Carlton

Talk on the national game

Re: Carlton

Postby Turbo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:26 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Cripps has re-signed

He is bandaged up like a mummy most weeks now and plays like a wrecking ball with no mature bodies around to protect him. The poor kid will be carrying that side on his own for the next few years with little to no success
Not sure bigger bodies will help him. Thats how he plays. Bigger body next to him and all of a sudden he wont get contested footy. Want a bigger body put Curnow in there next year and draft Lukousis

plays 91% of the time in the midfield. He will retire before he is 30 if he doesnt start getting some help. The blokes a gun and i reckon if Carrrrrlton dont start improving he will leave to go back home when his contract is up

If you had have listened to him speak about the club yesterday and in the past few years you wouldn’t have made that comment.
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:40 pm

Anyone seen a reported figure for Cripps contract extension.
Must be close to $1m a year?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2530 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:41 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Not sure bigger bodies will help him. Thats how he plays. Bigger body next to him and all of a sudden he wont get contested footy. Want a bigger body put Curnow in there next year and draft Lukousis

Would Carlton fans want to see Curnow in the middle?

In 3 years time, a duo of Curnow and Lukosius would be seriously potent as both are seriously athletic forwards.

The midfield and defence are issues for mine. I have hardly looked at this years draft pool, but I wonder why Carlton re-signed Murphy instead of testing his trade value to try and stock up on 1st & 2nd round selections, given Adelaide have Carlton's 2nd already.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:43 pm

valleys07 wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:Not sure bigger bodies will help him. Thats how he plays. Bigger body next to him and all of a sudden he wont get contested footy. Want a bigger body put Curnow in there next year and draft Lukousis

Would Carlton fans want to see Curnow in the middle?

In 3 years time, a duo of Curnow and Lukosius would be seriously potent as both are seriously athletic forwards.

The midfield and defence are issues for mine. I have hardly looked at this years draft pool, but I wonder why Carlton re-signed Murphy instead of testing his trade value to try and stock up on 1st & 2nd round selections, given Adelaide have Carlton's 2nd already.

Murphy’s not worth anything mate.
Good honest player but nothing more.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2530 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Edit that - he is an unrestricted free agent, so it's a moot point.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby hollywood7477 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Turbo wrote:

He is bandaged up like a mummy most weeks now and plays like a wrecking ball with no mature bodies around to protect him. The poor kid will be carrying that side on his own for the next few years with little to no success
Not sure bigger bodies will help him. Thats how he plays. Bigger body next to him and all of a sudden he wont get contested footy. Want a bigger body put Curnow in there next year and draft Lukousis

plays 91% of the time in the midfield. He will retire before he is 30 if he doesnt start getting some help. The blokes a gun and i reckon if Carrrrrlton dont start improving he will leave to go back home when his contract is up

If you had have listened to him speak about the club yesterday and in the past few years you wouldn’t have made that comment.

Doesnt mean anything if there is no improvent. If your getting a tonne of money your not going to come out and say negative things are you. You play for success and if the Blues dont show any signs they are on the right track i can guarantee he wil leave.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby Turbo » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:56 am

hollywood7477 wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Doesnt mean anything if there is no improvent. If your getting a tonne of money your not going to come out and say negative things are you. You play for success and if the Blues dont show any signs they are on the right track i can guarantee he wil leave.

You’ve got zero idea so it might be a good idea to say nothing
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Turbo » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:57 am

[MEDIUM WHITE CIRCLE]️[emoji838][MEDIUM WHITE CIRCLE]️[emoji838][MEDIUM WHITE CIRCLE]️[emoji838][MEDIUM WHITE CIRCLE]️[emoji838]
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:13 am

Turbo wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
Turbo wrote:

What part has he got wrong?
Carlton will not play finals for atleast another 5 years and there is still a heap of pain to come. Very good loyalty of anyone to go through that
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jase » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:46 am

Jim05 wrote:
Turbo wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
Turbo wrote:[quote="hollywood7477"]Cripps has re-signed

Carlton will not play finals for atleast another 5 years and there is still a heap of pain to come. Very good loyalty of anyone to go through that[/quote]It was 10 years until the Blues played finals not that long ago, Jim. That $100 charity bet is looking good :)

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1490 times
Been liked: 563 times

Postby Turbo » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:04 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Turbo wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
Turbo wrote:[quote="hollywood7477"]Cripps has re-signed

Carlton will not play finals for atleast another 5 years and there is still a heap of pain to come. Very good loyalty of anyone to go through that[/quote]

Was referring to Cripps [emoji849]
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:23 pm

Carlton to offer pick 1 to the crows, what the crows gonna give carlton for mighty henley shark jack lukosius :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:42 pm

marbles wrote:Carlton to offer pick 1 to the crows, what the crows gonna give carlton for mighty henley shark jack lukosius :)

Kyle Cheney.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 1223 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mots02 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:45 pm

marbles wrote:Carlton to offer pick 1 to the crows, what the crows gonna give carlton for mighty henley shark jack lukosius :)

Rob Lukosius
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 898 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby mots02 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:50 pm

And we’ll throw in a key forward...Sarah Perkins
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 898 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby MW » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:54 pm

Brett Burton
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2635 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:54 pm

Will Lukosios be a genuine superstar, or will he be another Sam Durdin? In recent years most of the tall forwards who have dominated at U18's and been high draft picks haven't really set the world on fire - Schache, McCartin, Boyd, Patton etc
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 533 times

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Will Lukosios be a genuine superstar, or will he be another Sam Durdin? In recent years most of the tall forwards who have dominated at U18's and been high draft picks haven't really set the world on fire - Schache, McCartin, Boyd, Patton etc

well he's playing league footy already, them other dudes well they werent.

crows might prefer a Rankine i reckon
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby MW » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:00 pm

marbles wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

not if we lose Gov
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2635 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:03 pm

marbles wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

There have been plenty of guys play league footy in their draft year that haven't even been drafted. I have no doubt he will be a very high draft pick and with that comes a lot of pressure to be an instant superstar. Very tough gig being a tall forward. I hope he goes well, but I also hope people have some patience and allow him to develop.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 533 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL