Port Adelaide 2022

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
How bizarre that a 19 year old wants to move back to his home state?

You always run the risk when you recruit interstate talent, you can argue all you like about it but it's a tough ask to go move interstate by yourself as a young lad, moreso if you're working in an environment that you aren't enjoying.

if he was 100% genuine about wanting to come home he wouldn't have ruled out the Crows, if not Port he would rather stay at North

Would you like to play for the crows with their recent off-field controversy? His step-father played for Port, he's just trying to cut out wasting another two years.

So is he homesick or not?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3567 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:11 am

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Would you like to play for the crows with their recent off-field controversy? His step-father played for Port, he's just trying to cut out wasting another two years.

So is he homesick or not?

That's what he said.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:17 am

Dutchy wrote:“He’s not interested at all at even looking or speaking to the Adelaide Football Club."

Because he knows they wouldn't be able to get the deal done this year, at least his management does.

Like me asking Jennifer Hawkins to join me and the Mrs on a weekend away, no point asking. :(
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:19 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:“He’s not interested at all at even looking or speaking to the Adelaide Football Club."

Because he knows they wouldn't be able to get the deal done this year, at least his management does.

Like me asking Jennifer Hawkins to join me and the Mrs on a weekend away, no point asking. :(

Depends on how desperate they were to get him....Rachele and a first rounder next year would get it done. ;) :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5611 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:28 am

Booney wrote:

So you are telling me they haven't even picked up the phone to the Crows or vice versa? This was the club offering 3 1st rounders this time last year for him!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3567 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:34 am

Booney wrote:

You only live once, just ask!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2528 times

Postby mots02 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:35 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

So you are telling me they haven't even picked up the phone to the Crows or vice versa? This was the club offering 3 1st rounders this time last year for him!

Did Booney offer 3 first rounders for Jen last year?
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 898 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:36 am

Its going to be one of the most interesting trades.....

Kangas cant take any less than a first rounder (either this year or next) and a Butters or two first rounders one this year, one next year. That has to be their minimum nothing under that can even be thrown on the table.

There is no way Port are going to be willing to give two first rounders plus Butters....that wouldn't even be on the table for them.

A no deal puts both clubs in a bit of a predicament. North have a player who doesn't want to be there and who knows what JHF reaction is if Port cant get a deal done especially if he think his worth a lot.

Could Duursma fit into all of this....from Victoria, has shown some potential but cant really stay on the park and would clearly be behind Butters, Wines, Rozee, JHF.

When he signed his contract last year he said he 'desperately wanted to be a permanent midfielder. His contract ends 2024 so could be looking to go home then anyway if he isnt getting the midfield minutes he wants.
Last edited by whufc on Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:37 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:JHF + F3rd for pick8 F1st F2nd

I hope North make him stay. He's a ******* flog even asking for a trade after one year. What a cockhead.

I agree.
The lad should stick it out for one more year as agreed then look to move on.
He just looks like a petulant sook!

How bizarre that a 19 year old wants to move back to his home state?

You always run the risk when you recruit interstate talent, you can argue all you like about it but it's a tough ask to go move interstate by yourself as a young lad, moreso if you're working in an environment that you aren't enjoying.

If I was 19 and had coin I’d much rather live in Melbourne.

I think if any other Melbourne club had drafted him then he would at least stay the 2 years in Melbourne before looking elsewhere.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2528 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:44 am

whufc wrote:A no deal puts both clubs in a bit of a predicament. North have a player who doesn't want to be there and who knows what JHF reaction is if Port cant get a deal done especially if he think his worth a lot.

Don't agree with that, this kid is the one wanting out of NM and electing PA - it's not like they're aggressively chasing him. They fit his needs more than vice versa.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4038 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:45 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

That they no longer have? Yes. That's them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:48 am

amber_fluid wrote:I think if any other Melbourne club had drafted him then he would at least stay the 2 years in Melbourne before looking elsewhere.

BINGO!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:51 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:A no deal puts both clubs in a bit of a predicament. North have a player who doesn't want to be there and who knows what JHF reaction is if Port cant get a deal done especially if he think his worth a lot.

Don't agree with that, this kid is the one wanting out of NM and electing PA - it's not like they're aggressively chasing him. They fit his needs more than vice versa.

I agree thats how it should work but is it how it works in the mind of an 19 year old number one draft pick most sort after player in a fair few years.

If it comes out Port weren't willing to give up two first rounders (i think Port will however) i'm not sure his going to feel Port wanted him that bad.

Either way its a fascinating trade.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:54 am

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I agree thats how it should work but is it how it works in the mind of an 19 year old number one draft pick most sort after player in a fair few years.

If it comes out Port weren't willing to give up two first rounders (i think Port will however) i'm not sure his going to feel Port wanted him that bad.

Either way its a fascinating trade.

It will be 2 x 1st round and Port will currently be working the management of several players to see if they'd be willing to move.

I'd say - Bonner, Hayes, Frederick and, if pushed, Drew ( who JHF would replace ) would be getting spoken too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:55 am

Personally it feels like he rates himself higher than he deserves. I'm not sure i would sell the farm for him on potential - and if he remains at North Melb next year and that goes south, he could very well find himself undesirable by most clubs end of next year.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4038 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:59 am

The Bedge wrote:Personally it feels like he rates himself higher than he deserves. I'm not sure i would sell the farm for him on potential - and if he remains at North Melb next year and that goes south, he could very well find himself undesirable by most clubs end of next year.

It's not him putting the price on his head/talent, it's the industry and North and, rightly so. You invest a lot in the drafting process and to invest pick 1 into a player you want some return on that investment. You'd like to think you've done enough work to know what you're getting.

Perhaps they were just that inept that they didn't do the work? Who knows.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:03 pm

The Bedge wrote:Personally it feels like he rates himself higher than he deserves. I'm not sure i would sell the farm for him on potential - and if he remains at North Melb next year and that goes south, he could very well find himself undesirable by most clubs end of next year.

Yeah, I think we all expected an AA plus the Rising Star award in his first year, perhaps he did too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:04 pm

Booney wrote:

It's not him putting the price on his head/talent, it's the industry and North and, rightly so. You invest a lot in the drafting process and to invest pick 1 into a player you want some return on that investment. You'd like to think you've done enough work to know what you're getting.

Or perhaps they did do the work but being the number 1 pick and playing AFL has gone to the players head and he lacked he discipline, work rate, attitude he once had.

You would think Port would most definitely be making phone calls, touching base with contacts trying to get as much information about what happened inside the four walls at the Kangas before they sell the farm. They will obviously try and get him either way but it might shape somewhat how much there willing to risk...
whufc
Coach

Postby mots02 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:17 pm

Booney wrote:

Safe to say it was exhaustive?
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 898 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Trader » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:19 pm

Well, what a comprehensive smashing we copped on Friday night.
The first Showdown for Women, there was a big build up, and while everyone knew the crows would win (port were double figures with the bookies), what perhaps was a surprise was the fact that Port couldn't manage a single major for the night.

DeMelo was running into open goal in the first quarter, but fumbled the pick up, found herself with the ball in the pocket and then missed her boot with the ball. It was a sign of things to come.

Chelsea smashed us all over the ground. She started in the middle, won the clearances, then pushed forward with superior work rate and found herself kicking goal after goal.
I don't expect our 17 year old's who are 14 weeks into their AFLW careers to beat the likes of Randel who have been in the system for 7 seasons now. But I did expect a better effort.
Time and time again port had numbers behind the ball, yet crows players were able to lead out and take uncontested marks inside their forward 50.
Getting beaten by a better side is fine, not trying isn't.

Well, to try and find some positives from a 10 goal beating.
Mules played her best game in port colours.
Boag on debut showed enough.

Beyond that, well um, not sure. Perhaps Borg continuing on after taking one to the face from Waterhouse who will now spend a week on the sidelines.

It's clear we are lacking talls. Our backline is undersized but tries hard.
In the middle Levecki is still brand new to footy.
Dropping Teakle was the correct decision, she just hasn't made an impact, but it does leave us small.

Houghton running laps last week, hopefully she'll be back in a fortnight, that will straighten us up up forward.
McGrath's injury is also hurting our structure. Get her back in and we'll look a lot better.

Oh, and while she's certainly no tall, hopefully they bring Sachi back in, no idea why she got dropped. Very stiff if you ask me.

Hawks this week. Two weeks ago we would have been short priced favourites, however Goddard has the hawks playing ok footy all of a sudden. They've won their last two and we haven't. A flight to Melbourne then a bus ride down to Frankston. The girls need to bounce back this week.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL