When 'they' have a great dea!

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

When 'they' have a great dea!

Postby Booney » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:13 pm

"I've got a great idea" says Mrs.Boon," after you have finished cricket next week,we can get tickets and take all the kids (2 junior Boons,10 and 6,niece 9 and little Mr.Boon's mate 11) to that Coca-Cola Live show,you know,The Veronicas,Evermore,After the Fall!"

"Yeah,great idea babe"

So,off to cricket,win outright at 6:20 at night,quick shower at club,back to pub for a quick schnitzel,(salad,no chips) a few Pure Blondes and to the Enter centre we go.THE BAR IS CLOSED!! WHAT THE F@@@! I know this is an all ages show,but the Veronicas interviwed End of Fashion,asking questions like "Pissed or Stoned?" and (no lie) "Spit or swallow?",now,my kids have seen Dad with a few lagers in him before,no surprise there,and if they can air the above questions on the big screen,surely I can get a beer,and for that matter,every one else with some legitimate ID.Now many will say this is all ages,yep it was,so tell End of Fashion,The Veronicas and Evermore, that the "F" word on the microphone is not ideal at all ages shows.Not happy,and I dont mean just about being there.

All in all,The Hot lies were poor,After the Fall tight but not my kind of music,End of Fashion "Oh YEAH" ,oh NO!

To wrap it all up,THe Veronicas do a cover of "Its a Long way too the top" (AC/DC),now,FFS girils,you arent old enough to go to a pub,let alone play in one,and Im sure,Oh so sure you have never,never had it tough.

"Look out,its rough and mean,it a long way to the top,when yo uwant to rock and roll,
If you think its easy doin one night stands,try playin in a rock'n'roll band...."

How about you have a go first you spoilt little upstarts.

Mrs.Boon,a good idea? I think not.

Rant over.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7538 times
Been liked: 10857 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:46 pm

how much did it cost?
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11992 times
Been liked: 3662 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:06 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:how much did it cost?

This is a very subjective answer,depends really,you neede to drink shite loads of Coke to get on-line with numbers from Coke wrappers then the tickets cost $4.50 (basically the booking fee),so you may say the cost was $4.50,but with future dental taken into account,and pain and suffering included in the event,about $3000 per ticket I would suggest.

Adelaide Confidential makes note of the language and events of the night in the same manner I have above.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7538 times
Been liked: 10857 times

Postby smac » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:01 am

Booney wrote:Adelaide Confidential makes note of the language and events of the night in the same manner I have above.
Did they use the same words you did above? I wouldn't be surprised if they trawl sites such as this looking for material!
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby CK » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:43 pm

Apart from anything else...it is just me, or are the Veronicas just really ordinary singers who struggle to hold a tune at times (eg. The Arias performance)?
Can you guess where I'm calling from, the Las Vegas Hilton...
CK
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby MightyEagles » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:25 pm

CK_31 wrote:Apart from anything else...it is just me, or are the Veronicas just really ordinary singers who struggle to hold a tune at times (eg. The Arias performance)?

Yes at times, but they can be easy on the eye, but they sometimes use too much make-up.
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment