Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & results.

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & resul

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:41 am

Brodlach wrote:Currently still in the 8 morrell, at the start of the year surely you would have taken that.
I don't care where we finish. It's 1st or nothing in terms of outcome. If it's not 1st then I want to see plans, method and changes made to get us there. If anything, I think we've gone backwards development wise this year.

We either needed to go all guns blazing and draft/trade/select accordingly or go full development mode. We're half pregnant. Sort of gone for it, sort of not.
Last edited by morell on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:42 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I actually agree you do need other tall forward to help Dixon out but Eddy is not the answer. Who was the last decent forward the Power have drafted?

We haven't, it's well documented that we wasted 3 years on Shaw and Harvey and as a result had to go all out for Dixon.

Thought you pulled the pin a bit early on Shaw. The bigger lads take a bit longer to come on. Has gone back to the WAFL and kicked over 50 last year and on target to do it again this year. Reckon he was worth persevering with

Yeah but how many pressure acts bruh? We all know pressure acts are wheres its at.
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:44 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I actually agree you do need other tall forward to help Dixon out but Eddy is not the answer. Who was the last decent forward the Power have drafted?

We haven't, it's well documented that we wasted 3 years on Shaw and Harvey and as a result had to go all out for Dixon.

Thought you pulled the pin a bit early on Shaw. The bigger lads take a bit longer to come on. Has gone back to the WAFL and kicked over 50 last year and on target to do it again this year. Reckon he was worth persevering with

I disagree, Harvey was the one worth persisting with for one more year IMO, Shaw never showed anything in his two season to suggest he was capable. I will agree that 2 years might not be enough for a big bloke and we'll see if any AFL club takes a punt on him, still only 23. I doubt it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7536 times
Been liked: 10848 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:48 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

I disagree, Harvey was the one worth persisting with for one more year IMO, Shaw never showed anything in his two season to suggest he was capable. I will agree that 2 years might not be enough for a big bloke and we'll see if any AFL club takes a punt on him, still only 23. I doubt it.

You picked up a 27yo Brett Eddy but don't think anyone would look at a 23yo state league proven goal kicker?
Would be well worth a punt even as a spot on the Rookie list
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3570 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brodlach » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:48 am

morell wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Currently still in the 8 morrell, at the start of the year surely you would have taken that.
I don't care where we finish. It's 1st or nothing in terms of outcome. If it's not 1st then I want to see plans, method and changes made to get us there. If anything, I think we've gone backwards development wise this year.

We either needed to go all guns blazing and draft/trade/select accordingly or go full development mode. We're half pregnant. Sort of gone for it, sort of not.

Cannot finish first if your not in the 8 at the end of the minor round
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby heater31 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:50 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

The thing with Shaw was he came to Alberton without having played outside of the WAFL colts system i.e no senior football. Took almost all year to get a league game at South Adelaide then the current setup came in and he was forced to play league football each week for his 'development' hindsight might suggest it hindered his development somewhat.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:55 am

heater31 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

The thing with Shaw was he came to Alberton without having played outside of the WAFL colts system i.e no senior football. Took almost all year to get a league game at South Adelaide then the current setup came in and he was forced to play league football each week for his 'development' hindsight might suggest it hindered his development somewhat.

Certainly did, he wasn't ready to be playing senior football.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:57 am

******* SANFL. Get rid of em.

8)
morell
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:59 am

Can't remember the last time I LOL'd at a banner but I did yesterday, that was gold.

I'm surprised Frampton hasn't had a game yet, impresses me every time I see him.

With an injury list that has been the best in the AFL, I'd say they have put too much faith in the best 22 and should have used this opportunity to swing the axe more agressively this year as it is proven they have the depth.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2350 times
Been liked: 3624 times

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:Can't remember the last time I LOL'd at a banner but I did yesterday, that was gold.
Totally agree I thought it was great. Bout time they got some bite into them.

Dutchy wrote:I'm surprised Frampton hasn't had a game yet, impresses me every time I see him.
Totally agree.

Dutchy wrote:With an injury list that has been the best in the AFL, I'd say they have put too much faith in the best 22 and should have used this opportunity to swing the axe more agressively this year as it is proven they have the depth.
Totally agree again boy oh boy Dutchy where has this been all year.
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:06 pm

11/8. 5th. Second best percentage.

Thank **** morrel wasn't here in '11 and '12.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:13 pm

morell wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Can't remember the last time I LOL'd at a banner but I did yesterday, that was gold.
Totally agree I thought it was great. Bout time they got some bite into them.

Dutchy wrote:I'm surprised Frampton hasn't had a game yet, impresses me every time I see him.
Totally agree.

Dutchy wrote:With an injury list that has been the best in the AFL, I'd say they have put too much faith in the best 22 and should have used this opportunity to swing the axe more agressively this year as it is proven they have the depth.
Totally agree again boy oh boy Dutchy where has this been all year.

Maybe I needed a holiday :D
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2350 times
Been liked: 3624 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:32 pm

I'm surprised Frampton hasn't had a game yet, impresses me every time I see him.

With an injury list that has been the best in the AFL, I'd say they have put too much faith in the best 22 and should have used this opportunity to swing the axe more agressively this year as it is proven they have the depth.

I dont know what the problem with apricot slice or chardonney is :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:34 pm

It's all the fault of that dickhead Bulldogs banner man.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:37 pm

Booney wrote:11/8. 5th. Second best percentage.

Thank **** morrel wasn't here in '11 and '12.
I was!

I was actually less critical then as I knew we were knackered and had systemic issues within the club that were going to take a long time to resolve. We were under resourced, had a very green coach and a bunch of kids.

None of those things are the case now.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:45 pm

morell wrote:What needs to occur before you'll start to raise doubt over Hinkley? Like whats the tipping point?
Still didn't get this out of you Booney?

Do you think we should extend his contract?
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:51 pm

morell wrote:
morell wrote:What needs to occur before you'll start to raise doubt over Hinkley? Like whats the tipping point?
Still didn't get this out of you Booney?

Do you think we should extend his contract?

I'm considering my response.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:55 pm

Oh and BTW

the Crows were absolutely fantastic. More credit needs to be given to them ITT
morell
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:56 pm

This discussion seems like it should relate to a side sitting 15th not 5th.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2646 times
Been liked: 1870 times

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:01 pm

morell wrote:Oh and BTW

the Crows were absolutely fantastic. More credit needs to be given to them ITT

It was one of those games, the winning team were as good as the losing team were bad.

An observation i made from being there, was that AFC has developed the mongrel that Port used to have. It can be seen as 'fake tough' but port used to do it every game, come out and constantly be in your face, if you make a mistake you got told and bumped around etc etc AFC did it to Geelong, and now Port. Port apart from some minor wrestles, didn't even challenge or fly the flag. IMO as a crows worked away from the 'too nice' tag, which is a must if you want to go deep in to the finals.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL