Fringe 2016

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Fringe 2016

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:26 am

Here's the place for all the Fringe shows you're interested in, looking into or might even need someone to come along with you as your mates think you're batshit crazy for wanting to go...

My first cab off the rank :

Pearl Jam was one of the hottest new bands to emerge out of music hot bed Seattle at the time of this taping, Pearl Jam was currently riding high on the success of their debut album Ten, which spawned the smash hit single "Alive." Taped at midnight at the Kaufman Astoria Studios in March of 1992, Pearl Jam band members Mike McCready (guitar), Stone Gossard (guitar), Jeff Ament (bass), Eddie Vedder (vocals) and Dave Abbruzzese (drums) perform "Alive," "State Of Love And Trust," "Black," "Jeremy," "Even Flow" and "Porch."

Take a trip back in time and relive this magic concert with White Collar Heroes at the Adelaide Fringe 2016.
Presented by:
WHITE COLLAR HEROES and Special Guests

Artist / Company:
WCH with Special Guests

South Australian guitar rock cover band, White Collar Heroes, shred the anthems of the finest 90s rock bands live and loud, taking you down a nostalgic path to the era where rock music truly rocked. The band showcases the likes of Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, The Offspring, Nirvana, Silverchair, Green Day, Pearl Jam, Bush, plus many more epic defining artists that probably lived in your mix tape reels during the 90s. Join us for sensational performances and let go, as you loosen that tie, forget the office blues, sing your lungs out, let your hair down, and enjoy the era that was the 90s! Long live rock music.

https://www.adelaidefringe.com.au/fring ... 45553d257d
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Re: Fringe 2016

Postby Fluffbag » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:57 pm

Rich Hall is very funny and also like David O'Doherty, so two shows I will be going to.
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:33 am

I heard something about a "Mystery ticket pack" or something along those lines.

I'll try and find it, but it sounds like a Mystery Trifecta ticket, pay your coin, get tickets to 2 or 3 shows that could be anything, anywhere. Interesting possibilities.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:44 am

Booney wrote:I heard something about a "Mystery ticket pack" or something along those lines.

I'll try and find it, but it sounds like a Mystery Trifecta ticket, pay your coin, get tickets to 2 or 3 shows that could be anything, anywhere. Interesting possibilities.

Great idea, more of what the Fringe is actually about - exposing people to things they wouldn't normally see that aren't strictly mainstream, as opposed to watching another member of the Australian comedy mafia go through the motions.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:09 pm

Saw Eddie Ifft a couple years ago and i had a sore guts from laughing so much. He's back this year so he's a lock in. Highly recommend him.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby The Ash Man » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:33 am

Doing the comedy pub crawl again, was good last year and lets face it, its a pub crawl!
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:23 pm

The Ash Man wrote:Doing the comedy pub crawl again, was good last year and lets face it, its a pub crawl!

We missed last years, did it the year before, back on board again this year I think!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:30 pm

Taking the new misses to the best of ed fest in the garden on Sunday for valentines day.

Pretty keen on doing one of the pub crawl comedy shows as well.

Want to do some of the interactive 'shows' such as the adventure rooms, look like a lot of fun.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bulldogproud2 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:51 am

Saw Gordon Southern twice on cruises recently. Very good comedian with a very quick wit. He alsgo happens to be godfather to Mickey D's children. Will definitely be going to Gordon's and Mickey's shows.

Cheers
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:29 am

Saw Best of the Ed Fest last night with Prince Abdi, Danny Obrien and some scotsmen.

As usual was brilliant, one hour of non stop laugh out loud moments, was $25 a ticket and was in the umbrella revolution which was in the garden. Couldn't have asked for a better V Day. Well worth it!!!

Also the $6.00 15 minute shows in the garden were all great. Favourite of these was Rubberband man, remembering you only pay $6 it is well worth the fifteen minutes of laughter.

Fringe time is probably my favourite part about living in SA.

Will try and go to the garden another 4-5 times before the season finishes.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Fluffbag » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:49 pm

Went to see "A Sentimental Journey -The music of Doris Day" and Divalicious, both were very good but wish people would stop talking during the shows, an old couple near me would not shut up, disrespectful to the artist and the people around them.
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Postby Magellan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:45 am

Did anyone read about comedian Lawrence Mooney's twitter tirade against a less-than-favourable review of his show on the weekend?

Thoughts? As someone who doesn't mind his work in general (and will see his show on the weekend), I was pretty disappointed that someone in that position could be so thin-skinned.

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/lawrence-mooney-harasses-deadshit-female-journalist-for-adelaide-fringe-review-20160215-gmu0px.html

Comedian Lawrence Mooney has launched a scathing tirade against a female journalist, calling her a "deadshit" and "f***ing amateur" for her unfavourable review of his latest show.

The Advertiser's Isabella Fowler praised Mooney's show at the Adelaide Fringe Festival on Sunday but suggested he was "just a funny guy" rather than a comedian.

After the review went live, Mooney began harassing Fowler on Twitter, accusing her of having "a small mind".

"Are you deaf or an idiot? You did hear people laughing hard for an hour didn't you @BellaFowler93 Best you stick to real estate and food," he wrote.
"Your review is a piece of shit, your journalism is worse & your hundred word thesis on the difference between..sweet Jesus."

Fowler responded, telling Mooney she hoped attacking her would make him "feel like a big man" and that he needed to "calm down".

This only further angered the former ABC host, who said he would 'hang the review around her neck'.

"Please @BellaFowler93 why did you come to my show? Do you know my work? Or did you think it'd be cool to write a review. *giggle*"
"Bad, how about a thoughtless, insouciant swipe from a f***ing amateur. She is a tiny mind."

KIIS FM drive host Kate Kate Langbroek defended Mooney on Twitter, calling him "one of the funniest people ever".

"If this was a Mills & Boon, you'd end up focking! By the way, Lawrence is one of the funniest people ever and also one of the quickest to ignite. That's what makes him dangerous. And beloved of comedy lovers."

When someone challenged Langbroek, she accused them of being "feeble minded".

Mooney later thanked his Twitter followers for the support, calling them "champions" and said he felt better after abusing Fowler.

But many people accused Mooney of being pathetic, warned him to switch off, and said his comments were "way over the top".

"Appalling reaction from @lawrencemooney online after unfavorable review by @BellaFowler93. Don't want her opinion? Don't invite reviewers," wrote one person.

"Has Lawrence Mooney never had a bad review or does he just hate women?"

When Mooney told Fowler his Adelaide Fringe shows were sold out, she asked him why he was abusing her. The comedian responded with: "It's still not clear?"
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Well in this day and age of social media I'm surprised there isn't more of this.

However, as with everything it is just the reviewers opinion, of which we are all entitled too.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Fluffbag » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Came across as a sook, if he is a comedian rather than just a funny guy then laugh it off.

Don Rickles, he ain't
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Postby Magellan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:54 pm

Fluffbag wrote:Came across as a sook, if he is a comedian rather than just a funny guy then laugh it off.

Don Rickles, he ain't

Seemed like a disproportionate response for a guy who comes across as being pretty level-headed and more mature than some of the younger comics.

If he was Don Rickles he would've also offended every minority on the planet in the process!!
Magellan
Coach

Postby RB » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:28 pm

Does anyone else get the feeling that Mooney was perhaps a little tired and emotional when he made those tweets?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Magellan » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:57 pm

Continuing the Mooney theme, went and saw him at the Rhino Room last night. Perhaps the twitter rant was a publicity stunt, because it was full house.

An entertaining show with plenty of good belly laughs, and ran for about an hour and 10 minutes. Enjoyably off-colour at times. 7/10.
Magellan
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Booney wrote:Here's the place for all the Fringe shows you're interested in, looking into or might even need someone to come along with you as your mates think you're batshit crazy for wanting to go...

My first cab off the rank :

Pearl Jam was one of the hottest new bands to emerge out of music hot bed Seattle at the time of this taping, Pearl Jam was currently riding high on the success of their debut album Ten, which spawned the smash hit single "Alive." Taped at midnight at the Kaufman Astoria Studios in March of 1992, Pearl Jam band members Mike McCready (guitar), Stone Gossard (guitar), Jeff Ament (bass), Eddie Vedder (vocals) and Dave Abbruzzese (drums) perform "Alive," "State Of Love And Trust," "Black," "Jeremy," "Even Flow" and "Porch."

Take a trip back in time and relive this magic concert with White Collar Heroes at the Adelaide Fringe 2016.
Presented by:
WHITE COLLAR HEROES and Special Guests

Artist / Company:
WCH with Special Guests

South Australian guitar rock cover band, White Collar Heroes, shred the anthems of the finest 90s rock bands live and loud, taking you down a nostalgic path to the era where rock music truly rocked. The band showcases the likes of Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, The Offspring, Nirvana, Silverchair, Green Day, Pearl Jam, Bush, plus many more epic defining artists that probably lived in your mix tape reels during the 90s. Join us for sensational performances and let go, as you loosen that tie, forget the office blues, sing your lungs out, let your hair down, and enjoy the era that was the 90s! Long live rock music.

https://www.adelaidefringe.com.au/fring ... 45553d257d

I'm going to this gig tonight. Keen!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:19 pm

Ahh bollocks...I'm there tomorrow night!

Will look forward to your review mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:26 pm

Booney wrote:Ahh bollocks...I'm there tomorrow night!

Will look forward to your review mate.

I could only go tonight, going to a gig tomorrow night and then going out for a couple of birthdays Saturday night.

Really looking forward to it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Next

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment