Glasshouse AXED!!!!

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Postby Squawk » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:19 am

Leaping Lindner wrote:

It is also time that the ABC was given a decent amount of funding instead of having it constantly cut by the Current Government. The Current Government has cut back the ABC's budget every year it's been in office until the last Budget, when they were given "extra" funding to produce more drama with. That's close to a decade of having their budget cut every year. If there isn't money in the kitty you can't produce :P

The Commonwealth Govt has so much money in its treasure chest that I reckon the Sultan of Brunei would even be impressed.

On the other hand, try working for the SA Govt. Their money goes to provide jobs for Labor party hacks, ideological crapfests and ridiculous tram extensions. Instead, money should be going to areas like infrastructure, child protection, disabled, mental health and the like. Even the emergency services copped budget cuts and we pay an emergency services levy - do you think the levy will go down as a result? No **** chance.
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:10 am

Leaping Lindner wrote:As for The Glasshouse I felt it had run its race two years ago. I was honestly surprised they didn't wind it up at the end of 2004 and move onto other things. Obviously I'm in the minority here. I'm just of the opinion that shouting doesn't substitute the lack of a punch line or joke. But then again I don't think I am in the demographic they were aiming at :P

Agreed, I used to watch it religisously on a Friday night but only caught it occasinally this year when I found out ABC2 showed it Friday nights and found it quite stale, it hadn't really gone anywhere and was quite ho hum. Even last Wednesday I made an effort to watch it, got bored within 10 mins and went to bed.
Corinne was funnier when she was fat.
Wil was funnier when he didn't laugh at his own jokes so much and has gone downhill big time since leaving JJJ.
Dave Hughes was the only reason I'd watch it, always cracks me up.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2065 times
Been liked: 3928 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bayman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:14 pm

i thought it was/is a good show

what happened to freedom of speech in a free country ?, perhaps iraq is a more free country than we're led to believe :shock: :shock: :?:
i thought secret groups were a thing of the past, well not on websites anyway
bayman
Coach

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby MW » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:27 pm

bayman wrote:i thought it was/is a good show

what happened to freedom of speech in a free country ?, perhaps iraq is a more free country than we're led to believe :shock: :shock: :?:

No free speech while Little Johnny pays for the ABC to be on air
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2650 times
Been liked: 1879 times

Postby Rushby Hinds » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:16 pm

The Producer's of the Glass House also produced Good News Week.

AFter that show was dumped by the ABC, they took it to Channel 10 where it had a few more years of limited but ok ratings.

With all the publicity of the Glass House, and the fact that it is currently rating at its highest level ever, and also must be a cheap show to make, hopefully the same will happen again!
He's still my hero even if he is a little bit crap.
Rushby Hinds
League - Best 21

Been liked: 0 time

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment