Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby kickinit » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:58 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
kickinit wrote:
dedja wrote:LOL, figjam much?

just telling how it is.

When you guys actually achieve something then others might take notice.
A lot of backslapping going on for a side that finished fourth, you did ok this year but at the end of the day you won the same ammount of flags as the Crows and 16 other sides this year

I think you meant to say finished third. You also realise that we are the 3rd youngest side in the AFL and lost a prelim by 3 points to one of the best side going around for the last couple of years. My clubs future is very bright especially when you compare it to the other club in this state.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby smac » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:40 pm

That other club who also lost a close preliminary final to hawthorn and thought their future was bright?
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Fricky » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:43 pm

Channel 7 saying that Phil Walsh with be announced as the new coach tomorrow
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby kickinit » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:45 pm

smac wrote:That other club who also lost a close preliminary final to hawthorn and thought their future was bright?

Trying to compare the crows 2012 to port 2014 is almost as stupid as comparing buddy to frawley
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby smac » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:49 pm

Ok.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby CoverKing » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:08 pm

kickinit wrote:
smac wrote:That other club who also lost a close preliminary final to hawthorn and thought their future was bright?

Trying to compare the crows 2012 to port 2014 is almost as stupid as comparing buddy to frawley

Wouldn't have thought.
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby dedja » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:11 pm

If you believe all the rumours then the Crows will be Port soon anyway ... :lol:
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:30 pm

The end of the day Port done well this year and their future looks bright. Future means **** all. I still remember Ports "revolution" marketing campaign in 2008. Almost drove the club off a cliff in 4 years. Not the same situation but the point is talk means **** all especially from an opiniated keyboard wonder supporter.

I hope Port go on and do the state proud by the way as its admirable.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby carey » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:41 pm

Strong word is Phillip Walsh penned a 3 year deal today as head coach. Apparently being made public tomorrow.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby RustyCage » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Great appointment by the crows if true
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:17 pm

kickinit wrote:
Coach Bombay wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Coach Bombay wrote:Facts

Patrick Dangerfield "I love the club, I love the city, and I love playing their, and that's all that needs to be said"
David Noble "Dangerfield will not be traded"
Dangerfield is contracted for 2015
Dangerfield has never expressed a desire to return to Victoria
Dangerfield becomes a restricted free agent not a free agent meaning the crows will have upper hand regardless if dangerfield did a 180 on his statement

#facts

the crows ant going to be successful in his playing time.

The kids still has another 8-9 ahead of him so pretty big call to say we won't be successful. We're not that far behind the kangaroos, essendon, Richmond and Geelong. Wouldn't take the biggest upset for us to get back to finals footy

keep telling yourself your not far behind those clubs, thats all they seem to think down at west lakes. It's funny though that your club champion seems to think different.

wonder what you thought about your club in 2012...
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby kickinit » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:36 am

bennymacca wrote:wonder what you thought about your club in 2012...

That Matthew primus should of never have been coach. He was only selected because people inside he club wanted to have control over the team. Port 2012 is completely different to the crows 2014.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:25 am

Walsh is the new coach according to Kochy
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11911 times
Been liked: 3626 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:38 am

A couple of things. Well done to Phil Walsh who, like Hinkley, he has served at multiple clubs over a long period of time to establish a skill set and ultimately to earn the right to be the senior coach of an AFL club. It's good to see people get reward for effort.

Was he Adelaide's man from the very start, was he the person they had in mind when they sacked Sanderson?

We'll never know....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10815 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:40 am

Kane Cornes will be inconsolable with Walsh leaving Port.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5521 times
Been liked: 5154 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:41 am

Booney wrote:A couple of things. Well done to Phil Walsh who, like Hinkley, he has served at multiple clubs over a long period of time to establish a skill set and ultimately to earn the right to be the senior coach of an AFL club. It's good to see people get reward for effort.

Was he Adelaide's man from the very start, was he the person they had in mind when they sacked Sanderson?

We'll never know....

Amazing that his contact with AFC has been un mentioned until Friday afternoon when the deal was almost done. From all reports a straight shooter and a great tactical football brain, who like you said Boon has done his time. Everything sando wasnt ;)

Dont think it matters if he was who they had in mind when they flicked sando really, if you end up with a good coach all is forgotten.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby bennymacca » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:59 am

dont know much about walsh, other than he seems to be pretty respected in the industry.

onwards and upwards crowboys!
bennymacca
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:59 am

Booney wrote:A couple of things. Well done to Phil Walsh who, like Hinkley, he has served at multiple clubs over a long period of time to establish a skill set and ultimately to earn the right to be the senior coach of an AFL club. It's good to see people get reward for effort.

We'll never know....

I read somewhere yesterday that Adelaide have been in contact with Walsh since august.

Wouldn't have thought that would be the case, given Port, and Adelaide, would have still been in the finals race- but stranger things have happened. We will most likely never know.

Agreed though- A great appointment by the AFC.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bennymacca » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:08 am

valleys07 wrote:

We'll never know....

I read somewhere yesterday that Adelaide have been in contact with Walsh since august.

Wouldn't have thought that would be the case, given Port, and Adelaide, would have still been in the finals race- but stranger things have happened. We will most likely never know.

could have easily been sounding him out for the senior assistants job, then decided he would be a better head coach
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:31 am

bennymacca wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

We'll never know....

could have easily been sounding him out for the senior assistants job, then decided he would be a better head coach

He would not be allowed to move on his contract for "only" a senior assistants job though. They chased him for the senior coach role from the beginning.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL