Adelaide Crows 2020

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

Postby MW » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:42 pm

With st George and westies I could go winless this year...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Psyber » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:04 pm

The Crows were shocking last night.
They might had done better had they gone old-fashioned man on man for a while to break up the pattern, as they had no other hope.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 397 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Spargo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:08 pm

MW wrote:With st George and westies I could go winless this year...

Looks like your Dragons might get the win...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5701 times
Been liked: 5272 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Crows will be bottom two I think. Sums up where they are at when Crocker and Keays get delisted by their clubs but are the in the Crows best 22?

Had three and five possessions at three quarter time. Not blaming them as another 15 players as bad as them, but shows if they are relying on players like that who were not up to this level at their previous club, then it’s going to be a very long year!

Bottom two? Who do they finish ahead of?

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1727 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Postby MW » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:40 pm

Spargo wrote:

Well f..k me... miracles do happen
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby stan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:59 pm

MW wrote:
Spargo wrote:

If your going to have a really shit season, this is the season to do it.

I reckon the crows members will handle a few years of pain if they see the rebuild actually happening. By that I mean playing the young players espically there recent first rounders. If you getting smashed each week and playing guys like Atkins, Keays and Crocker in front of those kids then well, brace yourselves and buy some of Ports tarps.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:52 am

stan wrote:
MW wrote:
Spargo wrote:

I reckon the crows members will handle a few years of pain if they see the rebuild actually happening. By that I mean playing the young players espically there recent first rounders. If you getting smashed each week and playing guys like Atkins, Keays and Crocker in front of those kids then well, brace yourselves and buy some of Ports tarps.

What kids are you referring too?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7625 times
Been liked: 11096 times

Postby stan » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:49 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:
MW wrote:
Spargo wrote:[quote="MW"]With st George and westies I could go winless this year...

What kids are you referring too?[/quote]Good question and to be honest i don't know there list well enough but I would say playing Jones and McHenry for a start and not dropping them. But it's no use playing out of a forward pocket then off the bench. Jones needs to be up around he ball, same with McHenry. Get them involved. Get Jones on the wing instead of Aktins for example. Otherwise they keep playing and get there hands on the ball only 8 - 10 times a game. They need to get more involved.

Also probably Scholl, Butts and Davis need to be given some time as well.

That's probably all I have at the moment.
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:12 am

stan wrote:Good question and to be honest i don't know there list well enough but I would say playing Jones and McHenry for a start and not dropping them. But it's no use playing out of a forward pocket then off the bench. Jones needs to be up around he ball, same with McHenry. Get them involved. Get Jones on the wing instead of Aktins for example. Otherwise they keep playing and get there hands on the ball only 8 - 10 times a game. They need to get more involved.

It's a side effect of being at the top of the ladder for a few seasons, you don't get any high end talent and only the very well managed clubs can maintain that standard with smart recruiting in and out. Obviously it's easier to entice talent in while you're up the ladder ( think Richmond with Lynch, Hawthorn with several names ) and it hurts more losing top end talent that got you up to the ladder for little immediate return ( think Dangerfield, Cameron, Lever ).

There's also a distinct lack of pace in the Adelaide midfield ( nothing revolutionary in that news ) and the forward line looks slow with Walker and Fogarty in there and lacking a tall to compete in the air. Himmelberg or Frampton surely have to play to give them an aerial target.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:54 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:Good question and to be honest i don't know there list well enough but I would say playing Jones and McHenry for a start and not dropping them. But it's no use playing out of a forward pocket then off the bench. Jones needs to be up around he ball, same with McHenry. Get them involved. Get Jones on the wing instead of Aktins for example. Otherwise they keep playing and get there hands on the ball only 8 - 10 times a game. They need to get more involved.

It's a side effect of being at the top of the ladder for a few seasons, you don't get any high end talent and only the very well managed clubs can maintain that standard with smart recruiting in and out. Obviously it's easier to entice talent in while you're up the ladder ( think Richmond with Lynch, Hawthorn with several names ) and it hurts more losing top end talent that got you up to the ladder for little immediate return ( think Dangerfield, Cameron, Lever ).

There's also a distinct lack of pace in the Adelaide midfield ( nothing revolutionary in that news ) and the forward line looks slow with Walker and Fogarty in there and lacking a tall to compete in the air. Himmelberg or Frampton surely have to play to give them an aerial target.
That why I have said they need Jones and McHenry up around the ball, these guys were recruited for that reason, but it seems the list management and development at the crows are working in silos.

I did forget about Frampton and Himmelberg, you need one of them down there as well. I would say Himmelberg as I'm. It sure Frampton is up to it, but he needs an extended run.

Fogarty is a talent, now doubt but as you said with him and Tex in the same forward like they look slow.

Also I would play Davis instead of Crocker at the moment.

This is all just my opinion, I don't know there list in depth well enough as I said, just what I can see at the moment.
stan
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:55 am

Bite the bullet and blood some youth, they can squeeze a dozen or so games into some kids.

A lot of fans will have the pitchforks out regardless, their window was well and truly open but now it's locked shut, they're going to bottom out whichever way they go, better off forming a new style with some new faces.

Despite being a Port supporter, I like to see Adelaide doing well too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8068 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:35 am

The ones who will struggle the most down there are McKay, Gibbs, Walker, Sloane, Lynch, Talia, these blokes are all 28+ and know the last 2-3 years of their playing days will be about bringing the next generation through and there's going to be some pain along the way. Will be hard to front up for a pre season knowing what lies ahead as a 30 year old.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:44 am

Booney wrote:The ones who will struggle the most down there are McKay, Gibbs, Walker, Sloane, Lynch, Talia, these blokes are all 28+ and know the last 2-3 years of their playing days will be about bringing the next generation through and there's going to be some pain along the way. Will be hard to front up for a pre season knowing what lies ahead as a 30 year old.
Yeah, tough position for them. Do they try and get something for the Crouch brothers while they are still worth something and hit the draft hard or are they happy to meander along for a few years. Personally I’d go the full slash and burn and test the waters with Lynch aswell as a couple others
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3650 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:47 am

Gibbs still contracted for 2021 is going to hurt, mind you they will probably have the space in their cap that they can pay him out at the end of this year and set him free.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2422 times
Been liked: 3820 times

Adelaide Crows 2020

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:49 am

Dutchy wrote:Gibbs still contracted for 2021 is going to hurt, mind you they will probably have the space in their cap that they can pay him out at the end of this year and set him free.
Geez, better get those Glenelg 3 peat shirts ordered ASAP [emoji23]
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:51 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:The ones who will struggle the most down there are McKay, Gibbs, Walker, Sloane, Lynch, Talia, these blokes are all 28+ and know the last 2-3 years of their playing days will be about bringing the next generation through and there's going to be some pain along the way. Will be hard to front up for a pre season knowing what lies ahead as a 30 year old.
Yeah, tough position for them. Do they try and get something for the Crouch brothers while they are still worth something and hit the draft hard or are they happy to meander along for a few years. Personally I’d go the full slash and burn and test the waters with Lynch aswell as a couple others

Talia is the one to move on along with Crouchs. Defenders are easy to find, its about the only thing the crows recruiting team can do, think Davis, Lever, Doedee in recent times and they drafted another last year in McCasey. Talia is also worth something to a team at the top.
I would only entertain moving Sloane on if he absolutely was 100% wanting to move on
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2456 times
Been liked: 1683 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:52 am

One real positive is O'Brien, he's going to carry a big work load but he's got the frame to do it. Got themselves another Sauce there, looks a quality player.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:56 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Talia is the one to move on along with Crouchs. Defenders are easy to find, its about the only thing the crows recruiting team can do, think Davis, Lever, Doedee in recent times and they drafted another last year in McCasey. Talia is also worth something to a team at the top.
I would only entertain moving Sloane on if he absolutely was 100% wanting to move on

Sloane has 3 more years, hard to see 1) him wanting to move and 2) another club taking on a 3 year deal for him at 30.

I think they need to keep Talia, Hartigan isn't up to it and Kelly, Doedee are the third tall / play small if need be. McAsey looks like Keath in more ways than one so he might be the pillar down back to replace Talia.

Laird has the most market value I think, 26, year to run on his deal so it would have to be a trade, I'd be offering him up.

Knight, Atkins, McKay, Poholke, Galluci all out of contract this year, they've got 15 weeks left to get another deal.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:57 am

How many free passes does Tex have?
If he still can’t get a kick in a months time is his spot in jeopardy or is he a lock each week?
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:59 am

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Sloane has 3 more years, hard to see 1) him wanting to move and 2) another club taking on a 3 year deal for him at 30.

I think they need to keep Talia, Hartigan isn't up to it and Kelly, Doedee are the third tall / play small if need be. McAsey looks like Keath in more ways than one so he might be the pillar down back to replace Talia.

Laird has the most market value I think, 26, year to run on his deal so it would have to be a trade, I'd be offering him up.

Knight, Atkins, McKay, Poholke, Galluci all out of contract this year, they've got 15 weeks left to get another deal.

Agree re Laird, his type of players are easy to replace.
Its all about getting extra high draft picks in the door whilst not losing the pillars of your team. Crows dont have too many of them. OBrein probably the only untouchable
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2456 times
Been liked: 1683 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL