Round 11 chit chat

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 11 chit chat

Postby cracka » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Wasn't it pissing down with rain when Collingwood & Port played. Would've kept some away.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 468 times
Been liked: 585 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby carey » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:24 pm

cracka wrote:Wasn't it pissing down with rain when Collingwood & Port played. Would've kept some away.

Cracka, please don't use common sense on here, it has no place.

It wouldn't matter what Port did, they could brake attendance records and the same couple on here will find away to slip one in to Port.

They know who they are.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2804 times
Been liked: 2994 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:32 pm

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:Off track, but how would it be counted or recorded? ( As with Port winning one )

with a big ******* asterix next to it

Record it as a reserves premiership.......just like it would be ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2261 times
Been liked: 2599 times

Postby cracka » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:33 pm

carey wrote:
cracka wrote:Wasn't it pissing down with rain when Collingwood & Port played. Would've kept some away.

Cracka, please don't use common sense on here, it has no place.

It wouldn't matter what Port did, they could brake attendance records and the same couple on here will find away to slip one in to Port.

They know who they are.

Sorry, my bad.
Can i at least say good win by Port. Unfortunately I think it's going to be you or us to make up the 8, cant see both getting in but will be very happy to be wrong.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 468 times
Been liked: 585 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby carey » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:41 pm

I'm realistic mate I think we take Richmonds spot and just miss. Your mob to push top 4 for mine.

Whilst we've played 2 reasonable games, facts are Melbourne didn't rock up and Collingwood had a very average side in. With this being said you can only play the opposition that rocks up. Dogs a huge test this week.

Hope I'm wrong but the 8 is set for mine. Unless Dogs get more injuries or the Eagles start losing at home the rest look safe to me.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2804 times
Been liked: 2994 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:12 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Tom Lynch got a fine!!! Disgrace! Just punches a bloke... How did he not get a game?

Precedent has been set earlier in the season with blokes getting only fined for the same thing. Having said that, Laidler's reaction was pretty weak.
Good to see the AFL looking after their golden boys by not even siting Joel Selwood for bumping Phil Davis in the head - it looked pretty deliberate. But one of their other favourites in Luke Parker wasn't called to account for his similar "effort" v Richmond a few weeks back so we shouldn't be surprised.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5712 times
Been liked: 5277 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:16 pm

carey wrote:I'm realistic mate I think we take Richmonds spot and just miss. Your mob to push top 4 for mine.

Whilst we've played 2 reasonable games, facts are Melbourne didn't rock up and Collingwood had a very average side in. With this being said you can only play the opposition that rocks up. Dogs a huge test this week.

Hope I'm wrong but the 8 is set for mine. Unless Dogs get more injuries or the Eagles start losing at home the rest look safe to me.

Concerning for Port is they're still yet to face Hawthorn, Sydney, Bulldogs, North .. In their favour is that when they get going they can beat anyone.

Just wish I could work out which Port is going to rock up in my bloody footy tips, killing me this year!!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4471 times
Been liked: 3017 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:58 pm

Spargo wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Tom Lynch got a fine!!! Disgrace! Just punches a bloke... How did he not get a game?

Precedent has been set earlier in the season with blokes getting only fined for the same thing. Having said that, Laidler's reaction was pretty weak.
Good to see the AFL looking after their golden boys by not even siting Joel Selwood for bumping Phil Davis in the head - it looked pretty deliberate. But one of their other favourites in Luke Parker wasn't called to account for his similar "effort" v Richmond a few weeks back so we shouldn't be surprised.

Poor bloody North. Top of the ladder playing an 'away' game at your own deck and you're spewing because only one Cat was rubbed out for bullshit.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1729 times
Been liked: 1837 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:05 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Poor bloody North. Top of the ladder playing an 'away' game at your own deck and you're spewing because only one Cat was rubbed out for bullshit.

regards,

REB

He'll get off mate - nothing in the Hawkins one.
The other bloke though... protected
Anyways, did you give up the home game to play at Docklands?
We usually play at Kardinia Pk most years.

Spargo
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Spargo wrote:

Laidler weak? You sure? Punched straight up in the ribs, and it wasn't one of those piss weak love taps
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3068 times
Been liked: 2440 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:39 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Laidler weak? You sure? Punched straight up in the ribs, and it wasn't one of those piss weak love taps

He stands his ground in contests, backs into packs keeping his feet, yet went down this time faster than a Balinese hooker.

Spargo
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:46 pm

Spargo wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Spargo wrote:

He stands his ground in contests, backs into packs keeping his feet, yet went down this time faster than a Balinese hooker.

Find it a touch rich a north Melbourne supporter having a go at someone about falling to the ground to easily. If this happened to Lindsey Thomas he would still be in ICU still trying to get a free kick or he would have found a way to duck in to lynch's fist

So laidler does all that stuff you mentioned but apparently isn't allowed to affected by a punch he didn't see coming to his mid section
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:02 pm

Nothing at all to do with Thomas. Surely the over reactors had their say last week.
Following North shouldn't preclude me from having an opinion on your bloke's "act".

Spargo
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:29 pm

Laidler weak? You sure? Punched straight up in the ribs, and it wasn't one of those piss weak love taps[/quote]
He stands his ground in contests, backs into packs keeping his feet, yet went down this time faster than a Balinese hooker.[/quote][/quote]
Find it a touch rich a north Melbourne supporter having a go at someone about falling to the ground to easily. If this happened to Lindsey Thomas he would still be in ICU still trying to get a free kick or he would have found a way to duck in to lynch's fist

A touch Rich would be a comment coming from a Swans supporter who side won a GF because the exact same offence was over looked in a Prelim which allowed their Full a Forward to play.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 683 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:32 pm

Who was the west coast player who was very lucky to get off before a GF? Was that in 05 or 06? I think his name was Adam hunter

Not the swans fault they had a very good defence team...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:13 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:I understand some points. But in business if your income has risen 25% in a key category at its peak and then within 5 years has dropped back to the base it started at (or below it) then around the boardroom there are knives flying and heads roll. Andy D found that out.

They wouldn't be concerned at all, they wouldn't be stupid enough to compare a premiership year when they played better supported teams prior to the league expanding and crowds dropping across the board to this year. Even if they did it is better than expected.
They would have been stoked getting the third highest average home crowds of all time prior to the Power game. Things like the Powers lack of excitement factor is out of their hands.
I envy Collingwoods figures, they're to be commended. They're world class.

I reckon some of Eddies comments recently show there are some very large concerns internally Wedgie. He's a very good operator and for him to come out and question himself in media situations shows he's rattled.

I think you'll see an overhaul of the recruiting department at Collingwood
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:39 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Who was the west coast player who was very lucky to get off before a GF? Was that in 05 or 06? I think his name was Adam hunter

Not the swans fault they had a very good defence team...

Do you mean after Hall was let off?
Travis Gasper, he had played 1 game for the season at that point.
They only let him off to make it seem 'Fair'.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 683 times

Postby JK » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:40 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Nothing wrong with dropping the boot in to Port Adelaide ;)

I understand some points. But in business if your income has risen 25% in a key category at its peak and then within 5 years has dropped back to the base it started at (or below it) then around the boardroom there are knives flying and heads roll. Andy D found that out.

Andy D was near the completion of his term .. His early departure was strategic damage control in light of his involvement in the Essendon saga. Worked pretty well given he's basically just fallen off the face of the earth.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4471 times
Been liked: 3017 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:05 am

Tom Hawkins 2 down to 1 for that?!?!?! :shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7641 times
Been liked: 11105 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:32 am

Booney wrote:Tom Hawkins 2 down to 1 for that?!?!?! :shock:

Yeah you'd think the fact the Phil Davis flinched about a second after he did it would have indicated there wasn't a lot in it.
Well done Phil.
Armchair expert wrote:Such a great club are Geelong
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL