wubsy's Sydney thread

Talk on the national game

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Postby therisingblues » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:so many people are justifying their abuse 'because he is a flog'. That doesn’t cut it IMO. When challenged the arguments do come back round to being race related apart from his occasional snipes and the tribunal supposedly looking after him (his fault of course). But hey, Goodes started it by calling Australia Day, Invasion Day. Give me a break…. if that is the way the indigenous people of this country view the day, then who are we to tell them otherwise. They arent far off the truth!

Are you calling me a racist my friend? You're drawing a long ******* bow. If I'm a racist that's going to be a big ******* surprise to the best man at my wedding.

Regards,

REB

Who you had for your best man at your wedding is irrelevent. A racist isn't someone who hates every single person of an entire race (even though they can).
Most racists I know don't even realise or admit it themselves and they all deny it vehemently.

So how do you know which ones are the racists if they themselves are unaware of it? I am guessing that there is a criteria you go by.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:05 am

Wedgie wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:so many people are justifying their abuse 'because he is a flog'. That doesn’t cut it IMO. When challenged the arguments do come back round to being race related apart from his occasional snipes and the tribunal supposedly looking after him (his fault of course). But hey, Goodes started it by calling Australia Day, Invasion Day. Give me a break…. if that is the way the indigenous people of this country view the day, then who are we to tell them otherwise. They arent far off the truth!

Are you calling me a racist my friend? You're drawing a long ******* bow. If I'm a racist that's going to be a big ******* surprise to the best man at my wedding.

Regards,

REB

Who you had for your best man at your wedding is irrelevent. A racist isn't someone who hates every single person of an entire race (even though they can).
Most racists I know don't even realise or admit it themselves and they all deny it vehemently.

As I said I consider myself a former 'booer' because I have no reason to cause the man distress and I have no desire to see him drummed out of the game. I have always thought that booing Goodes wasnt based on his race but for some it might be. As for racism, The way you can tell, IMO is through your actions. That's why I brought up my best man. If I pulled any racist shit with her Shed sure as shit let me know about it.

So if I didn't realise it I'd soon be in the know. Last time I checked though, the sheets were on the bed and there aren't any Swastikas tattooed on my neck.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:08 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Why? Because it's the truth?

The truth, as in Steve Price and Alan Jones speak for all Australians? :lol:

Wonder what Fred Nile thinks of marriage equality?

Not Charlie Pickerings best work IMO.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:33 am

This season has seen the best and worst of what this brilliant game has to offer...

I think it's time to talk footy...

This week is a massive game. The past month or so (with the exception of the port game) we have been extremely dissapointing and as Booney said in his write up, we haven't just be beaten we are getting smashed (something like that)... our best can and should account for the crows comfortably, but we are far from this at the moment, and our worse has been on display for some time now and the crows should account for us too if we play poorly again.
Sides like Hawks, Freo and the Eagles have peaked already this season or are peaking right now and as top 4 side we have not!!! Put up or shut up tomorrow arvo. Our midfield is better, forward line is better but struggle down back a bit. I don't think i am being cocky with those comments, i think they are better than most in the comp. Just facts.
We must start well... The past fortnight i reckon we've kicked 4 goals in total in both of the first halfs together.
Should be a ripper contest and a win is a MUST... With some handy ins - Franklin, Mcglynn, Richards and Tippett
Anytime to show that "bloods culture" people seem to talk about it's now...

Interested to see the treatment of Tippett, to be honest i reckon Tippo is filthy the doc cleared him so he has to finally play his old team... :lol:

Just want to share something which i think is really good. It's Brett Kirks guernsey presentation speech back in 2007

"Swans. Graceful and dignified, their style has inspired artists for
centuries. They travel in large flocks and they trust each other.

Swans are excellent swimmers and strong fliers. They are friendly but
have a passion for the defence of their territory. Swans protect their
family fiercely.

Many indigenous cultures' beliefs are strong on animal symbols. These
symbols are referred to as "totem animals" or "power animals". They are
within you, you share a connection with them. Specific lessons come
through them to you. It is lessons learned, it is guidance, spirituality
and finding your path.

According to Native American tradition, it is not about choosing a
symbol totem animals ? it is more about being chosen.

Congratulations on being chosen to be a member of the Sydney Swans
football team.

Now the hard work begins, so on behalf of my blood brothers, I would
like to let you in on some things about OUR culture.

The Sydney Swans culture is the accumulation of many individuals
including the players, the coaches, the fitness staff, the
administration, the medical team, the trainers, the IT teams, the board,
our fans and supporters and the people that run the water on match day.

Our football club is a professional community and we have developed a
consensus about what is important. It's about the group's expectations,
not just an individual's expectations.

It's the way everyone goes about their business.

The Sydney Swans culture is never beyond your control. YOU choose to
help define it. You have to live it, believe it, participate and make it
internalised. At the Swans, we have established a secret society, a
group who are continuously communicating a clear and compelling rationale.

This secret society works to create and maintain a footballing
environment marked by loyalty, trust, accountability and open
communication. Players are inspired to work hard, produce their best
always and play their part.

We have moulded a club with high expectations.

The expectations are clear so every player knows what it required of
them. There is no place for mediocrity and no room for passengers. Egos
should be left at the door, or dig a hole and bury them. There are no
egos at the Sydney Swans Football Club.

Honesty is a major vertebra that makes up our backbone. Work to be
respected ? it is more important to be respected than liked. At the
Swans we want a group of respected footballers, where peers look upon us
as role models ? and when they look they find strong examples of what is
expected at OUR club and on the football field.

Remember, respect is not a right. Nor can it be demanded. It has to be
earned. It is challenging and hard-hitting at times, but it works.

AFL is a hard gig but it's a fortunate life. You have been given an
opportunity of a lifetime. There are thousands of people out there who
would love to be where you are right now.

Ability is what you're capable of doing, motivation determines what you
do and attitude determines how well you do it.

You will experience ups, downs, challenges, speed bumps, success,
sacrifice and adversity along the way but in our culture, here in our
family, we will stand beside you and support you in any way we can.

I am not going to make any pie-crust promises or fantastic predictions
that this year we will drink from the holy grail again ? but come
Saturday I can guarantee you this.

A disciplined team will take the field and we will compete in a hard
contested brand of footy where everyone knows their roles and carries it
out for the good of the team. There will be self-belief and trust and
EVERYONE is accountable. We will acknowledge our fans and sing our song
loud and proud.

Cheer, cheer, the red and the white."
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3037 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby helicopterking » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:58 am

My favourite Round of the year, Multi Cultural Round Next week. In my opinion, the most interesting of the "feature" rounds.
My bet, Goodes returns, will somehow,do something that will focus the whole round on him.
Actually, it's probably already happened.
But, if everyone is, from what we have been bombarded with this week, in fact Racist, the whole round will go to crap.
I don't think it will, and the whole round will be celebrated, as it should, incident free, both on the field and off it.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:06 am

helicopterking wrote:My favourite Round of the year, Multi Cultural Round Next week. In my opinion, the most interesting of the "feature" rounds.
My bet, Goodes returns, will somehow,do something that will focus the whole round on him.
But, if everyone is, from what we have been bombarded with this week, in fact Racist, the whole round will go to crap.
I don't think it will, and the whole round will be celebrated, as it should, incident free, both on the field and off it.

By the media and officials, not Adam Goodes.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:15 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:My favourite Round of the year, Multi Cultural Round Next week. In my opinion, the most interesting of the "feature" rounds.

So what's Adam Goodes theory on why people are booing

Does that make him missing this week a tad soft if he can't handle the booing if it's based on personality, I can understand why he couldn't handle it if he thought it was based on racism that is fair enough
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2541 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby helicopterking » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:24 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

Yes by the media, but Goodes not playing this week will continue to fuel it.
I know if Nic Nat was getting booed, or racially taunted, or whatever it is, I'd still want him play, continue his journey and hopefully rise above it and come out the other side.
My opinion, it's all a sad state of affairs, every angle you look at it, no matter what side of the fence you sit on.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:25 am

whufc wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

So what's Adam Goodes theory on why people are booing

Does that make him missing this week a tad soft if he can't handle the booing if it's based on personality, I can understand why he couldn't handle it if he thought it was based on racism that is fair enough

I am just stating a fact...

Adam got asked if he is affected by the boo's he said "no, but his family and friends that go to the game and watch on TV are (as any family would feel). From then on left it alone. Every week reporters keep asking about the boo's and he said its disappointing but left it at that. Then reporters are asking do you think it's racially motivated and he said he doesn't know why they boo but he hopes it isn't racially motivated. He tried to leave it alone for a month or so and now Jetta has just had enough and made a stand. Adam has said that its disappointing but yet everyone keeps bringing up this "why is he playing the race card". He never said that.

why is he soft??? Are all people who take stress leave soft??? Mitch Clark soft? i reckon he should be playing this week, but it's no my position to assume how someone should react...

Media have a lot to answer for in this whole saga!!!
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:40 am

stan wrote:Probably time to give it a spell and concentrate back on football. I think the media needs to step back a bit. Really without them pushing it so hard and demanding it be about race it probably would ha e died out a bit. I mean going and getting opinions from Wilson, Akermanis and Jones. Seriously it would only fuel it further. In the end we have heard opinions from every man and his dog but not Goodes. Just seems like something else the media wish to fuel.

I also think goodes should have plaued this week. Crows fans would most likely be well behaved.

Errr...social media?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:42 am

stan wrote:
Wedgie wrote:If I was on the side of the booers, I'd think to myself "hmmm, I'm on the same side of this argument as Jason Akermanis, Alan Jones, Andrew Bolt, Shane Warne, Dermott Brereton and basically every uneducated redneck racist in Australia, perhaps I should reconsider?"

Bolt lol. Has as much credibility as a Shane Watson review.

The day Alan Jones, Andrew Bolt, Jason Akermanis and Steve Price speak for me (and the average Australian) is the day I move to the East Island and become a sheep shagger.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:43 am

woodublieve12 wrote:This season has seen the best and worst of what this brilliant game has to offer...
I think it's time to talk footy...
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:55 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
stan wrote:Probably time to give it a spell and concentrate back on football. I think the media needs to step back a bit. Really without them pushing it so hard and demanding it be about race it probably would ha e died out a bit. I mean going and getting opinions from Wilson, Akermanis and Jones. Seriously it would only fuel it further. In the end we have heard opinions from every man and his dog but not Goodes. Just seems like something else the media wish to fuel.

I also think goodes should have plaued this week. Crows fans would most likely be well behaved.

Errr...social media?

Both social and mainstream

I understand your position but main stream media deliberately going out of their way to do interview with the 13 year olds mum, interviews with well know controversial people like Akermanis as well as the hundreds of radio hosts, editorial writers using this to make a name are adding a lot of fuel to the fire, and in most cases there deliberately pin pointing the people they know they will get the big headlines from.

Obviously media is a business but there is no way they don't play a part in this continuing on
whufc
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:57 am

whufc wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Errr...social media?

I understand your position but main stream media deliberately going out of their way to do interview with the 13 year olds mum, interviews with well know controversial people like Akermanis as well as the hundreds of radio hosts, editorial writers using this to make a name are adding a lot of fuel to the fire, and in most cases there deliberately pin pointing the people they know they will get the big headlines from.

Obviously media is a business but there is no way they don't play a part in this continuing on

Clearly the media has a role to play, but some of us need to look at ourselves. If we don't believe it's a big issue, why are we sharing memes, commenting on posts and threads about the issue? In the old days, the media used to push agendas, now it is us.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:59 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
whufc wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Errr...social media?

Clearly the media has a role to play, but some of us need to look at ourselves. If we don't believe it's a big issue, why are we sharing memes, commenting on posts and threads about the issue? In the old days, the media used to push agendas, now it is us.

Agree
whufc
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:09 am

whufc wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
whufc wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:[quote="stan"]Probably time to give it a spell and concentrate back on football. I think the media needs to step back a bit. Really without them pushing it so hard and demanding it be about race it probably would ha e died out a bit. I mean going and getting opinions from Wilson, Akermanis and Jones. Seriously it would only fuel it further. In the end we have heard opinions from every man and his dog but not Goodes. Just seems like something else the media wish to fuel.

Errr...social media?

Agree[/quote]
I think thats a fair point. If we could move on and focus on the football alot of this would put itself to bed. But going and getting interviews from every tom dick and harry hust fuels it more. Then we start getting the Brilliant minds of Akermanis and Mundine involved by publishing there comments. I mean really at that point the debate really has gone to shit.

Hence lets focus on the football and see what happens.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:11 am

Swans to beat Adelaide this weekend.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:20 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Swans to beat Adelaide this weekend.

Boooooo!
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 538 times
Been liked: 559 times

Postby another grub » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:34 am

Boooooo
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 542 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby helicopterking » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:44 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Swans to beat Adelaide this weekend.

Swans to wins and the mention of " Bloods Spirit" to be over used to the maximum.
Didn't hear it mentioned much last week. ;)
helicopterking
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL