Round 22 - Possibilities and Probabilities.

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 22 - Possibilities and Probabilities.

Postby westozfalcon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:17 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I have absolutely no idea how players manage to dive with such apparent ease :? One of the first things I learnt as a junior was to keep your feet and be strong in a contest, I've had times where i've been pushed hard in the back but still cant bring myself or rather refuse to fall over :? I think it's just natural instinct.

If someone walked up to you in the street and pushed you I would be very suprised if you fell over, i'm sure 9/10 people would stagger and try to remain on their feet.

Divers = fairies

You draw a very good parallel there.

Diving is to a large degree a self respect thing... or lack of it.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:10 pm

the joker wrote:i heard that if it was a north or essendon home final it will be at etihad because the afl are pissed off at MCC for making the MCG not available for two weeks next year

AFL website has listed it at the MCG.
I would love that, we play there 7 times this year and North twice so might give us some advantage. The crowd factor would nearly turn it into a home game for us, at Etihad the 55k crowd would be probably a 55/45 split Norths way, at MCG should get 70-80k and that would be 60/40 our way.
The staggering stat is that in the 6 games we have played there this year in first quarters we are 24.17 to 3.16.
Our fans are definately praying for this especially as we play at the MCG this week, all this could change very quickly though, lose to Carlton and we could end up travelling to Perth or Adelaide
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3561 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:08 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Q. wrote:Very little outrage this week on the massive dive that a Geelong player took...

Probably because it wasn't that bad.

Haha...bullshit, it was terrible. Bartel has enough credits in the bank for us to forgive and forget that one, the likes of Thomas doesn't, he's not good enough to overlook the stuff he does.

Jimmy would be red faced at this mornings match review down at the Cattery. The boys would be giving it to him for sure.

Didn't like it. But he won't be the only Cat player red faced after that second half. Shithouse.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:09 pm

Q. wrote:Very little outrage this week on the massive dive that a Geelong player took...

Very little outrage this week about Puopolo getting two frees in front of goal by bending at the knee and shrugging the tackle high. Selwood was spewing. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby helicopterking » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:33 pm

Dermott only pipes up when West coast do it.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:37 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Probably because it wasn't that bad.

Haha...bullshit, it was terrible. Bartel has enough credits in the bank for us to forgive and forget that one, the likes of Thomas doesn't, he's not good enough to overlook the stuff he does.

Jimmy would be red faced at this mornings match review down at the Cattery. The boys would be giving it to him for sure.

Didn't like it. But he won't be the only Cat player red faced after that second half. Shithouse.

regards,

REB

It was interesting to watch. Either Scott was helpless and tried everything he could and it made no difference or he simply let it play out as a teaching mechanism for the playing group.

He didn't seem too fussed after the game so I suspect it was the latter....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:02 pm

I dont think Scott is that smart Booney
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL