Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Jase » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Dixon was immense last night... Bloody quick for a brick sh1thouse too...

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1497 times
Been liked: 563 times

Postby morell » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:39 pm

The Bedge wrote:Wrong morell
I think you'll find the evidence very strongly supports that assertion. As does just being there.

West Coast kicked straighter because they were more efficient with their energy. That comes down to method.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Brodlach wrote:Every club tries the same manic pressure in their attacking half. Eagles kicked 6 points which ended up being the difference
Of course, but most of the successful clubs have a balance of pressure forwards, clever forwards, marking forwards, leading forwards etc

We have one great contested marking forward, a kid, 5 pressure forwards and three "resting" midfielders.
morell
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:55 pm

morell wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Every club tries the same manic pressure in their attacking half. Eagles kicked 6 points which ended up being the difference
Of course, but most of the successful clubs have a balance of pressure forwards, clever forwards, marking forwards, leading forwards etc

We have one great contested marking forward, a kid, 5 pressure forwards and three "resting" midfielders.

You're starting to make some sense mate.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2238 times
Been liked: 2533 times

Postby MW » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Jase wrote:Dixon was immense last night... Bloody quick for a brick sh1thouse too...

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Yeah he was brilliant
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2639 times
Been liked: 1868 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:59 pm

I've discovered an admiration for Power fans, about half an hour ago a chick walked into to my pubs front bar by herself. She is only wearing a sleeveless Power Guernsey (and pants) and is the only person in my pub besides my missus and my two mates. She's not pretty and I won't post pics as I got canned for that last time but apparently she hasn't got home from last night yet! :shock:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Wedgie wrote:I've discovered an admiration for Power fans, about half an hour ago a chick walked into to my pubs front bar by herself. She is only wearing a sleeveless Power Guernsey (and pants) and is the only person in my pub besides my missus and my two mates. She's not pretty and I won't post pics as I got canned for that last time but apparently she hasn't got home from last night yet! :shock:

So what are your 2 mates and her doing later? :lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2238 times
Been liked: 2533 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:38 pm

Wedgie wrote:I've discovered an admiration for Power fans, about half an hour ago a chick walked into to my pubs front bar by herself. She is only wearing a sleeveless Power Guernsey (and pants) and is the only person in my pub besides my missus and my two mates. She's not pretty and I won't post pics as I got canned for that last time but apparently she hasn't got home from last night yet! :shock:

Busy night on Hanson Road? :)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby UK Fan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:52 pm

So will Hinkley bite the billet and bring back trengove for next week or stick with Marshall ?? :-)
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:53 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

So what are your 2 mates and her doing later? :lol:

Considering I'm with my missus and one of my mates is female not much. :lol:

PS Have a photo which I won't publish in case someone doesn't believe me, wanted to to take a selfy with her but I got shot down by the missus and friends :lol:

PPS She's still here and her beer is still 3/4 full.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby UK Fan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:30 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
UK Fan wrote:An AFL Final

At Adelaide Oval

On a Saturday night

Let the piss weak excuses begin :-)

Just get off the topic. You really are a sad little man sometimes, build a bridge and get over whatever your issue is.

$100 a ticket in this economy might have something to do with it. Do you ever go to an AFL game?

I'm with UK Fan here.

That is very disappointing no matter how you spin it

The roar when Shuey kicks the final goal after the siren is huge.

Had to be 5-8k west coast fans in attendance IMHO.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:51 pm

Was a lot of West Coast fans there, I was suprised with their numbers and the noise they made, I quite honestly had to look at the screen to see who kicked the goals at time and was clueless when I was restocking bars between busy times. They were loud on the Eastern side.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:55 am

UK Fan wrote:So will Hinkley bite the billet and bring back trengove for next week or stick with Marshall ?? :-)

8)

I don't think Marshall was the problem...the delivery was putrid
MW
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:57 am

bennymacca wrote:Would you listen to kochie in a football sense just after you lose after the siren in extra time?

I would think a lot of them would tell him to fk off. Hinkley on the other hand had every right to strip the paint off the walls

I heard it for the first time this morning. I thought everything he said was on point.
He also said he addresses the playing group after the final match of the year so he was always going to do it if they lost sat night.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:03 am

morell wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Wrong morell
I think you'll find the evidence very strongly supports that assertion. As does just being there.

West Coast kicked straighter because they were more efficient with their energy. That comes down to method.

WTF are you doing in Div 7 ranks? :roll:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7527 times
Been liked: 10835 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:07 am

Pick your timing Kochie. If you're sticking your nose into an area that is not your expertise then you have too pick your timing, straight after a loss like that, isnt the time to do it

Few things I noticed as a neutral. Port seem clueless going forward, I dont have the stats handy but I would love to know how many losses this year they had more inside 50's than the opposition. No real system or structure up forward, often blazing away at goal which in turn leads to poor conversion.

Port dont know how to close out games. They were 9 up half way through the last and WC had not kicked a goal in over an hour of play. Port seemed to change what had been working for an hour previously and allow WC back into the game. 13 points up in ET, you simply dont lose from there. 1:20 to go and you have a free kick on centre wing, WC have had extras set up behind the ball all night, dont take the advantage. Hold the play up, retain possession and milk the clock, then attempt to gain territory when numbers had pushed forward, and 'lock it in'.. Game over. Instead, took advantage, blazed away, turn over and the ball comes back to D50 for the last minute..

Dixon was amazing. Work rate impeccable, physically imposed himself on the contest when Port were down early, and lifted the side back into a winning position twice. Shame about his conversion after his good start, it seems to have soured his performance. Byrne-Jones was superb I thought anyway, didnt get named in the best but I rated him highly. A fellow poster said he thought he torched the footy a bit early, but in a game which produced 168 turnovers, we cant really pick out 1 player for that..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby morell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:21 am

MW wrote:I don't think Marshall was the problem...the delivery was putrid
The delivery wasn't perfect but it had a lot to do with the way the teams were structured. They do it to us every time, often starting with a +2 or +3. We don't want to clog our forward line or leave space behind us so do the same. Ball bounces between the half back lines as both sides try and pick the eyes out of it.

Marshall played his role and actually created a couple of goals out of nothing - one with his deft gather at half forward, scoop and snap into the path of Sam Gray, the second an elite handball beating 2 opponents on the boundary to Powell Pepper for a snap goal.

Would've liked a couple of stronger contests to halve a couple but he was up against an All Australian backman in his third game. He'll learn and be better for it.

No issue with his selection whatsoever. Impey on the other hand. :evil:
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:40 am

human_torpedo wrote:Pick your timing Kochie. If you're sticking your nose into an area that is not your expertise then you have too pick your timing, straight after a loss like that, isnt the time to do it

Like anything said post match in the heat of the moment it needs to be taken with a grain of salt. He's addressing a disappointed membership base who want answers, he gives them what they want to hear, that we won't accept this and will do all we can to ensure we get a playing group that is capable of winning us a premiership.

That's the only thing I'll question from his comments, he shouldn't have questioned the players endeavor or drive to win a flag, that is unquestionable and for Kochy to question that was poor form. If he questioned the groups ability to win a flag he'd be on the money, we don't have a premiership winning unit at our disposal at this time, but he shouldn't have questioned their willingness to do what they can to win.

Sure, he's a media identity, he's a club president but first and foremost he's a passionate Port Adelaide man and like any of us who love the club we too would have struggled to articulate Saturday night's loss in the hours after the match without putting at least one foot in ones own mouth.
Last edited by Booney on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:44 am

Booney wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Pick your timing Kochie. If you're sticking your nose into an area that is not your expertise then you have too pick your timing, straight after a loss like that, isnt the time to do it

Like anything said post match in the heat of the moment it needs to be taken with a grain of salt. He's addressing a disappointed membership base who want answers, he gives them what they want to here, that we won't accept this and will do all we can to ensure we get a playing group that is capable of winning us a premiership.

That's the only thing I'll question from his comments, he shouldn't have questioned the players endeavor or drive to win a flag, that is unquestionable and for Kochy to question that was poor form. If he questioned the groups ability to win a flag he'd be on the money, we don't have a premiership winning unit at our disposal at this time, but he shouldn't have questioned their willingness to do what they can to win.

Sure, he's a media identity, he's a club president but first and foremost he's a passionate Port Adelaide man and like any of us who love the club we too would have struggled to articulate Saturday night's loss in the hours after the match without putting at least one foot in ones own mouth.

Dixon and Ryder were sold as the missing pieces to the premiership puzzle. Kochie might have bought into this also.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:44 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:

Like anything said post match in the heat of the moment it needs to be taken with a grain of salt. He's addressing a disappointed membership base who want answers, he gives them what they want to here, that we won't accept this and will do all we can to ensure we get a playing group that is capable of winning us a premiership.

Dixon and Ryder were sold as the missing pieces to the premiership puzzle. Kochie might have bought into this also.

Externally by headline writers, perhaps.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL