West Coast Eagles Season 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: West Coast Eagles Season 2015

Postby MW » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:12 am

By the time the Barretts, Caros, Ralphs, Stevens, Robbos etc have been through with this, all clubs will be exposed.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2645 times
Been liked: 1869 times

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:45 am

JK wrote:
whufc wrote:
MW wrote:Watch this space. Essendon mark 2.

Yep wouldn't be surprised if we see some form of high end investigation into a lot of the going ons during that period throughout all clubs.

I think that period generally coincides with the lifestyle of mobile phones where being publically drunk was far to easy to be found out so players looked for alternative highs which could be hidden better

They can't actually catch any of the blokes with substances in their system though, so Im not sure how much could be done. The AFL did a pretty good job of sweeping it under the carpet all those years ago. Wasn't just West Coast anyway.

Agree, but unfortunately there were a lot of footballers who weren't very subtle about things back then, I reckon there would be alot of people who may come out and tell 'their' story
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5624 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Q. » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:48 am

MW wrote:Chick said himself, Cousin and Kerr all had permission from ASADA to take the prednisilon cause they are diagnosed asthmatics...but not in those doses surely

prednisone isn't performance enhancing, if anything it would probably have the opposite effect
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby JK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:52 am

whufc wrote:
JK wrote:
whufc wrote:
MW wrote:Watch this space. Essendon mark 2.

Yep wouldn't be surprised if we see some form of high end investigation into a lot of the going ons during that period throughout all clubs.

I think that period generally coincides with the lifestyle of mobile phones where being publically drunk was far to easy to be found out so players looked for alternative highs which could be hidden better

They can't actually catch any of the blokes with substances in their system though, so Im not sure how much could be done. The AFL did a pretty good job of sweeping it under the carpet all those years ago. Wasn't just West Coast anyway.

Agree, but unfortunately there were a lot of footballers who weren't very subtle about things back then, I reckon there would be alot of people who may come out and tell 'their' story

I heard one just this morning about another club (one which I'd heard several stories about before) .. I have no doubt there's SOME truth in these tales that float about, but how much? And how much could ever be proven? How much more of a hit would the AFL want to take to it's brand? I can't see them wanting any of the club's past dirt coming out (lol half the time they don't want the present dirt surfacing).
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Q. » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:53 am

JK wrote:I heard one just this morning about another club (one which I'd heard several stories about before) .. I have no doubt there's SOME truth in these tales that float about, but how much? And how much could ever be proven? How much more of a hit would the AFL want to take to it's brand? I can't see them wanting any of the club's past dirt coming out (lol half the time they don't want the present dirt surfacing).

Rec drug use has been rife across the entire AFL.
Q.
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:57 am

Q. wrote:
JK wrote:I heard one just this morning about another club (one which I'd heard several stories about before) .. I have no doubt there's SOME truth in these tales that float about, but how much? And how much could ever be proven? How much more of a hit would the AFL want to take to it's brand? I can't see them wanting any of the club's past dirt coming out (lol half the time they don't want the present dirt surfacing).

Exactly
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:58 am

Q. wrote:

Yep and anyone who thinks its only a problem at a few clubs is incredibly naive.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Feenix » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:11 am

Q. wrote:

Just like society
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby Q. » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:17 am

Feenix wrote:
Q. wrote:

Just like society

Exactly, they just mirror the statistics for males aged between 18 and 35.
Q.
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:21 am

Q. wrote:
Feenix wrote:
Q. wrote:

Just like society

Exactly, they just mirror the statistics for males aged between 18 and 35.

18-35 year olds that on average earn 3-4 times the national average wage and have a lot of free time
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby helicopterking » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:38 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Not the first club and certaintly won't be the last.

so it's acceptable than?

Chick said they felt invincible and players were being ushered out the back door so they didn't get tested!! No wonder Judd wanted out

Didn't Dale Lewis come out and say Drugs were rife all through the comp. I'm pretty sure you don't say things like that unless you experience at your club also.
What's the update with Buddy lately? Where is he at?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 671 times

Postby Q. » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:03 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Q. wrote:Exactly, they just mirror the statistics for males aged between 18 and 35.

18-35 year olds that on average earn 3-4 times the national average wage and have a lot of free time

Rec drugs are accessible for all demographics, though most of us couldn't blow a grand on coke very often.
Q.
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:56 pm

What I have learnt from this is that its most likely Chick has a book in the works so what better time to launch a bit if PR when your former teams are about to square off in a Grand Final.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Probably getting the help he needs for what ever his issue is. Maybe if the west coast went down that path instead of enabling them we wouldn't be having this discussion
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Chick told his story 12 months ago, why has the media held on to it for so long and then released it on GF week?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3569 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Q. wrote:
MW wrote:Chick said himself, Cousin and Kerr all had permission from ASADA to take the prednisilon cause they are diagnosed asthmatics...but not in those doses surely

prednisone isn't performance enhancing, if anything it would probably have the opposite effect

The Sudafed reference was interesting. I was working on a assembly line at Beverly and had shocking hayfever. I was crook as with my nose dripping like a tap. Being a casual worker I had to suck it up or no cash for me. So I ended up taking eight Sudafeds because I had had enough. It sure did the trick...about half an hour later I was speeding off my bonce. I had tingles on my scalp and I was smashing it on the line yelling out BRING IT ON and shit like that LOL.

I think they changed the make up and then stopped selling them a few years after that. I was 1993 when the above incident occurred. I reckon Sudafed would be performance enhancing.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby MW » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:36 pm

Q. wrote:

"Chick detailed how he would consume large doses of Prednisone on game day with other stimulants - a combination that had the ability to make a person feel "bulletproof", according to leading sports medico Dr Peter Larkins."

He wouldnt take it if it had the opposite effect
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2645 times
Been liked: 1869 times

Postby Q. » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:38 pm

MW wrote:
Q. wrote:

"Chick detailed how he would consume large doses of Prednisone on game day with other stimulants - a combination that had the ability to make a person feel "bulletproof", according to leading sports medico Dr Peter Larkins."

He wouldnt take it if it had the opposite effect

Interesting. I was referring to the catabolic nature of the drug.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:39 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Q. wrote:

The Sudafed reference was interesting. I was working on a assembly line at Beverly and had shocking hayfever. I was crook as with my nose dripping like a tap. Being a casual worker I had to suck it up or no cash for me. So I ended up taking eight Sudafeds because I had had enough. It sure did the trick...about half an hour later I was speeding off my bonce. I had tingles on my scalp and I was smashing it on the line yelling out BRING IT ON and shit like that LOL.

I think they changed the make up and then stopped selling them a few years after that. I was 1993 when the above incident occurred. I reckon Sudafed would be performance enhancing.

regards,

REB

The old formulation of Sudafed contained pseudoephedrine which is banned 'in-competition'.
Q.
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Q. wrote:

regards,

REB

Think you can still get the old stuff, but by prescription only? (Q will know)
FUSC
JK
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL