Crows 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2016

Postby Dogmatic » Mon May 09, 2016 7:55 pm

I thought Jacobs was very ordinary in ruck which enabled the Western Bulldogs midfield first use of the ball. Jacobs should watch the vision of Jackson Trengove on the weekend. He didn't get his hand on the ball much for the tap but made a contest and was ready to go again when the ball hit the ground.
For every one I miss I am closer to a hole in one.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon May 09, 2016 7:58 pm

field of dreams wrote:Thommo was terrible. I have much respect for him and his career and he looks to be in much better shape physically than he was a couple of years ago with groin? issues. But he seems to be falling back into turning over so many balls. A mate and I used to call him Scotty Turnover a few years back...He's been so good in the meantime but that was awful.

7 Kicks, 9 Handballs, (really low by his lofty standards) Disposal Efficiency 62.5 (woeful), 9 Clangers 9!, 9 Tackles (great) but 6 frees against (officially - seemed like more!). He had a huge effect on the game - unfortunately not a positive one!

Hey after all Scotty is the clanger king!

(Before anyone jumps on me like the last time I posted this I'm taking the piss a bit here, I do like Scotty alot he's a North Haven lad.)
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10437 times
Been liked: 1545 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dogmatic » Mon May 09, 2016 8:07 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
field of dreams wrote:Thommo was terrible. I have much respect for him and his career and he looks to be in much better shape physically than he was a couple of years ago with groin? issues. But he seems to be falling back into turning over so many balls. A mate and I used to call him Scotty Turnover a few years back...He's been so good in the meantime but that was awful.

7 Kicks, 9 Handballs, (really low by his lofty standards) Disposal Efficiency 62.5 (woeful), 9 Clangers 9!, 9 Tackles (great) but 6 frees against (officially - seemed like more!). He had a huge effect on the game - unfortunately not a positive one!

After all Scotty is the clanger king!

(Before anyone jumps on me like the last time I posted this I'm taking the piss a bit here, I do like Scotty alot he's a North Haven lad.)

Some good names on that list.
For every one I miss I am closer to a hole in one.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby stan » Mon May 09, 2016 8:09 pm

Dogmatic wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Yeah full of blokes that got plenty of the ball and played plenty of games. Mistakes happen to all, part of the game.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1257 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 09, 2016 8:13 pm

Some of the best players over the past 15 years on that list
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby daysofourlives » Mon May 09, 2016 8:16 pm

Pretty much the hardest players over the last 15 years, the ones that get in and get the ball, bound to have clangers when under that extra pressure, dont know what a bloke like Stanton is on the list, never under pressure he should be real clean
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2437 times
Been liked: 1672 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon May 09, 2016 8:19 pm

stan wrote:
Dogmatic wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Yeah full of blokes that got plenty of the ball and played plenty of games. Mistakes happen to all, part of the game.

Clangers are a comical stat, they're sort a way of taking the piss out of the players.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10437 times
Been liked: 1545 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby marbles » Mon May 09, 2016 11:09 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Clangers are a comical stat, they're sort a way of taking the piss out of the players.

whilst i try to find butchers and casbaults career average, the 2016 leading clangers is also interesting, "average" column

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (91.97 KiB) Viewed 501 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Crows 2016

Postby field of dreams » Mon May 09, 2016 11:33 pm

Of course guys that get plenty of the ball are going to feature. But when the efficiency is 62.5% and you have 16 disposals with 9 clangers.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby MatteeG » Tue May 10, 2016 2:08 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Pretty much the hardest players over the last 15 years, the ones that get in and get the ball, bound to have clangers when under that extra pressure, dont know what a bloke like Stanton is on the list, never under pressure he should be real clean

Or Joel Bowden LMFAO
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Booney » Tue May 10, 2016 2:34 pm

MatteeG wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Pretty much the hardest players over the last 15 years, the ones that get in and get the ball, bound to have clangers when under that extra pressure, dont know what a bloke like Stanton is on the list, never under pressure he should be real clean

Or Joel Bowden LMFAO

If there's a shadow on the ground Stanton is under pressure.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10874 times

Postby stan » Wed May 11, 2016 10:30 am

Is it old news that Jenkins hasnt signed yet and put talks off at this stage?

I wouldnt think he woukd go anywhere but it will take a good deal for his signiture.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1257 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Wed May 11, 2016 10:41 am

stan wrote:Is it old news that Jenkins hasnt signed yet and put talks off at this stage?

I wouldnt think he woukd go anywhere but it will take a good deal for his signiture.

He'll have plenty of potential suitors adding value to his contact. Big, mobile, goal kicker....plenty of clubs are chasing someone like that.

I too doubt he'll move, but I reckon he'll have some thinking to do.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed May 11, 2016 10:47 am

stan wrote:Is it old news that Jenkins hasnt signed yet and put talks off at this stage?

You'd be bricking if you were a Crows fan, because it hasn't historically ended up too well from this position.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Wed May 11, 2016 11:01 am

JK wrote:

You'd be bricking if you were a Crows fan, because it hasn't historically ended up too well from this position.

Bock...not going anywhere.
Davis...not going anywhere.
Gunston....not going anywhere.
Tippett...not going anywhere.
Vince....not going anywhere.
Dangerfield...not going anywhere.

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed May 11, 2016 11:11 am

JK wrote:

I know atleast 2 clubs chasing him hard.
Freo of course and Essendon.
He is still very good mates with a lot of players there especially Hurley. The sticking point is the length of contract by the sounds and the Crows at this stage only offering 2 years?
Was mentioned on radio that Freo have got offers of 4 years on a decent wage and Essendon 4 years on about $650k.
I think he will stay and the Crows will come to the party on a 3-4 year deal and he will probably get a nice little pay rise
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3575 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 11, 2016 11:13 am

Maybe he's the missing puzzle piece in the power premiership side? :lol: :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby hawks21 » Wed May 11, 2016 11:16 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

haha Did any of them ever actually come out and say they were not going anywhere? Jenkins came out a few weeks back and said he hoped to stay etc. Suspect his Manager is just being a good Manager and trying to get the best deal possible especailly after kicking 8, basically every big game he has is extra $$$$ so why wouldnt you hold off from signing.
No doubt he has some big offers on the table from Carlton, Brisbane etc as well to consider that are over and above our best deal. I reckon he will sign in the 2nd half of the year, especially if we keep winning and play finals, that always makes it hard for players to leave any club.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby JK » Wed May 11, 2016 11:19 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

Van Berlo ... Please go anywhere
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Wed May 11, 2016 11:25 am

Port...not going anywhere (except for China lol)
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2654 times
Been liked: 1882 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL