Fringe 2017

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Fringe 2017

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:16 pm

took my 16 month old to Peter Combe on sunday. Played most of the classics, with the highlight obviously Mr Clickety Cane, though Toffee Apple was absent.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Went to see Comedians against Humanity last night, it was hilarious - On your way into the tent you get a handful of Cards against Humanity cards - the 3 comedians then have to do a press conference, based on the the best card read out from the audience...you pretty much can't be offended by anything though, it was definitely out there.

If you love the game, you'll love the show.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Dave Hughes was really quite boring but the missus loved him (as did moat there) so that's the main thing. There's a lot better acts for less money.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:10 am

Used to love the Fringe but haven't been able to get involved for a few years now, but this Saturday we're off to dinner at the Gov, then Timmy G, then either to Barbu at Gluttony or the RCC.

Coupla questions, given I have a few issues with mobility at the moment and have never been to either - Are those venues (Gluttony and RCC) easy enough to navigate? Also has anyone seen Barbu, and if so, what did you think?

TIA
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:59 pm

Haven't been to RCC but Gluttony has a laid out plastic path, it'll be squishy though with all the people there and the path does go up and down hill a bit - you may need to be wary of getting into some of the tents with stairs up and stairs down. Le Petite Grand is one of those
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby JK » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Haven't been to RCC but Gluttony has a laid out plastic path, it'll be squishy though with all the people there and the path does go up and down hill a bit - you may need to be wary of getting into some of the tents with stairs up and stairs down. Le Petite Grand is one of those

Cheers Lise :D
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:03 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:Comedy pub crawl this Saturday night - $35 per ticket, 2 tickets.

A friend has two tickets but can't go, anyone interested please PM me.

Some friends have invited me to this show but I dont see the attraction of walking between venues, Ive said no at this stage unless you can talk me into it?

Sorry mate, just saw this.

I'm not going this week, a friend got them for the 25th Feb, when the rest of the group of 10 booked for 25th March. :lol:

I've been before, it makes for a great night, watch an act and stroll en masse to the next pub, soak up the atmosphere of the Fringe along the way. They give you about 20 minutes to grab a drink at each venue before the act comes on, been two years in a row and had a ripping night. I think.... ;)

Was an awesome night, if I did it again I wouldn't do it on a Friday as our first two venues were the Austral and Belgian Beer Cafe which were packed with no air conditioning. Value wise was probably the best thing we've done at the Fringe, great comedians and the Scot who ran it was awesome.
Much better than the best of the Ed.
Thanks for the recommendation Booney, had a blast.
Gordon Southern was the highlight, even Amos Gill was bloody funny.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:45 pm

This arvo I saw an advertisement for White Collar Heroes who played a Nirvana Unplugged in New York cover set Fringe show. They did a Pearl Jam Unplugged cover set during last year's Fringe and that was absolutely incredible, probably the best gig I've ever seen. I'm actually devastated I didn't know about the shows earlier! :( :( Would of been great to see it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Grenville » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Just got home from taking the kids to Cirque Africa. Well worth a look, kids loved it.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Grenville » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:12 pm

And as an appetiser got to watch Pissed Old Homeless Bloke Reclining on a Park Bench With a Durry on Pulteney Street.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Gozu » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Cheap Fringe tickets and by the looks of things free tickets to see Jimeoin but you still have to pay the b.f.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/297196
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:32 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:saw the best of Ed.
Which was quite good and well worth it as per normal.

Checked this one out last night. I'm not the biggest fan of stand-up, but the three guys they had were really, really funny on their own way, LMAO. Definitely worth a squiz.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:40 pm

We're popping our Garden cherry tomorrow night and going to see LIMBO Unhinged. The show starts at 11:30pm so we're going in early to get some food, see some freaks and take in the sights.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Few mates and I are locked in for Eddie Ifft tomorrow night. See you there Wedgie ;)
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Grenville » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Going to see Will Anderson tomorrow night with the missus . Saw him a couple of years ago and he was good value, sitting front row centre resulted in us getting the piss taken big time. My bald head, goatee, thongs and job description didn't help. He was fairly stonkered, enjoyed a few Asahis as he performed.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Grenville wrote:Going to see Will Anderson tomorrow night with the missus . Saw him a couple of years ago and he was good value, sitting front row centre resulted in us getting the piss taken big time. He was fairly stonkered, enjoyed a few Asahis as he performed.

Saw him a couple of years ago.
I always thought he was a tool before going to see him but he was actually good value.
A dozen pints at the Exeter beforehand certainly helped me think so.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:49 am

Our first Fringe experience was really good on Saturday night. Trained it in, saw a few street performers on the walk down Rundle Street.

One of them nearly got chopped by a battle axe coz he picked the wrong guy out of the crown to throw it to him while he was sitting on top of a 3m unicycle. Not supposed to make it spin like a tomahawk apparently. :lol:

We were lucky enough to get a table at a Vietnamese place next to the gelato shop to have dinner.

In the Garden, we started smashing the Coopers Sparklings and cocktails, and had a bit of a wander. We saw the freak show, which was ok, but disappointing you don't get to see them all in one show. You have to go three or four times to see the rotating roster. We saw the guy who hits a nail up his nose, the grinder lady (terrible, not a freak) and the sword swallower.

Then the big show, LIMBO Unhinged. Artsy, acrobatic, musical, rock & roll, homoerotic, funny spectacle. One of the most fun things I've ever seen. I caught myself with my mouth wide open while they performed. We'll be trying to see each new show they put on every year from now on.

Then we hit up the toastie stand and paid $18 for two toasted sandwiches, and the Mrs got an Espresso martini. No wonder chicks are messes if that's what they're drinking. Pure gasoline.

In the cab at 3am. Home by 3.30am. $350 down. Worth it.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times

Postby Grenville » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:51 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Grenville wrote:Going to see Will Anderson tomorrow night with the missus . Saw him a couple of years ago and he was good value, sitting front row centre resulted in us getting the piss taken big time. He was fairly stonkered, enjoyed a few Asahis as he performed.

Saw him a couple of years ago.
I always thought he was a tool before going to see him but he was actually good value.
A dozen pints at the Exeter beforehand certainly helped me think so.

He was still entertaining Saturday night, probably better last time. His remark about the Marsh brothers having photos of the selectors made me laugh.
Grenville
Veteran

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment