He would be fringe at best.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:05 am

Hampton would be in that 20-25 range on the list. I wouldnt have him walk up start to our best side like the Crouch, Betts, Lever are, as well as probably Hartigan to a lesser degree than the other 3 mentioned
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:06 am

bennymacca wrote:He would be fringe at best.

Hampton? No way, IMO he is definitely in our best 22, but his injury wont allow him time to condition back this season.

Hampton is a roll player, he isnt a superstar, people forget this, also hasnt had a lot of continuity in his games over the past few years due to injury.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby hawks21 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:Top of the table game + % of course no doom and gloom, but right at the moment it highlights the depth issues as, IMO anyway, Milera simply isn't up to AFL standard.

Not having a great game on the weekend doesn't make him not up to standard

I'm not basing my opinion on one game, I don't think he's up to it (this is a full stop).

I think he showed in the Fremantle game what he is capable of. When he get's the ball he has time and space which you can not teach. Generally uses the ball well, will turn into a silky outside mid/wingman IMO! Obviously needs to work on his consistency, work rate etc but i reckon he is doing alright for a 20 odd game youngster!

Cameron just needs to work on his consistency also, his best is brilliant and is a genuine match winner! His goal kicking needs work, 22.18 this season with majority of those goals fairly easy set sots. Can easily ave 20 touches a game and 40 goal a year player that can play mid/forward!

I'm a huge Riley Knight fan, his last 2 weeks have been solid (especially on Selwood). Developing nicely IMO.

I don't think the first half highlighted our lack of depth....it highlighted that we were flat and didn't turn up. Credit to the Pie for smashing us in every aspect of the game. Credit to Pykey for throwing the magnets around at half time and no doubt giving the boys a kick up the ar$e!

Lever, Betts, Bcrouch back in this week is big.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Talking Footy last night suggested Mitch McGovern :

Adelaide - 2 years x $350,000
Fremantle - 5 years x $750,000
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:41 pm

Booney wrote:Talking Footy last night suggested Mitch McGovern :

Clearly they get all their info from this site. Those exact figures where mentioned on here over the weekend ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby reppoh_eht » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:18 pm

Brodlach wrote:

Clearly they get all their info from this site. Those exact figures where mentioned on here over the weekend ;)

Was mentioned on MMM this morning... Roo said the reporter was well off the mark. We will probably never know exactly what was on offer though...

$350k is now the average wage, no way Crows are only offering that. Unless we are offering Lever $1.2m ;) :roll:
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby stan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Brodlach wrote:

That info was also floated on big footy and we all know when the journos are looking at flogging a story they are not really concerned with the quality of the source. Bigfooty has provided the basis for many shocking rumours in the past. Whilst 1 in 100 might be accurate this has never stopped the media with running with the rest.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:42 am

Melbourne media ambulance chasers reporting that Lever met with Melbourne 'officials and players' recently.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2635 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:02 am

What are the opinions of the Crows fans out there on Lever and McGoven? Do you think we'll lose them both, keep both or it'll be one or the other? I'm going in with low expectations so I'm not disappointed if the outcome is the worst news :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby JK » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:04 am

mighty hounds wrote:What are the opinions of the Crows fans out there on Lever and McGoven? Do you think we'll lose them both, keep both or it'll be one or the other? I'm going in with low expectations so I'm not disappointed if the outcome is the worst news :lol:

Not a Crows fan, but think best result is you'll keep 1, likely Lever
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby JK » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:05 am

reppoh_eht wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Was mentioned on MMM this morning... Roo said the reporter was well off the mark. We will probably never know exactly what was on offer though...

Roo wasn't overly convincing (your last statement spot on though)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:08 am

JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:What are the opinions of the Crows fans out there on Lever and McGoven? Do you think we'll lose them both, keep both or it'll be one or the other? I'm going in with low expectations so I'm not disappointed if the outcome is the worst news :lol:

If we get one which one is preferred? I'm hoping being in contention for a flag will help them stick around for a couple more years and then see where the clubs at. They'll both be about 22 23 then and still have plenty of footy ahead of them and be able to get a significant pay rise.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:09 am

mighty hounds wrote:
JK wrote:

If we get one which one is preferred? I'm hoping being in contention for a flag will help them stick around for a couple more years and then see where the clubs at. They'll both be about 22 23 then and still have plenty of footy ahead of them and be able to get a significant pay rise.

Given your forward stocks are probably competition leading, Lever is definitely the one worth hanging onto.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:11 am

My inkling is we will sign both, but on shorter deals, say 2 year deals. We are clearly in the midst of a premiership run, while the WA clubs are sliding (WCE) or have fallen (Freo), so Mitch may want to stay with us while we are up and they re-build, then thin about joining.. Melbourne are building nicely, but are clearly a year or 2 away from a solid premiership tilt, so Lever again may want to ride out our chances then re-assess in 2 years, and commit to a club long term then..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:13 am

human_torpedo wrote:My inkling is we will sign both, but on shorter deals, say 2 year deals. We are clearly in the midst of a premiership run, while the WA clubs are sliding (WCE) or have fallen (Freo), so Mitch may want to stay with us while we are up and they re-build, then thin about joining.. Melbourne are building nicely, but are clearly a year or 2 away from a solid premiership tilt, so Lever again may want to ride out our chances then re-assess in 2 years, and commit to a club long term then..

I like your thinking HT but if that was the case wouldn't they have signed by now? Wouldn't mind seeing the stats of out of contract players staying at clubs when the talks have gone on this late in the season.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby mots02 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:16 am

the challenge for the Crows is that other clubs are offering first or second tall forward prices for a guy who is currently 3rd or 4th tall forward option at Adelaide.

2 things will be interesting - will the crows give in and pay the market price for someone who will then become the most expensive 3rd or 4th tall at a club in the comp or if they dont and he leaves, will he be able to have the same impact attracting the best or second best defender each week?

i like McGovern but $750k is price based more on potential than current impact.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 898 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:19 am

mighty hounds wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:My inkling is we will sign both, but on shorter deals, say 2 year deals. We are clearly in the midst of a premiership run, while the WA clubs are sliding (WCE) or have fallen (Freo), so Mitch may want to stay with us while we are up and they re-build, then thin about joining.. Melbourne are building nicely, but are clearly a year or 2 away from a solid premiership tilt, so Lever again may want to ride out our chances then re-assess in 2 years, and commit to a club long term then..

I like your thinking HT but if that was the case wouldn't they have signed by now? Wouldn't mind seeing the stats of out of contract players staying at clubs when the talks have gone on this late in the season.

Were waiting on the CBA, since the Crows had no rise clauses attached to contracts. Now simply trying to maximise salary I guess

I hope anyway, I could be wrong and we lose both
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby MW » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:20 am

Haggling over money would be the reason they haven't signed yet.
Crows (well known) low ball. It's a habit they need to get out of as it has cost them talent.
The only bargaining chip they have in these instances is Lever and Gov are not free agents, so if we lose them, it will not be for nothing.
the numbers talked about for Gov are a joke, but if he gets offered that from a WA club, good luck to him. Crows need to get closer clearly but not sell the farm on Gov.
Lever I would pay him what he wants though. Regardless that he is normally the 3rd tall, his contested marking ability down back and run off his opponent is already elite, and would transfer even if he was the 1st or 2nd defender. Can't afford to lose him.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2635 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby mots02 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:23 am

MW wrote:Haggling over money would be the reason they haven't signed yet.
Crows (well known) low ball. It's a habit they need to get out of as it has cost them talent.
The only bargaining chip they have in these instances is Lever and Gov are not free agents, so if we lose them, it will not be for nothing.
the numbers talked about for Gov are a joke, but if he gets offered that from a WA club, good luck to him. Crows need to get closer clearly but not sell the farm on Gov.
Lever I would pay him what he wants though. Regardless that he is normally the 3rd tall, his contested marking ability down back and run off his opponent is already elite, and would transfer even if he was the 1st or 2nd defender. Can't afford to lose him.

Yep, thats the bit that gets left off of all of these rumours.

who are Melbourne stumping up to get the deal done?

Who are freo likely to put on the table?
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 898 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL