Expansion or bust....

Talk on the national game

Re: Expansion or bust....

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Zartan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:The AFL will claim the Suns have been a huge success. Aussie Rules participation in Queensland has gone through the roof and I believe has taken over from Rugby League in numbers at junior levels.

I've also heard that's on the back of hard working volunteers and stuff all effort/support provided by QAFL/AFL?

Quite possible but it wont stop that imbecile Gil using those figures to his advantage. They aren't going to admit they got it wrong so the Suns aren't folding or relocating any time soon. They will be propped up for eternity
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3577 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Tiger83 wrote:Surely will be the next $1mill/year player?? Would at least get the leftovers from Abletts contract after he moves back to Sleepy Hollow. Love watching him Play, just hope he has the team to support him. Would hate to seem him so under appreciated and carrying a team all on his own like Pavlich did for his whole career.

Will become a restricted free agent in a couple seasons time - at the time when he should be fully matured and at his best.. hard not to see big offers trying to lure him back to Melbourne.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby Yangebup » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:51 pm

Interesting on footy classified how Hutchy said should the comp go back to just the 12 teams in Victoria?

I thought about it & theres no home ground advantage to any team & no predictable results like Crows v Essendon.

The best & closest games are USUALLY the Victorian teams up against each other too.
Yangebup
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Yangebup wrote:Interesting on footy classified how Hutchy said should the comp go back to just the 12 teams in Victoria?

I thought about it & theres no home ground advantage to any team & no predictable results like Crows v Essendon.

The best & closest games are USUALLY the Victorian teams up against each other too.

Only because they share home grounds, if Windy Hill, Prince's Park, Moorabin were still in use there would greater divides.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7970 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Yangebup wrote:Interesting on footy classified how Hutchy said should the comp go back to just the 12 teams in Victoria?

it was a rhetorical question sarcastically posed to caro when she said she lamented the loss of tradition regarding good friday footy.

He wasnt seriously suggesting they go back to 12 teams.

Saying the best and closest games are with victorian teams up against each other is complete rubbish. With the exception of brisbane and the expansion teams, the worst teams have been victorian for a long time
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:09 pm

I just called it Friday night football. "Good Friday" means zero to me, I have no religious bones in my body*, so the fuss over football being played on any old Friday was over the top for mine. I think the amount of people who, like me, have no connection with the Christian religious dates would be much the same.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7545 times
Been liked: 10874 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Booney wrote:I just called it Friday night football. "Good Friday" means zero to me, I have no religious bones in my body*, so the fuss over football being played on any old Friday was over the top for mine. I think the amount of people who, like me, have no connection with the Christian religious dates would be much the same.

I would think those who have strong connections with Christian religious dates would be among the minority in this country currently.

About time they played footy on Good Friday.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Zartan wrote:
Booney wrote:I just called it Friday night football. "Good Friday" means zero to me, I have no religious bones in my body*, so the fuss over football being played on any old Friday was over the top for mine. I think the amount of people who, like me, have no connection with the Christian religious dates would be much the same.

I would think those who have strong connections with Christian religious dates would be among the minority in this country currently.

About time they played footy on Good Friday.

They're still the majority, make no mistake, but they're dropping off the perch faster than they can recruit new blood.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7545 times
Been liked: 10874 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL