Kluske, Partington, Chandler, Wisdom, Newman, Horsnell, Searle

IN: Searle, Newman, Chandler

NEW: Brady Searle (Plympton), Brodie Newman (Calder Cannons/Wanderers), Will Chandler (Corowa/Murray Bushrangers)

Reserves
Crompton, Cole, Condon, Dowling, Edwards, G. Turner, Holder, Kitschke, Landt, McDonnell, Minchin, Moore, Murphy, Robins, Schott, Weir, Wanganeen, Yates, Uebergang, McCarthy

Under-18
Viska, Tunkin, Window, Lovelock, Stagg, Nicotra, Durant, Scannell, Owens, Edwards, Trevena, McInnes, Brougham, Murdock, Burtt, Rayson, Beecken, Wiseman, Harding, McGary, Watts, Adams, Dewhirst, Kaeslar, Porter
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:07 am

Great to see Connor named in the Ressies. Welcome back, son!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby northerner » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:22 pm

bulldogproud wrote:Great to see Connor named in the Ressies. Welcome back, son!

And Nick Lange and Jaxon Neagle make their first appearances for the season, after both over-coming foot issues.

All three players have league experience and all add a bit more height around the ground.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:33 pm

northerner wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:Great to see Connor named in the Ressies. Welcome back, son!

And Nick Lange and Jaxon Neagle make their first appearances for the season, after both over-coming foot issues.

All three players have league experience and all add a bit more height around the ground.

Some really good positive news... hopefully enough to put a smile on Groucho's dial!
Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL