:cry: :lol: :cry:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby JK » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:10 pm

No doubt on Colberts mark, that said Modra should have been paid one earlier and Bond should have been denied one, so 1 mark won't cost a team a game ... That game was played where it was supposed to be, unfortunately for the Cats their "reward" of a home final the week before was at the MCG against the Roo's and they got done, but hey, they're not the only teams who have been forced to play their home final at the "G" ...
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:19 pm

Any way,who gives a f***,it's ancient history,the Cows jagged two,I get reminded about it all the time,and the Cats missed out,REB gets reminded of it all the time! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:22 pm

Constance_Perm wrote: but hey, they're not the only teams who have been forced to play their home final at the "G" ...

No but they're the only club who have never had the priviledge of a finals game in their home town, the only place they'd have an advantage.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:11 pm

Agree Wedgie and put my argument to plenty of people in 97' as to why the Cats weren't entitled to play their first final against the Roo's at Kardinia??
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:46 am

1980 Tassie Medalist wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:If Sydney did what the Cows did in 98, that is, finish 5th and get belted in their first final, then they are OUT. The word luck doesn't even come close to describing the incredible ar5e that was Adelaide 1997-98.

regards,

REB

Luck is where good preparation meets opportunity

No such thing as luck in high performance sport

Bull5hit Mappa Tassie. Have a look at the Nick Davis kick :cry: It came of his friggin shin FFS. No such thing as luck in high performance sport bollocks. Even at the open the other day a tennis shot went down the line sailing out, hit the top of the post and landed in and the point was won...all good preparation of course.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:30 pm

I'm a Crow..! But I don't see it as the poll suggests..! Many Crows may be disappointed this year...! Including me..?
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby phantompanther » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:08 am

i just hope a proper victorian club wins it this year. although sydney have the south melbourne thing

god i would love it to be my beloved tigers , but i think the best we could do is 5-8
"what I have written I have written"
phantompanther
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby phantompanther » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:13 am

most of the crap ricardson cops is emotional rather than based on substance. he regularly takes contested markes . and averages around three goals a game as a roaming forward . and has great courage. i thought he might slip into the all australian team last year. and to the person that tried to tell me tarant is a better player you are a goose lol
phantompanther
Mini-League

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:17 pm

Yes Panther, I'd have Richo ahead of Tarrant any day of the week. I reckon Richo would look sensational in Cat colours..he coud catch up with his old mate Ottens :lol:

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:29 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Yes Panther, I'd have Richo ahead of Tarrant any day of the week. I reckon Richo would look sensational in Cat colours..he coud catch up with his old mate Ottens :lol:

regards,

REB

Christ, don't even say that in jest!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather have dysentery in my team than Richo.
No doubt the big overweight doofus has talent but his attitude and teamwork loses more goals for his team than he kicks.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Punk Rooster » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:06 pm

Wedgie wrote:Christ, don't even say that in jest!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather have dysentery in my team than Richo.
No doubt the big overweight doofus has talent but his attitude and teamwork loses more goals for his team than he kicks.
Disco Tazz's attitude isn't anything to brag about either...
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby phantompanther » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:05 am

again emotion. perhaps richmond could swap richardson with kingsly geelong's clayton's full forward
phantompanther
Mini-League

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:26 pm

phantompanther wrote:again emotion. perhaps richmond could swap richardson with kingsly geelong's clayton's full forward

To tell the truth I'd prefer to have neither.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:44 pm

Wedgie wrote:
phantompanther wrote:again emotion. perhaps richmond could swap richardson with kingsly geelong's clayton's full forward

Bit hard on both Wedge. Richo has kicked over 600 goals in the AFL playing for a side that has arguably been the worst performed team of the last two decades and Kingsley has kicked 50 goals in each of the last two seasons even though he has been played out of position nearly his entire career due to a lack of a suitable alternative in the spearhead position at Catland. I think the Kingsley knocking is a bit rough as 50 goals is not a bad return in a season. If he could flaming kick straight he'd be a 60-70 a year man (ranked 4th in behinds wasn't it spelly?) and he'd do less of those infuriating pass offs. If Ottens can stay healthy and remain the focal point in attack then Kingsley and the Cats will be both be a force to be reakoned with this season.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby am Bays » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:55 pm

Rik E Boy wrote: If Ottens can stay healthy and remain the focal point in attack then Kingsley and the Cats will be both be a force to be reakoned with this season.

regards,

REB

IF my Aunty had balls she'd be my uncle

for your sake REB, I hope Loris has Ottens in good nick, but you can lead a horse to water........But hoping Ottens has a full season is a bit like Mrs Holt leaving the porch light on for Harold.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby David Votoupal » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:08 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Bit hard on both Wedge. Richo has kicked over 600 goals in the AFL playing for a side that has arguably been the worst performed team of the last two decades and Kingsley has kicked 50 goals in each of the last two seasons even though he has been played out of position nearly his entire career due to a lack of a suitable alternative in the spearhead position at Catland. I think the Kingsley knocking is a bit rough as 50 goals is not a bad return in a season. If he could flaming kick straight he'd be a 60-70 a year man (ranked 4th in behinds wasn't it spelly?) and he'd do less of those infuriating pass offs. If Ottens can stay healthy and remain the focal point in attack then Kingsley and the Cats will be both be a force to be reakoned with this season.

regards,

REB

Worst performed? Maybe, if you take most of the 80s and early 90s. But from 1994 to 2001 the Tigers were more than competitive with 4th in '95 and 3rd in '01, and narrowly missing the finals in some of those years- by no means the worst record in the league. I'd argue that the Swans from the late 80s until 1994, Fitzroy after 1986 except for 1992-93, Brisbane before 1994 and St Kilda in the 80s would be worse.
David Votoupal
Rookie

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:15 pm

Its not necessarily how many goals you kick REB, its the influence those sort of players have on the whole team.
Don't get me wrong, as much as I get frustrated by Kingsley he's not even close to Richo when it comes to dragging your entire club down with your attitude.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:34 am

1980 Tassie Medalist wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote: If Ottens can stay healthy and remain the focal point in attack then Kingsley and the Cats will be both be a force to be reakoned with this season.

regards,

REB

IF my Aunty had balls she'd be my uncle

for your sake REB, I hope Loris has Ottens in good nick, but you can lead a horse to water........But hoping Ottens has a full season is a bit like Mrs Holt leaving the porch light on for Harold.....

It is at least possible for Ottens to have a full season (or even 20 games), unlike the reappearance of Mr Holt...

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:38 am

David Votoupal wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

regards,

REB

Worst performed? Maybe, if you take most of the 80s and early 90s. But from 1994 to 2001 the Tigers were more than competitive with 4th in '95 and 3rd in '01, and narrowly missing the finals in some of those years- by no means the worst record in the league. I'd argue that the Swans from the late 80s until 1994, Fitzroy after 1986 except for 1992-93, Brisbane before 1994 and St Kilda in the 80s would be worse.

Which is why I said argubly. 1985-2005 (last 20 years)...Richmond no grand finals and only two finals appearances. St Kilda finalists several times int the 90's for one grand final and finalists the last two seasons. Sydney finals 86 and 87, Grand Final in 96 and several finals series plus the flag for friggs sake. I think I'm on fairly solid ground here as Fitzroy are different (i.e. extinct) beast alltogether.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL