Adelaide Fringe 2006

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Adelaide Fringe 2006

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:07 pm

Just had a quick look at the acts on lineup at the Fringe this year, doesn't seem to be the quality that there usually is, here's the link:
http://www.eventconnection.com.au/march_fringe.htm

My pick of the shows would be:

Garden of Unearthly Delights
The Bosco Theater Shows / The Famous Spiegel Tent / Umbrella Revolution

Jimeoin & Bob Franklin serve up The Cooking Show
Price Child/Concession: $31
Price Adult: $36
Venue: The Famous Spiegeltent
Dates/Times: 12th to 15th March, various times
Seemingly of no educational or culinary merit.
- "Completely, ridiculously funny" THE SCOTSMAN.
- "A whirlwind of inventive props and ridiculous improvisation" THE INDEPENDENT, LONDON. http://www.jimeoin.com
[Buy Tickets]

Jimeoin
Price Child/Concession: $31
Price Adult: $36
Venue: The Famous Spiegeltent
Dates/Times: 8th to 18th March, 8:30pm
Stand up comedy at it's very best as Jimeoin makes a welcome return to the Adelaide Fringe Festival to find the funniest spot on The Famous Spiegeltent stage. [Buy Tickets]

Thebarton Theatre

Pizza Live

Prices: range from $37.90 to $45.90
Date: Saturday 25th February, 2006 at 7:00pm
Stooges: Pauly, kick-boxing champion, boxing champion and champion of many, many things, is still stuck delivering pizzas for Fat Pizza after ten years. Bobo, the chef and owner of Fat Pizza, hates bludging workers and uses his chainsaw as a means of conflict resolution. He lives with his mother (played by Maria Venuti) and makes, arguably, the world’s most unhygienic, yet tastiest pizzas. Habib is a drug dealer, car thief and gang member who is currently on work-release from jail. He also delivers pizzas for Bobo. Habib has a long running relationship with Toula, his overweight, Greek, donut-munching girlfriend. Toula Krapanopolous is Habibs XL girlfriend. Food is her prime motivation in life and she can use nunchuks. She is also a member of an all-female gang, called “fat chix seven”. Rocky the Lebanese Rambo, is Habibs best mate and the muscle for Habibs hustle. He is big, strong and ready to call the cousins for any brawl, anytime. His favorite sexual position is the backseat. Kevin the Kiwi is an ex-bouncer who packs the hardest punch in Fat Pizza. He loves a drink, loves the ladies and will hakka at the drop of a hat. Fully sikest Maori on Australian TV.Junior, the apprentice chef, is just like Bobo – mean, angry, ready to cut, maim, slap and make pizzas. The only difference is that he is from Samoa and he is absolutely obedient to Bobo. DJ BJ (BJ - big jams) is the pathetic pizza delivery trainee, who is on 50 cents an day. He wants to be the world hottest rapper and DJ but he only manages to DJ in lonely car-parks and regularly gets bashed by security.Chen Chong Fat (aka Chong Fat) is a Chinese Australian who loves cricket, footy, hates martial arts and has been voted by tow-truck drivers as Australias worst driver. [Buy Tickets]

Dave Hughes
Prices: range from $28.00 to $32.00
Dates: Thursday 9th, Friday 10th and Saturday 11th March, 2006 at 9:30pm
After years of sold-out live comedy shows at the Melbourne Comedy Festival Dave commenced a new chapter in his career in 2002 as one of the inaugural breakfast presenters on NOVA 100 in Melbourne. With co-host Kate Langbroek and anchor Dave ONeil. Long a Melbourne only phenomena Hughesy is now truly national, with sold out live shows across the country fuelled by a bit of TV and a lot of word of mouth. You may have also seen him on a Holden advertisement or two since the beginning of 2005. Hughesy is also on the telly as a permanent cast member of ABC-TVs The Glass House with Wil Anderson & Corinne Grant. He is also on Network Tens AFL Program Before The Game every Saturday night during the football season. In 2003 he broke the record for the most tickets sold for a Melbourne Comedy Festival season ever and since then has remained one of the highest selling acts in the Festival. [Buy Tickets]
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Adelaide Fringe 2006

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:28 am

Wedgie wrote:
Thebarton Theatre

Pizza Live

Prices: range from $37.90 to $45.90
Date: Saturday 25th February, 2006 at 7:00pm
Stooges: Pauly, kick-boxing champion, boxing champion and champion of many, many things, is still stuck delivering pizzas for Fat Pizza after ten years. Bobo, the chef and owner of Fat Pizza, hates bludging workers and uses his chainsaw as a means of conflict resolution. He lives with his mother (played by Maria Venuti) and makes, arguably, the world’s most unhygienic, yet tastiest pizzas. Habib is a drug dealer, car thief and gang member who is currently on work-release from jail. He also delivers pizzas for Bobo. Habib has a long running relationship with Toula, his overweight, Greek, donut-munching girlfriend. Toula Krapanopolous is Habibs XL girlfriend. Food is her prime motivation in life and she can use nunchuks. She is also a member of an all-female gang, called “fat chix seven”. Rocky the Lebanese Rambo, is Habibs best mate and the muscle for Habibs hustle. He is big, strong and ready to call the cousins for any brawl, anytime. His favorite sexual position is the backseat. Kevin the Kiwi is an ex-bouncer who packs the hardest punch in Fat Pizza. He loves a drink, loves the ladies and will hakka at the drop of a hat. Fully sikest Maori on Australian TV.Junior, the apprentice chef, is just like Bobo – mean, angry, ready to cut, maim, slap and make pizzas. The only difference is that he is from Samoa and he is absolutely obedient to Bobo. DJ BJ (BJ - big jams) is the pathetic pizza delivery trainee, who is on 50 cents an day. He wants to be the world hottest rapper and DJ but he only manages to DJ in lonely car-parks and regularly gets bashed by security.Chen Chong Fat (aka Chong Fat) is a Chinese Australian who loves cricket, footy, hates martial arts and has been voted by tow-truck drivers as Australias worst driver. [Buy Tickets]

should be awesome. :lol:
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby MUNGO JERRY » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:28 am

You Beauty, The Fringe is back, time to dust off my 'arse-less' pants and get drilled in the bum by some freaked out homo in some alleyway off Rundle Street.
FRINGE = BORING!
Too fast to live, too young to die.
MUNGO JERRY
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Punk Rooster » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:08 pm

MUNGO JERRY wrote:You Beauty, The Fringe is back, time to dust off my 'arse-less' pants and get drilled in the bum by some freaked out homo in some alleyway off Rundle Street.
FRINGE = BORING!
I think you'll find they're called "chaps"
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Peter Falconia » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:02 pm

Sorry Wedge, but can't stand Jimeoin. Don't think he has made me laugh once.

Go see Lano and Woodley. Piss ya pants funny.
Peter Falconia
Rookie

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:31 am

MUNGO JERRY wrote:You Beauty, The Fringe is back, time to dust off my 'arse-less' pants and get drilled in the bum by some freaked out homo in some alleyway off Rundle Street.
FRINGE = BORING!

Mate this is a pi55 poor post. You have just bagged the 5hit about something you have obviously have never been too in your life because your homophobic alarm system went off 'ARTY ARTY WHOOP WHOOP'.

Cheers,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby stan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:50 am

FRINGE = BORING!

Are you suggesting that all the comedians at this Festival are gay?

Are you really that F******* Homophobic that you actually think this is what the fringe is about. Perhaps you could climb out of your cave for a bit and have a look.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MUNGO JERRY » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:22 am

ahhh shut up, both of ya.... how would you know what I've been to and what I havent? Look who's making assumptions now!
MUNGO JERRY
Under 16s

Postby stan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:41 am

MUNGO JERRY wrote:ahhh shut up, both of ya.... how would you know what I've been to and what I havent? Look who's making assumptions now!

Read your original post again Mungo, and if your really think that then you have never even stepped outside of your redneck house.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MUNGO JERRY » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:14 pm

now, now, you are getting a bit personal. You have your opinions and I have mine. I suppose if you were reading my post you would get the feeling I could be a wee bit 'homophobic' as u guys have put it. I suppose my sense of humour borderlines on being in bad taste and I apologize for that. I was'nt having a go at any of the artists at the fringe either, hey, if you go to town on any given night you will see many different kinds of people and thats what I was referring to.
Now, if you still want to call me names do so by all means but don't you feel just a little bit sorry for that guy who was in jail and got 'apparently' raped in the bum by Mr. Von Einem? (referring to taday's Sunday Mail) And what about the guy I used to know who passed out on the banks of the river torrens and got his sphincter stretched by a gang of sadistic bastards?
I bet if you knew these people in question and they were being derogatory about gays, you would'nt be calling them 'homophobic' would you?
Yes ,yes, this can lead to a huge debate over peoples' rights etc etc and I for one, have known and sort of hung out with a few 'gays' in the past and was even accused of being one because of that and, I didnt let it bother me. So if all this makes me a 'redneck' then so be it!.......by the way, i do get out of my house and I do know whats happening in the world around me.
MUNGO JERRY
Under 16s

Postby Dog_ger » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:50 pm

End of Jan and arn't we all BOORED...!
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:16 pm

Scared Weird Little Guys is a must see for me at EVERY fringe.... I'm a big big fan.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment