What DVD are you watching?

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: What DVD are you watching?

Postby Gozu » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter

Friday The 13th: A New Beginning
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Magpiespower » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Just finished the first half of The Walking Dead Series 4.

Wish they'd stop killing off my favourite characters.

Now on to Game of Thrones Series 3.

Finally get to see this Red Wedding...
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Gozu » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:30 pm

Magpiespower wrote:Just finished the first half of The Walking Dead Series 4.

Hershel? I really liked him but his death was a bit full on.

The actor Scott Wilson I think his name is and the chick that plays Maggie were on Talking Dead right after that aired and she was getting all teary.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby Magpiespower » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:19 pm

Gozu wrote:
Magpiespower wrote:Just finished the first half of The Walking Dead Series 4.

Hershel? I really liked him but his death was a bit full on.

The actor Scott Wilson I think his name is and the chick that plays Maggie were on Talking Dead right after that aired and she was getting all teary.

Nah, I LOVED that!

Cheered and pumped my fists in that scene.

Do that every time one of those self-righteous sonsabitches cop it...

:lol:
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Gozu » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Blade Runner: The Final Cut

Sleepaway Camp

Thursday
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:44 am

Jaws: The Revenge
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:01 pm

The Baader Meinhof Complex

Dear Mr Gacy

Tokyo Gore Police
Gozu
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:39 am

im prob the last person in the world, but just finished season 1 of breaking bad.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby MightyEagles » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Air Crash Investigations box set seasons 1-11
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Postby Gozu » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Zodiac-Director's Cut
Gozu
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Gozu wrote:Zodiac-Director's Cut
One of my top 10 movies.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Gozu » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:31 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
One of my top 10 movies.

It's an excellent movie isn't it? I've seen it a few times and loved basically every aspect of it so just got the Director's Cut version on Blu-ray and watched the movie & all the docos and other special features over three straight nights. Only just found out the other day a cousin of mine recently moved to Napa Valley in California too.
Gozu
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:58 pm

I don't know what it is about it, but it's like the perfect movie.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Gozu » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:42 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:I don't know what it is about it, but it's like the perfect movie.

Agreed. The storyline, acting, script, music, colours, scenery just the whole slow burn of it too.

I thought Robert Downey Jr was outstanding in it too. A bit Johnny Depp-ish from Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Piranha 3DD
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Bunraku

A Sin City-esque action/fantasy starring Josh Hartnett, Ron Pearlman, Woody Harrelson & Demi Moore and narrated by Mike Patton (singer from Faith No More).

Did absolutely nothing for me and struggled to get through it, I can see why it sunk without a trace when it came out a few years ago.
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:52 am

Judge Dredd
Gozu
Coach

Postby saintal » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:07 pm

One of my top 10 movies.

Definitely one of my favourite films also. Superb. :D

Should pick up the director's cut one day. Only got the standard version at home.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Gozu » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:06 am

saintal wrote:
One of my top 10 movies.

Definitely one of my favourite films also. Superb. :D

Should pick up the director's cut one day. Only got the standard version at home.

You're missing out mate ;)

The Director's Cut (at least on Blu-ray) is only single disc here but has all of the same special features as the US version:

Zodiac debuts on Blu-ray as a massive two-disc special edition, with a pair of commentaries included on disc one, and the additional extras available on disc two. The first commentary track features director David Fincher. The director dives right in, describing in detail the film's establishing shot and moving on to share a cornucopia of information, including the locations, the time period detail seen in various shots, personal memories of the time and subject material, the strengths of the actors, and plenty more. The track is honest, easy, intelligent, and informative. The second track features actors Jake Gyllenhaal and Robert Downey, Jr., producer Brad Fischer, writer James Vanderbilt, and James Ellroy, "King of American Crime Fiction." This track is somewhat more lively than Fincher's, but not necessarily more informative. It's more the mix of commentators that add strength to this track. Each participant shares plenty of pertinent information, including the history of the production and the case, the integrity of the film, the research that went into the film, and more. Both of these tracks make for essential listens.

Disc two begins with The Film. This feature is further divided into four segments. Zodiac Deciphered (1080o, 54:15) takes a detailed look at the history of the production, beginning with a discussion of the case and the subsequent book, and digging into the production of the film, its accuracy to real-life events, and liberties taken with some of the unknown facts. The piece also examines the realism that exudes from the film, including the most mundane of props, files, and documents, and how they changed as the film evolved over the time period it covers. Also included is a discussion of the actors' performances and the characters they portray, shooting in particular locations, and peeking into Graysmith's obsession with the case. The Visual Effects of 'Zodiac' (1080i, 15:18) is just as it sounds, a look at the special effects that lend to the film the desired look and feel and the challenges of getting them all just right. Previsualization (480p) features three scenes with the computer-generated previsualization sequences playing in a window above the finished product. Scenes available include Blue Rock Springs, Lake Berryessa, and San Francisco. Concluding this set of special features is the film's theatrical trailer (1080p, 2:33). Moving along is another grouping of supplements, The Facts. The first of two in this set is This is the Zodiac Speaking (1080i, 1:42:18). This piece plays out as something of a history lesson on the area, the case, and the time period. Some of the actual people involved in the case are interviewed, recounting the crimes, intercut with photos, archival footage, maps, recreations of the scenes, and more. Prime Suspect (1080i, 42:35) more closely examines suspect Arthur Leigh Allen.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Zodiac-Bl ... 58/#Review

I got it for like $10.50 from JB Hi-Fi.
Gozu
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:12 am

The A-Team !

upto season 2 - watching around 3-4 eps a day which is on a disc!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment