R13 South v Eagles Saturday 1335

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R13 South v Eagles Saturday 1335

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:55 pm

Spargo wrote:
ferret wrote:
am Bays wrote:
ferret wrote:The Eagles weren't at their best on Saturday but their tenacity, perseverance and the ability to string together several excellent passages of play and compete for 120 minutes gave them a well deserved win. South's unwillingness to take on the game was costly, one goal in the second half was just not good enough. I thought the Eagles' backlines were tremendous. Under the slippery conditions Stengle's and Dan Menzel's goal kicking achievements were outstanding. Good to see "Big Red" getting fitter and being more involved. Special mention to Kobe Mutch, after struggling with a bad shoulder injury for a lot of the season he played his best game for the club in a different role.

It's been a messy season for the Eagles losing so many to the draft, interstate work and also trying to integrate new recruits and juniors in to the team.

Currently the Eagles have the best percentage and have the second best attack and the second best defence this is reflected in their ladder position

To date the Eagles have played 34 players in their twelve matches. Only four players have played every match of the season. The Eagles average only 12 players a week of their 2020 premiership 22. The team has included thirteen players new to the team this year. Significant injuries to Kobe Mutch, Clay Cameron, Troy Menzel, Jarrad Redden, Jordan West, Rory Lehmann and Matty Goldsworthy haven't helped the team get a feeling for each other and to gel smoothly each week. Throw in Stengle missing matches for a carry over suspension and a future champ in Cooper Sharman being kidnapped by the mid-season draft the efforts of the coaching staff must be recognised as outstanding by Eagle supporters. The Eagles continue to be a force.

F***

The rest of us are all playing for 2nd. Thank goodness the Eagles had all those injuries can’t fathom how we’ve even got close to them.

I’m off to organise some garden renovations in September

What a lot of shit you post.

I merely pointed out what a good job the coaching staff have done under trying circumstances. Never mentioned that the Eagles should be top or would win the premiership, but we know how precious you mob of insolvents are.

Insolvents :lol:
All’s we’re missing now is a gay reference or COVID breach post from that other rocket scientist who follows the hybrids…

I find it interesting that Glenelg fans are so interested or intense about the eagles . And enjoy running down the Eagles and their fans I guess it’s par for the course .
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby blueandwhite » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:31 pm

No reports from the game....???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby whybother » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:07 pm

If Angus Poole couldn't even get a free from a head high charge, then I wouldn't expect any reports. The MRP has been busy in another game, wielding the limp lettuce to great effect.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby stampy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:41 pm

@MJP 1993 i couldnt give a daffy duck about the eagles until probs the 2nd semi
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby stampy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:43 pm

stampy wrote:@MJP 1993 i couldnt give a daffy duck about the eagles until probs the 2nd semi

or your 200 fans
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:19 pm

stampy wrote:@MJP 1993 i couldnt give a daffy duck about the eagles until probs the 2nd semi

Then why so much rubbish on this post by Glenelg fans over the Eagles in this game against south
It must bother some Glenelg fans for some reason
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:20 pm

stampy wrote:

or your 200 fans

Funny the 200 fans out yelled the thousands of north fans in last years grand final
Go figure Stampy 200 voices drowning out thousands of north fans
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:22 pm

whybother wrote:If Angus Poole couldn't even get a free from a head high charge, then I wouldn't expect any reports. The MRP has been busy in another game, wielding the limp lettuce to great effect.

Very true why bother
And to highlight the umpires shortly after the same thing happens to a south player umpire says free kick south
Happens to Poole and it’s play on
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby saintal » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:57 am

Been a trend in recent years that South hit a slump during the middle to latter part of the season before ending the minor round in reasonable form.

Had a look back at Rounds 10-15 (didn’t bother with 2020 as the season didn’t start til June)

2021- 0 wins and 3 losses
2019- 2 and 4
2018- 3 and 3
2017- 1 and 5

So 6 wins from 21 starts. For a team that has spent the majority of that period in the top 5 it’s a poor record.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby southee » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:32 am

MJP1993 wrote:
whybother wrote:If Angus Poole couldn't even get a free from a head high charge, then I wouldn't expect any reports. The MRP has been busy in another game, wielding the limp lettuce to great effect.

Very true why bother
And to highlight the umpires shortly after the same thing happens to a south player umpire says free kick south

Joel Cross says hello ….
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby stampy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:24 pm

MJP1993 wrote:

Very true why bother

what??? you mob screaming for frees??!!]YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby MJP1993 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:47 pm

stampy wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

Very true why bother

what??? you mob screaming for frees??!!]YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING

Once again a Glenelg fan screaming about an Eagles game that Glenelg weren’t playing in .
Must be a slow footy day lmao
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby MJP1993 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:49 pm

southee wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

Very true why bother

Joel Cross says hello ….

The vision on Poole looked like he was being raped by a south player play on from the umpire .
Doesn’t matter Eagles won the game made up for the loss at Woodville to south
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby whybother » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:35 pm

"Joel Cross says hello …"

I'm sure Angus has a good memory.

And for the previous poster about screaming for free kicks, some frees just have to be paid: like front on, head high bumps.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby stampy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:47 pm

whybother wrote:"Joel Cross says hello …"

I'm sure Angus has a good memory.

And for the previous poster about screaming for free kicks, some frees just have to be paid: like front on, head high bumps.

and the magots pay ones that arent there ala the supposed throw by mcbean 9 days ago against the umpires darllings
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby ferret » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:25 pm

am Bays wrote:
ferret wrote:The Eagles weren't at their best on Saturday but their tenacity, perseverance and the ability to string together several excellent passages of play and compete for 120 minutes gave them a well deserved win. South's unwillingness to take on the game was costly, one goal in the second half was just not good enough. I thought the Eagles' backlines were tremendous. Under the slippery conditions Stengle's and Dan Menzel's goal kicking achievements were outstanding. Good to see "Big Red" getting fitter and being more involved. Special mention to Kobe Mutch, after struggling with a bad shoulder injury for a lot of the season he played his best game for the club in a different role.

It's been a messy season for the Eagles losing so many to the draft, interstate work and also trying to integrate new recruits and juniors in to the team.

Currently the Eagles have the best percentage and have the second best attack and the second best defence this is reflected in their ladder position

To date the Eagles have played 34 players in their twelve matches. Only four players have played every match of the season. The Eagles average only 12 players a week of their 2020 premiership 22. The team has included thirteen players new to the team this year. Significant injuries to Kobe Mutch, Clay Cameron, Troy Menzel, Jarrad Redden, Jordan West, Rory Lehmann and Matty Goldsworthy haven't helped the team get a feeling for each other and to gel smoothly each week. Throw in Stengle missing matches for a carry over suspension and a future champ in Cooper Sharman being kidnapped by the mid-season draft the efforts of the coaching staff must be recognised as outstanding by Eagle supporters. The Eagles continue to be a force.

F***

The rest of us are all playing for 2nd. Thank goodness the Eagles had all those injuries can’t fathom how we’ve even got close to them.

You were right, the rest were playing for 2nd. You would have got a great head start with your tomatoes.
Overall, in the end you were very generous with your praise of the Eagles.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby spell_check » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:33 pm

ferret wrote:
am Bays wrote:

F***

You were right, the rest were playing for 2nd. You would have got a great head start with your tomatoes.

Something to add on to your earlier comment, regarding the GF combatants:

Players used:
Eagles & Glenelg: 35

Players to play every match:
Glenelg: 12 - Allen. Bailey, Bradley, Hannath, Martini, McBean, Motlop, Pink, Proud, Reynolds, Snook, Turner
Eagles: 2 - Sinor, Tsitas

If only I had every year to work this out, but I don't recall seeing that many players from one side play every match of the season. Maybe in the 1900s-1910s when only 12 rounds were played (perhaps Port in 1914), but that would be it. Even when Glenelg only used 25 players in 1973, only 7 played every game.
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby ferret » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:51 am

spell_check wrote:
ferret wrote:
am Bays wrote:

F***

Something to add on to your earlier comment, regarding the GF combatants:

Players used:
Eagles & Glenelg: 35

Players to play every match:
Glenelg: 12 - Allen. Bailey, Bradley, Hannath, Martini, McBean, Motlop, Pink, Proud, Reynolds, Snook, Turner
Eagles: 2 - Sinor, Tsitas

If only I had every year to work this out, but I don't recall seeing that many players from one side play every match of the season. Maybe in the 1900s-1910s when only 12 rounds were played (perhaps Port in 1914), but that would be it. Even when Glenelg only used 25 players in 1973, only 7 played every game.

Thanks "Spelly" didn't won't to go down that track again and take another brutal bashing!!!!!!!!!!!!
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL