Port Adelaide 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Postby dedja » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:37 am

kickinit wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:The greedy SANFL. "You do realise" that this organisation is the major part on why your clubs arse is above ground right now and whilst you love to brag about your history you love to shit on the organisation and its history that made this all possible for well over 100 years before you entered with the big boys. Absolutely shits me when I hear any Power supporter do this and it makes it worse when they weren't there supporting them 3 years ago and in no doubt as soon as it gets hard they'll piss off again.

Back to the point good luck getting the funding Nation wide to get a College structure funded. I think the SANFL is doing a top job and the SAAFL is doing fine.stiff shit to the country leagues who get funding from SANFL clubs and there is no where enough coin generated from the AFL to support and strengthen all Amateur and CountryLeagues nation wide.

You do realise we would of been fine if the SANFL hadn't given us money don't you?

Still using the Ptolemaic system I see ... ever heard of Copernicus?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 1041 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:23 pm

dedja wrote:
kickinit wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:The greedy SANFL. "You do realise" that this organisation is the major part on why your clubs arse is above ground right now and whilst you love to brag about your history you love to shit on the organisation and its history that made this all possible for well over 100 years before you entered with the big boys. Absolutely shits me when I hear any Power supporter do this and it makes it worse when they weren't there supporting them 3 years ago and in no doubt as soon as it gets hard they'll piss off again.

Back to the point good luck getting the funding Nation wide to get a College structure funded. I think the SANFL is doing a top job and the SAAFL is doing fine.stiff shit to the country leagues who get funding from SANFL clubs and there is no where enough coin generated from the AFL to support and strengthen all Amateur and CountryLeagues nation wide.

You do realise we would of been fine if the SANFL hadn't given us money don't you?

Port fans. Better stick to Hewey, Dewey and Louie.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Happy Endings » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:18 pm

Haven't been hearing much about our pre season. Any word on how we are tracking?
Happy Endings
Rookie

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: West Gambier

Postby kickinit » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:31 pm

dedja wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Do you actually believe the AFL wouldn't of stepped in if the SANFl hadn't? Why do you think the AFL was so quick to make the rule for Essendon to be able to sign anyone that hadn't been drafted in the last 2 drafts, if their players are to be heavily suspended? You do realise that TV deal to the AFL is worth a lot more without 1 team then what the SANFL gave Port.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:59 pm

Happy Endings wrote:Haven't been hearing much about our pre season. Any word on how we are tracking?

Its been pretty quiet on the media front- we need AFL 360 back on the telly, to return their weekly PAFC wankfest :lol:

Cornes predictably won the 3km TT on 3/1 by 15 seconds (unsure of who finished 2nd), with as many as 7 players running PB's.

Karl Amon is a name being mentioned regularly as a round 1 bolter. Had an outstanding pre-season camp in Dubai and has picked up where he left off in the new year. My eyes will be affixed firmly on him come our intra club trial on Feb 27th. All SAFooty PAFC fans- get to that game if you are keen on a beer and a catchup, I know a few of us are already going!

Welcome to the forum also HE- nice to have another PAFC poster contributing to the boards :D
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1174 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby RustyCage » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:02 pm

John Butchers first full preseason and seems to have changed his kicking style a bit
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:21 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Happy Endings wrote:Haven't been hearing much about our pre season. Any word on how we are tracking?

Its been pretty quiet on the media front- we need AFL 360 back on the telly, to return their weekly PAFC wankfest :lol:

Cornes predictably won the 3km TT on 3/1 by 15 seconds (unsure of who finished 2nd), with as many as 7 players running PB's.

Karl Amon is a name being mentioned regularly as a round 1 bolter. Had an outstanding pre-season camp in Dubai and has picked up where he left off in the new year. My eyes will be affixed firmly on him come our intra club trial on Feb 27th. All SAFooty PAFC fans- get to that game if you are keen on a beer and a catchup, I know a few of us are already going!

Welcome to the forum also HE- nice to have another PAFC poster contributing to the boards :D

I assume the trial on the 27th is closely followed by the pre season Showdown trial at one of the suburban grounds as they did last year. Did I maybe even hear that could be at Aami.

Personally I'm pretty happy the pre season has been low key. Almost as if they feel like they have nothing to talk up until it's time to let our actions do the talking. Should hopefully be an exciting year to be a member. 8)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Been liked: 852 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:49 pm

RustyCage wrote:John Butchers first full preseason and seems to have changed his kicking style a bit

He had a kicking style?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5555 times
Been liked: 5180 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby RustyCage » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:01 pm

Hopefully will narrow his goal kicking accuracy to within less than 180 degrees of the goals this year
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:05 pm

RustyCage wrote:Hopefully will narrow his goal kicking accuracy to within less than 180 degrees of the goals this year

Surely we try the lad at CHB. That could be his Futcha ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:42 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

I assume the trial on the 27th is closely followed by the pre season Showdown trial at one of the suburban grounds as they did last year. Did I maybe even hear that could be at Aami.

Personally I'm pretty happy the pre season has been low key. Almost as if they feel like they have nothing to talk up until it's time to let our actions do the talking. Should hopefully be an exciting year to be a member. 8)

You heard right Wristy.

March 8- PAFC v WCE @ Norwood
March 14- PAFC v RFC @ Albury
March 21- PAFC v AFC @ AAMI

Will we be seeing you at Alberton on the 27th?
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:40 pm

valleys07 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

You heard right Wristy.

March 8- PAFC v WCE @ Norwood
March 14- PAFC v RFC @ Albury
March 21- PAFC v AFC @ AAMI

Will we be seeing you at Alberton on the 27th?

Working the Aami game on the 21st mate. Should get a good look at them then. Remember how excited the Crows were when they won by ten goals last year :D I want to see that glimmer of hope in their eyes before we crush it come Showdown.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:02 am

Been a very quiet preseason on the whole AFL front I think.

The loss of Hughes took ( and rightly so ) the attention of the sporting world, in Australia anyway, for several weeks.

The summer of cricket has been very closely watched by us all.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7532 times
Been liked: 10839 times

Postby Failed Creation » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:54 am

valleys07 wrote:

Try and keep me away!
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:01 am

Failed Creation wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Try and keep me away!

I'm here now, am I a bit early?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:54 am

Booney wrote:

Been a very quiet preseason on the whole AFL front I think.

The loss of Hughes took ( and rightly so ) the attention of the sporting world, in Australia anyway, for several weeks.

The summer of cricket has been very closely watched by us all.

the a-league seems to have increased its exposure again, maybe due to the asian cup coming.

also with a packed cricket schedule and a world cup in australia, there is less dead air in the sports reports that is usually filled by "butcher's futcha is here" :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby valleys07 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:05 am

Booney wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Try and keep me away!

I'm here now, am I a bit early?

Not if they are training there today!

valleys07
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Nah. Now that it's back to boring old Hawthorn premierships nobody gives a rats about the AFL.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Happy Endings » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:39 pm

valleys07 wrote:

Thanks mate. Hopefully we take another step this year...actually make that two.

Confidence in January is like dancing with your sister but I think we ar on the right track.
Happy Endings
Rookie

Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: West Gambier

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:11 am

JACKSON Trengove will undergo surgery this week after injuring his shoulder during a marking contest at training.

Although it's a disappointing setback for the key backman, he should return to the running track within 10 days according to Port Adelaide's head of high performance Darren Burgess.

The 24-year-old, positioned to play his 100th game early this season, will aim to be fully fit for Round 1, given his strong history of injury rehabilitation.

He missed just four games after ankle sugery midway through 2014.

“We expect Jackson should be able to maintain his fitness, to a large degree, as he’ll be able to do most of the team running over the pre-season,” Burgess told portadelaidefc.com.au.

“He does have very good recuperative powers and he does everything right in terms of his rehab so we’re hopeful of a speedy recovery."

Port Adelaide's pre-season got underway at the beginning of January and will culiminate with the NAB Challenge in March.

It's first public internal trial will take place on Friday 27 February at Alberton Oval.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL