Netflix

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Netflix

Postby bennymacca » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:40 am

Ok well the answer to your question is yes it’s just you.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:02 am

Footy Chick wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Joined Netflix yesterday for something to do during my holidays.

Is it just me, or is it the most over rated thing ever?

I've watched the Gilmore Girls new eps, some phineas and ferb and I've got a couple of crime shows lined up.

There is literally nothing else on that remotely takes my fancy (that I haven't already seen)

Lucky the first month is free, I'm certainly don't have any plans to pay anything for this crap.

So you signed up to watch things you have already watched?

Of course you wouldn’t want to pay for that!
k.

Ill answer this question when you learn to read properly :roll:

Try something new.
Stranger things
Making a murderer
Suits
How I met your mother
Heaps of doco’s even a couple on jfk
Narcos
13 reasons why
Rick and Morty
Big mouth
Etc etc
And a heap of movies.

Netflix is worth it I reckon. I don’t watch it all the time but it’s handy to have...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3066 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:45 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Joined Netflix yesterday for something to do during my holidays.

Is it just me, or is it the most over rated thing ever?

I've watched the Gilmore Girls new eps, some phineas and ferb and I've got a couple of crime shows lined up.

There is literally nothing else on that remotely takes my fancy (that I haven't already seen)

Lucky the first month is free, I'm certainly don't have any plans to pay anything for this crap.

So you signed up to watch things you have already watched?

Of course you wouldn’t want to pay for that!
k.

Ill answer this question when you learn to read properly :roll:

Try something new.
Stranger things
Making a murderer
Suits
How I met your mother
Heaps of doco’s even a couple on jfk
Narcos
13 reasons why
Rick and Morty
Big mouth
Etc etc
And a heap of movies.

Netflix is worth it I reckon. I don’t watch it all the time but it’s handy to have...

Narcos is great Pengy
Watch Series 1 first
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1140 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:35 am

Just finished Stranger Things and Peaky Blinders. Enjoyed them both - although, PB needs to find a strong new story thread.
Currently smashing through Animal Kingdom, I'm really enjoying it. Not as darkly gritty as the Australian version, but still good. It feels like Point Break meets The OC.

My missus is lining up Dynasty to watch. Surely you'd be interested in checking out Dynasty, Fisty?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:25 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Just finished Stranger Things and Peaky Blinders. Enjoyed them both - although, PB needs to find a strong new story thread.
Currently smashing through Animal Kingdom, I'm really enjoying it. Not as darkly gritty as the Australian version, but still good. It feels like Point Break meets The OC.

My missus is lining up Dynasty to watch. Surely you'd be interested in checking out Dynasty, Fisty?

Not really :lol:

That's what I mean, I've had a look at the previews for all these and they don't really jump out at me as something that can keep my interest from go to whoa.

I've saved the conspiracy docs and the JFK docs, hopefully they're not ones i've already seen. I've also just noticed a show called Forensic Files, I'll have a crack at that.

I'm not one of these people that can just sit and watch anything on telly all day. I've heard good stuff about Orange is the new black so I might give that a go.

DOes the content change every so often?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2172 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:11 pm

They add new stuff quite often, and also stuff gets removed, particularly movies
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Anyone had a look at "The Sinner"? An intriguing original crime drama from the US with a bit of a different approach, starring Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman. More of a 'whydunit' that a 'whodunit', I reckon its worth a squiz if you're interested in the crimey-side of things.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 756 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:14 pm

Magellan wrote:Anyone had a look at "The Sinner"? An intriguing original crime drama from the US with a bit of a different approach, starring Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman. More of a 'whydunit' that a 'whodunit', I reckon its worth a squiz if you're interested in the crimey-side of things.

Just finished the first season (could well be the only one, the way the story pans out) and can say it's worth a squiz.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:21 pm

Having just finished "The Sinner" (see above for more details), we've been looking for something else, and started with "Mindhunter." Looks pretty interesting, and not what I thought we'd get given the title. More crime-type stuff, but from a different criminology-psychology point of view re: how the FBI in the mid-70s tried to get inside the heads of imprisoned serial killers to try to understand why they did what they did. @HH3

The missus has started watching "Shooter" without me, so I caught up with the first episode earlier today...dunno, I'm not convinced it's any good. Any thoughts on these two shows?
Magellan
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Magellan wrote:Having just finished "The Sinner" (see above for more details), we've been looking for something else, and started with "Mindhunter." Looks pretty interesting, and not what I thought we'd get given the title. More crime-type stuff, but from a different criminology-psychology point of view re: how the FBI in the mid-70s tried to get inside the heads of imprisoned serial killers to try to understand why they did what they did. @HH3

The missus has started watching "Shooter" without me, so I caught up with the first episode earlier today...dunno, I'm not convinced it's any good. Any thoughts on these two shows?

I'll give Mindhunter a go tonight. It sounds interesting.

I don't think I finished the first episode of Shooter....didn't do it for me.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby teamdefense2017 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 pm

mindhunters is a ripper!!!!
teamdefense2017

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby HH3 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Im most of the way through the first episode. Great so far.

I dont know why there always has to be a love interest though. It always slows shows down.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:30 pm

@Magellan

I got through the first 3 episodes on Manhunter last night.

The most interesting show I've watched in a while.

Very strangely, I was actually reading about Ed Kemper two or three weeks ago. It was the first time I'd heard of him. I researched a fair bit that night. The guy that plays him is really good. A great storyteller within a story.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:52 pm

HH3 wrote:@Magellan

Very strangely, I was actually reading about Ed Kemper two or three weeks ago. It was the first time I'd heard of him. I researched a fair bit that night. The guy that plays him is really good. A great storyteller within a story.

Glad you’ve been enjoying it, we’ve also really found it interesting. Watched the first 5 episodes.

The resemblance of the guy playing Ed Kemper is spot on, certainly from a physical perspective (didn’t really know much about him until I started watching this show).

Apparently its based on a book (can’t remember its title) which might be worth a read as well.
Magellan
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Magellan wrote:
HH3 wrote:@Magellan

Glad you’ve been enjoying it, we’ve also really found it interesting. Watched the first 5 episodes.

The resemblance of the guy playing Ed Kemper is spot on, certainly from a physical perspective (didn’t really know much about him until I started watching this show).

Apparently its based on a book (can’t remember its title) which might be worth a read as well.

I also like that most of the gorey details are spoken about, but not shown. Most shows would go the "shock factor" avenue, which gets boring.

I probably would never have clicked on the show if you hadn't pointed it out. The thumbnails so bland that I've probably scrolled past it 100 times already.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:06 pm

The Punisher is now on Netflix. Life is good.

Jon Bernthal is the man.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10719 times
Been liked: 1561 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Magellan wrote:Anyone had a look at "The Sinner"? An intriguing original crime drama from the US with a bit of a different approach, starring Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman. More of a 'whydunit' that a 'whodunit', I reckon its worth a squiz if you're interested in the crimey-side of things.

We've just watched the first ep and my missus even said 'it's gripping'. We'll watch the rest of the season shortly but it looks to be a ripper.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 781 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby Grenville » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Watched Stephen Fry Live - 'More Fool Me' again. He is a fascinating bloke to listen to, well worth a look.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Does Netflix have sports doco's? Probably a stupid question but stiff shit.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 901 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby bennymacca » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Does Netflix have sports doco's? Probably a stupid question but stiff shit.

I just typed sports documentary into the search and it returned 31 results.
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment