2017 AFL Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2017 AFL Season

Postby JK » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:21 pm

Not sure how true it is, but someone (who should know) told me that these days they can accurately calculate what your BA level would have been at previous points in times after testing (presumably whilst theres still alcohol in the system).
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dutchy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:42 pm

Ports season going well!!!!

Isn't Monfries injured at the moment also?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3570 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:48 pm

Dutchy wrote:Ports season going well!!!!

Yep and going by some of the local residents it seems he has quite the party house going on there
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby locky801 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:59 pm

Magellan wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Surely the club has to suspend him for the first 4-6 games of the year?
And impose a huge fine.

Yes, interesting how the club responds to this. I presume the leadership group at Port will in some way, shape, or form, throw the book at him and rub him out for a while.

The question is, then, what punishment should be applied to those who let Impey leave Monfries' house after allegedly drinking all afternoon? We don't know how much he had drunk, but if (and I emphasise the 'if') he'd been consistently knocking them back during the course of the arvo it's likely he would've been over the limit.

Surely whoever else was there (I'm assuming a number of Port players apart from Monfries and Impey were in attendance) would've known this, and thus had some responsibility to exert some leadership among team-mates and ensure Impey didn't leave the house in a state that would arguably lead to a breach of the law, or potentially something worse. Hopefully none of the leadership group were there too.

Even more so, where did he go, was he hidden etc, possible attempt to pervert course of justice charges as well around, who knows, some reports saying he had been drinking, others say he hadn't, he pissed off for some reason and one would think it wasn't because he had garlic on his breath
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3765 times
Been liked: 1180 times

Postby therisingblues » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:37 pm

JK wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Keith Thomas has confirmed Impey had been drinking. Possible jail sentence looming?

Given greater crimes avoid a jail sentence I'd think no chance .. Both lads will be in plenty of strife at the club I'd say, but maybe a fine and some counselling for JI (or something along those lines)

Reckless driving , possible drink driving, fleeing the scene of an accident. I think if you add the legal jargon that list would blow out to five or six offences.
I imagine he doesn't have a previous record, so probably a fine, possible community service?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:23 pm

therisingblues wrote:
JK wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Keith Thomas has confirmed Impey had been drinking. Possible jail sentence looming?

Given greater crimes avoid a jail sentence I'd think no chance .. Both lads will be in plenty of strife at the club I'd say, but maybe a fine and some counselling for JI (or something along those lines)

Reckless driving , possible drink driving, fleeing the scene of an accident. I think if you add the legal jargon that list would blow out to five or six offences.
I imagine he doesn't have a previous record, so probably a fine, possible community service?

Some talk the damage to vehicles may reach $100k, I'm sure his insurance wouldn't cover that so he might be a little lighter in the pocket this year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:10 am

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:Depends on what he blew and priors of course

No priors but did blow .284.
I would think if someone left the scene and they'd been drinking that it would be an assumption their level was at the top of the scale with an extra penalty on top of that.
Otherwise all piss heads will be driving off.

.284, where is this information from please?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:12 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

I would think if someone left the scene and they'd been drinking that it would be an assumption their level was at the top of the scale with an extra penalty on top of that.

I think Wedgie was referring to his dad's brush with the law, not Impey's.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:15 am

Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

I think Wedgie was referring to his dad's brush with the law, not Impey's.

Ahh,I see. Cheers.

From what I can ascertain to date he left the scene around 7pm, contacted club officials around 12am and fronted to police around 10am Sunday, more than 12 hours after fleeing the scene. So, if he had been drinking and had stopped once he finished his long walk and think I doubt he'd be blow anything at all. The police charges do not include drink driving.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:17 am

No blood test?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5530 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:21 am

Which would have been the motivation to walk away from the scene 17kms to a friends house.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2635 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:24 am

Spargo wrote:No blood test?

Too late to do one now.

Also, I think blood tests are only done if you blow over the limit, or for some legitimate reason you can't submit to a breath test.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:28 am

First and foremost this is a matter for SAPOL to deal with, which I'm sure they will.

From the clubs perspective I'm extremely disappointed in Impey, his actions speak for themselves. I'm even more disappointed in Monfries and any other Port Adelaide player that was present.

If, and I stress if, Impey had had 7,8,10 drinks and intended to drive then those around him, especially the home owner 31 year old Monfries should have been more active in stopping the lad from getting behind the wheel. Without knowing all the circumstances who knows, they may have tried. The lad is going through a grieving process and might not be willing to listen, ultimately he's an adult who should know better anyway.

I've heard rumors, as alluded to by Jim above, that the Monfries house is a pretty busy location for the boys and isn't immune to making some noise. Might be time to pull the heads in a little. Would have been easy for Monfries to let the hair down over the last 12 months with no real high performance KPI's to meet.

Monfries, currently recovering from minor shoulder surgery shouldn't be on the gas either, there's nothing to confirm he was but hey, a pool party at your own home in 32° suggests you'd be a thirsty host.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:43 am

Dutchy wrote:Ports season going well!!!!

"Season", what round is it, how long have I been asleep? Nothing like a good Port bashing, hey mate?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:50 am

Magellan wrote:

Too late to do one now.

Also, I think blood tests are only done if you blow over the limit, or for some legitimate reason you can't submit to a breath test.

What about the possibility of something else being detected in his blood stream?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5530 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:53 am

whufc wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:A Port player living in Norwood and driving an Audi...... Oh how times have changed!

Whilst another does a hit and run, how times haven't changed! :lol:

He allegedly wasn't drinking either........ times have definitely changed! ;)

Funny that!

Apparently wasn't drinking but still felt the need to need run away from the accident knowing that he was still going to get found out due to it being his car.

What was hiding???

I wonder if he is mates with Ben Cousins?

So you're suggesting he's taken an illicit substance?

I guess we need to check, are you mates with all the other idiots out there?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:02 am

Spargo wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Too late to do one now.

What about the possibility of something else being detected in his blood stream?

I guess the cops would've asked themselves the same question, based on his driving.

My understand is drugs (cannabis, ice, ecstasy) are tested by saliva tests, and then followed by a blood test. I don't know how long drugs hang around in your system for the purposes of showing up on a test, so if it's possible to detect it in the last 24 hours I would've thought the cops would've done so, and we'd know because he would have been charged with a drug driving offense.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:21 am

Pure idiotic thing to do but no one knows whether they were on the gas, it is a presumption. Had been drinking according to the the report, that might be two beers for the afternoon.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:34 am

I think Impey was pissed at not being invited to go up the river!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11918 times
Been liked: 3630 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:20 am

Booney wrote:First and foremost this is a matter for SAPOL to deal with, which I'm sure they will.

From the clubs perspective I'm extremely disappointed in Impey, his actions speak for themselves. I'm even more disappointed in Monfries and any other Port Adelaide player that was present.

If, and I stress if, Impey had had 7,8,10 drinks and intended to drive then those around him, especially the home owner 31 year old Monfries should have been more active in stopping the lad from getting behind the wheel. Without knowing all the circumstances who knows, they may have tried. The lad is going through a grieving process and might not be willing to listen, ultimately he's an adult who should know better anyway.

I've heard rumors, as alluded to by Jim above, that the Monfries house is a pretty busy location for the boys and isn't immune to making some noise. Might be time to pull the heads in a little. Would have been easy for Monfries to let the hair down over the last 12 months with no real high performance KPI's to meet.

Monfries, currently recovering from minor shoulder surgery shouldn't be on the gas either, there's nothing to confirm he was but hey, a pool party at your own home in 32° suggests you'd be a thirsty host.

Whilst I understand what you are trying to say with Monfries and any other teammates present.......Impey has no one too blame but himself.
He chose to drive and it's his actions and his actions alone that caused this mess!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2530 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL