I'm a celebrity (please) get me out of the jungle

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: I'm a celebrity (please) get me out of the jungle

Postby MW » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:39 pm

The Bedge wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Pretty poor if he did say that. Especially given he has opened up about his own mental issues in the past.

Tomic might be a tool but if he does have mental issues that’s not for any of us to berate him about.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/coupler ... 4e16cad44a

Agree 100%

Tomic basically said he can't win in Tennis cause Federer, Joker, Murray and Nadal are too good. That's what Gibson was getting stuck into him about, not about his mental health.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:52 pm

bennymacca wrote:Pretty poor if he did say that. Especially given he has opened up about his own mental issues in the past.

Tomic might be a tool but if he does have mental issues that’s not for any of us to berate him about.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/coupler ... 4e16cad44a
But following on from that 'weak' comment he also offered to help him.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:53 pm

MW wrote:Tomic basically said he can't win in Tennis cause Federer, Joker, Murray and Nadal are too good. That's what Gibson was getting stuck into him about, not about his mental health.

Well he is right :lol: :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:21 pm

It’s here:
Tomic badly exposed by footy star http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opin ... 53b0eb46a3

Gibson makes a lot of sense
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby HH3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:30 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Is Mundine and Green going in like was rumoured a while back? I'd probably watch the show to see those two go at it.

Disregard, I've since they have also been confirmed, might be worth watching!
Can't see Mundine lasting too long though as white Australia will vote him out quick smart. He's probably being very smart, probably got a fee for going knowing full well he won't be there long.

Notice how no one said anything about race until you did?

Wanker.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:55 pm

The Bedge wrote:
MW wrote:Tomic basically said he can't win in Tennis cause Federer, Joker, Murray and Nadal are too good. That's what Gibson was getting stuck into him about, not about his mental health.

Well he is right :lol: :lol:

He is exactly right.

Not a whole lot different to the world knowing Stewie MacGill would have played a lot more test matches if it wasn't for the greatest leg spinner in the history of the game.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Tomic gone. He is the first to say.... I'm a complete flog, get me out of here.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:It’s here:
Tomic badly exposed by footy star http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opin ... 53b0eb46a3

It makes more sense when you read the transcript too.

But I do feel for sportspeople that have had pressure heaped on them from the time they were 10 years old - and if they don’t live up to those expectations they are made to feel like a failure. Even though Tomic was top 20 in the world he never felt good enough. And he obviously chooses to handle that in a pretty poor manner.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:33 am

bennymacca wrote:

It makes more sense when you read the transcript too.

But I do feel for sportspeople that have had pressure heaped on them from the time they were 10 years old - and if they don’t live up to those expectations they are made to feel like a failure. Even though Tomic was top 20 in the world he never felt good enough. And he obviously chooses to handle that in a pretty poor manner.

A thought provoking comment BM
But it’s not only sportspeople
And there are plenty of people who have suffered but aren’t total wankers
Tomic may boast about his millions now but he’s heading towards totus anctus in 10 years time when
he realises how he’s wasted his life
Gibson is going through “what now?” which is totally different
You only have to look at their physiques to see which one has put in the hard work to succeed
I know which one I’d rather be
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:33 am

Their personalities are totally different though.
Tomic is very much an angry introvert where Gibson is an extrovert who loves being around people.

I think Tomic is a wanker as well but it mustn’t have been easy for him with the Dad he had and his so called upbringing.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:04 am

One word comes to mind with Tomic, character, he seems to have no character about him at all.

That comes in many different forms, the way you interact with people shows character, the way you show resilience when under pressure shows character, the way you value ones self shows character. He shows none of this and it makes you think he's been brought up in such a draconian manner that he's never been able to develop his own character. Seen plenty of comments along the lines of being weak and a flog, seems as though that's all he's ever been called and he believes it.

He said he went into the show to change the Australian public's perception of him, I reckon he has, just not how he thought it would.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:10 am

Another comment I made last night was surely the producers run contestants through some sort of psyche tests before they put them into the situations they put them in, even pre-show medicals, surely there must have been someone in the negotiation process who questioned his ability to cope or, and there's little doubt this is the case, did they just see a ratings bonanza and ran with it?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:19 am

Booney wrote:Another comment I made last night was surely the producers run contestants through some sort of psyche tests before they put them into the situations they put them in, even pre-show medicals, surely there must have been someone in the negotiation process who questioned his ability to cope or, and there's little doubt this is the case, did they just see a ratings bonanza and ran with it?

I'd say the latter. Due diligence and duty of care are two concepts foreign to commercial television networks, especially in the age where people have every reason to turn on a computer or a streaming device.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:30 am

bennymacca wrote:

It makes more sense when you read the transcript too..

Typical of media articles these days - headlines tend to be very misleading and really not much to do with the actual transcript of conversations - everything is always taken out of context and manipulated to create good guy/bad guy images.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:18 am

Booney wrote:One word comes to mind with Tomic, character, he seems to have no character about him at all.

That comes in many different forms, the way you interact with people shows character, the way you show resilience when under pressure shows character, the way you value ones self shows character. He shows none of this and it makes you think he's been brought up in such a draconian manner that he's never been able to develop his own character. Seen plenty of comments along the lines of being weak and a flog, seems as though that's all he's ever been called and he believes it.

He said he went into the show to change the Australian public's perception of him, I reckon he has, just not how he thought it would.

I kinda feel pity for him tbh.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:26 am

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:One word comes to mind with Tomic, character, he seems to have no character about him at all.

His response to that? “I’ve got millions mate. You haven’t”

But, in the long run Benny, you will have more than him in life and he will be back in the media pleading for pity
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:33 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

His response to that? “I’ve got millions mate. You haven’t”

But, in the long run Benny, you will have more than him in life and he will be back in the media pleading for pity

Benny already has mate, IMO, he already has.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:14 pm

Apparently Tomic went on a rant on The Project.

He is just completely ****** up. He should never be a part of any Australian tennis team at any level from Davis Cup to Olympics...

Dead set ****
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:23 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Apparently Tomic went on a rant on The Project.

He is just completely ****** up. He should never be a part of any Australian tennis team at any level from Davis Cup to Olympics...

Dead set ****

He’s well qualified to be on The Project
Overpaid opiniated flog
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:25 am

At least now Tomic has quit the jungle show he can get back to what he is good at.... quitting tennis matches.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment