Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby MW » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:24 am

quite normal from memory. these days with free agency I think you need too to take the speculation away
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:44 am

MW wrote:Interesting to hear Rob Chapman say on TripleM this morning to watch out for two more signings during the week. Thompson is one I would guess. Who would be the other?

Would piss my self laughing if this includes Dangerfield......

With the back end of the season form they have how could you leave for a side with blokes being shown the door left right and centre?
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:00 am

If the main reason for him considering his future is the go home factor for him and his partner then I would think on-field success would be second in the decision making process.

If they both want to go home, they both want to go home.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7630 times
Been liked: 11099 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:15 am

Booney wrote:If the main reason for him considering his future is the go home factor for him and his partner then I would think on-field success would be second in the decision making process.

he has always said onfield success is also part of the decision.

Basically I read it as he will definitely end up going back home at some point in time. Whether that is now, or whether that is in 3 years time, or when his career is over, he is still trying to decide.

I think he genuinely likes playing at the crows and wants to stay here, but also knows he will go home at some point. Just depends on when
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MW » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:18 am

Which is why if he resigns with the crows, it would be on a 2 year deal.
MW
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:22 am

MW wrote:Which is why if he resigns with the crows, it would be on a 2 year deal.

that puts the crows in an interesting position - trade for him now or let him walk in 2 years time?

If we could get two first rounders it would be super tempting to trade him, as much as it would hurt the crows in the short term.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:47 am

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:If the main reason for him considering his future is the go home factor for him and his partner then I would think on-field success would be second in the decision making process.

he has always said onfield success is also part of the decision.

Basically I read it as he will definitely end up going back home at some point in time. Whether that is now, or whether that is in 3 years time, or when his career is over, he is still trying to decide.

I think he genuinely likes playing at the crows and wants to stay here, but also knows he will go home at some point. Just depends on when

I think his first deflection was to see what happened with the coaching after Sanderson was arseholed. Clearly Walsh made an impression on the playing group, his horrible untimely death has clearly also brought the group very close together, they're playing for each other and him at the moment.

I guess Dangerfield is also deciding can the short period of time Walsh had with the group be enough to have them working towards the same cause long term. I think a Camporeale appointment might keep help Dangerfield here. As we keep hearing, different voices but the same message.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:52 am

I've been very impressed with campo. Wasn't a huge fan, but he speaks very well at press conferences, seems to be a measured, considered bloke.

Him and worsfold continuing on in their current roles would be great in my opinion.

It has been a little weird that there has been not a lot of speculation on the crows new coach. Maybe just because we are still in finals? To me it points to campo possibly staying
bennymacca
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:59 am

bennymacca wrote:I've been very impressed with campo. Wasn't a huge fan, but he speaks very well at press conferences, seems to be a measured, considered bloke.

Him and worsfold continuing on in their current roles would be great in my opinion.

It has been a little weird that there has been not a lot of speculation on the crows new coach. Maybe just because we are still in finals? To me it points to campo possibly staying

Yeah I get that same feeling to. TBH Ive never been a Camporeale fan, but he has surprised me since moving into the chair. Adelaide seem a pretty buoyant club at the moment.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4470 times
Been liked: 3012 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:01 pm

I don't know it would be Campo without Worsfold. Both or nothing I think. I don't know Campo would like to be in the seat without a senior head alongside/above him, not sure Adelaide would want it either.

I've said it a couple of times, I wonder if they've contacted Mark Williams?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:07 pm

Not sure Choco would be ideal for the Coaching Director type of role considering what role he has been doing at Richmond.
MW
Coach

Postby another grub » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:08 pm

You can read too much in to people being good coaches just because they take over a team that is injury free and going well. Look at Bolton.
BL are $1-00-2 :shock: thats not even $1-01
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 1137 times
Been liked: 646 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:11 pm

Booney wrote:I don't know it would be Campo without Worsfold. Both or nothing I think. I don't know Campo would like to be in the seat without a senior head alongside/above him, not sure Adelaide would want it either.

I've said it a couple of times, I wonder if they've contacted Mark Williams?

Williams would be far from the worst candidate. I was surprised when he didnt get the GWS role.

I dont see him doing it though

another grub wrote:You can read too much in to people being good coaches just because they take over a team that is injury free and going well. Look at Bolton.

This is a pretty fair point too - Adelaide are having probably their best ever run with injuries at the moment, touch wood.

The reverse is also true - look at what Leppitsch and Eade have had to work with this season, and everyone has written them off as coaches in the space of a year. McKenna too.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:13 pm

another grub wrote:You can read too much in to people being good coaches just because they take over a team that is injury free and going well. Look at Bolton.

Very good point. A squad with some real top end talent, pretty good depth, a few "average" players making a step up/playing above themselves, no injuries and (sadly) a real motivating factor for the group.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Leppa is in another league of his own...just ask Redden!
MW
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:15 pm

bennymacca wrote:I've been very impressed with campo. Wasn't a huge fan, but he speaks very well at press conferences, seems to be a measured, considered bloke.

He's done well considering what he had to take over. Surely he was serious about applying he would have a word to Worsfold and ask him to consider staying in that role.
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:19 pm

Booney wrote:

Very good point. A squad with some real top end talent, pretty good depth, a few "average" players making a step up/playing above themselves, no injuries and (sadly) a real motivating factor for the group.

I tell you what, if anyone told me that Atkins and Knight would be playing significant roles in our team when we had basically no injuries to speak of, i would have told you you had rocks in your head.

So impressed with their development.

They are pretty much exactly what the crows have been crying out for for a couple of seasons now - outside legspeed with decent skills.

I think we still need another attacking midfielder with elite skills, but if you take those two lads out and put Wright and CEY in, we are a much worse team, even though those two lads are arguably better footballers.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:28 pm

It is a good point, but he can only oversee what he has to work with. The Crows are healthy at the moment, but he could still **** it up.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4470 times
Been liked: 3012 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Spargo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:35 pm

JK wrote:

It is a good point, but he can only oversee what he has to work with. The Crows are healthy at the moment, but he could still **** it up.

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5704 times
Been liked: 5276 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Hefty » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:43 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Chuck Wepner wrote:
RustyCage wrote:He's happy because everyone is paying attention to him
Dangerfield enjoying the spotlight :shock: .No surely not!

The most shameless self obsessed bloke in the football industry.

I'll raise you Chad Whingard
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL