Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:33 am

bennymacca wrote:Don't really agree with crows bias in the tiser - their chief football writer is a huge port man.

Contrary to what idiots like jim think I haven't seen anyone rate the crows that highly. Bottom half of the eight if we play well has always been the best case scenario

Jenkins played really well today, forward line looked much better with him giving a contest and betts and pods also looked dangerous

:shock:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3063 times
Been liked: 2426 times

Postby cracka » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:26 am

daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Lol jim you are possibly the grumpiest old dick ever. Of course st Kilda aren't flash but the crows still played well. And everyone thought it was a 50-50 game.

Didnt mean to like that, wrong click
I thinking you're getting confused with everyone hoping the Crows would lose rather than people thinking it was 50/50.
So yeah well done, you beat the team that was everyone's favourite for the spoon :roll:

Just can't bring yourself to say well done without the little dig eh. St Kilda surprised everyone with how well they have started & would have been favourites to win yesterday.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 468 times
Been liked: 584 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:31 am

bennymacca wrote:Don't really agree with crows bias in the tiser - their chief football writer is a huge port man.

Contrary to what idiots like jim think I haven't seen anyone rate the crows that highly. Bottom half of the eight if we play well has always been the best case scenario

Jenkins played really well today, forward line looked much better with him giving a contest and betts and pods also looked dangerous

Eddie Betts manager is truly a genius. He must be the only AFL footballer with a clause in his contract that states "At no time shall it be expected Betts place his head over the ball in the event of an opposition player being within 10 metres"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7622 times
Been liked: 11091 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:07 am

Jenkins was good for the Crows I thought, as was that Wright.

Thought the Crows were good all day, and pleasing signs for the Crows must be that they didnt need to rely on Sloane and Dangerfield to cop the brunt of the work load.

So many retarded Crows supporters on FB though gimme the sh*ts still! :lol:

With Walker and Van Berlo to come back in soon and a soft draw, think the Crows can find some momentum.

Good to see the Crowvetiser back in full swing too - Crows front page of the paper and front page of the footy liftout :roll: couple more wins they'll be flag favs again :roll:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Hefty » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:12 am

Booney wrote:

Eddie Betts manager is truly a genius. He must be the only AFL footballer with a clause in his contract that states "At no time shall it be expected Betts place his head over the ball in the event of an opposition player being within 10 metres"

Kane Cornes says Hi....
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:13 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Jenkins was good for the Crows I thought, as was that Wright.

Thought the Crows were good all day, and pleasing signs for the Crows must be that they didnt need to rely on Sloane and Dangerfield to cop the brunt of the work load.

With Walker and Van Berlo to come back in soon and a soft draw, think the Crows can find some momentum.

Good to see the Crowvetiser back in full swing too - Crows front page of the paper and front page of the footy liftout :roll: couple more wins they'll be flag favs again :roll:

Yes Jenkins was good, Betts and Pods did what we got them for, kicking a couple and directly being involved in 4 or 5. Why they let Brodie Smith run around un checked I dont know. Good to finally play 4 qtrs but the Saints dont really have much...

Lynch will come back in after having 30 possies in the 2s which will help us going FWD.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:14 am

Hefty wrote:
Booney wrote:

Kane Cornes says Hi....

Don't watch a lot of footy then? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:16 am

Will J-Pod hold his place in the side in coming weeks when Lynch and Walker become available?

From what i seen yesterday - and i'm not a Crows supporter at all - I think he should.. He takes a strong mark and has a good footy brain, creates a good contest and demands a quality opponent.. Could see him being valuable playing a role further up the ground
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:22 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Will J-Pod hold his place in the side in coming weeks when Lynch and Walker become available?

From what i seen yesterday - and i'm not a Crows supporter at all - I think he should.. He takes a strong mark and has a good footy brain, creates a good contest and demands a quality opponent.. Could see him being valuable playing a role further up the ground

They could possibly fit all of them in, but it will be tough. Creating pressure on either pods or Jenkins to hold their spot is a good thing though.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Hefty » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:22 am

Footy Smart wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Jenkins was good for the Crows I thought, as was that Wright.

Yes Jenkins was good, Betts and Pods did what we got them for, kicking a couple and directly being involved in 4 or 5. Why they let Brodie Smith run around un checked I dont know. Good to finally play 4 qtrs but the Saints dont really have much...

Lynch will come back in after having 30 possies in the 2s which will help us going FWD.

Thought David Mackay had one of his better games......great run 'n' carry. Great goal by Matty Crouch outisde 50 as well.

Finally a 4 quarter performance (hence against a bottom 4 team).
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:23 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Good to see the Crowvetiser back in full swing too - Crows front page of the paper and front page of the footy liftout

Not sure what else you expect from an Adelaide paper where one of the SA sides has a huge win on the Sunday.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:24 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Will J-Pod hold his place in the side in coming weeks when Lynch and Walker become available?

He has certainly played better the past 2 weeks, his first 2 were very poor. I dont think you can play Walker, Lynch, Pods, Jenkins all in the same FWD line. Could play Lynch up on a wing as he has the engine. Will be interesting selection thats for sure. Walker will probably have a few in the 2s.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:26 am

bennymacca wrote:

They could possibly fit all of them in, but it will be tough. Creating pressure on either pods or Jenkins to hold their spot is a good thing though.

Surely Jenkins get's a game ahead of Posidaly when Walker, Lynch and Otten return? Jenkins with years ahead of him and ruck chop out for Jacobs.

The only thing that might impact on that is if Adelaide prefer to use Otten with Hartigan and Talia down back and give Rutten a tap on the shoulder.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:27 am

Yeah lynch then plays as the high half forward similar to how knights used to play, which is his best role anyway. And you are right, pods and Jenkins in good form eases the pressure on tex to come back straight away
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:28 am

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Surely Jenkins get's a game ahead of Posidaly when Walker, Lynch and Otten return? Jenkins with years ahead of him and ruck chop out for Jacobs.

The only thing that might impact on that is if Adelaide prefer to use Otten with Hartigan and Talia down back and give Rutten a tap on the shoulder.

Yeah I think Jenkins is ahead of pods. Pods really recruited specifically for the first 8 rounds till tex comes back then depth after that. Seemed like a horrible move 2 weeks ago but seems smart now.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Gozu » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:46 pm

cracka wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Most people had the Cows in the top 8 at start of season, with their list they are a 9-12th placed side at best.
Makes me laugh when the idiots on 5aa still think their list is better than Port's

Wrong, most had them outside the 8 going by the predictions thread on here.

Purely out of curiosity I went and looked at the official Advertiser 2014 season preview liftout book thingy and here were the scribes predictions on where the Crows would finish:

Michelangelo Rucci-6th

Mark Ricciuto-5th

Andrew Capel-8th

Jesper Fjeldstad-7th

Reece Homfray-Miss the eight

Graham Cornes-8th

Jai Bednall-Miss the eight

Warren Tredrea-Miss the eight

Dwayne Russell-4th

Mark Robinson-Miss the eight
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 663 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:48 pm

6/10.. thats most :P
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby cracka » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:08 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:6/10.. thats most :P

So 6/10 experts from the most crows bias paper (according to user from this forum) said they'd make the 8. Well that's it then compelling evidence. When I get the chance I'll check the herald sun.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:18 pm

cracka wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:6/10.. thats most :P

So 6/10 experts from the most crows bias paper (according to user from this forum) said they'd make the 8. Well that's it then compelling evidence. When I get the chance I'll check the herald sun.

That didn't take as long as I thought. 4/19 herald sun experts tipped the crows to make the 8. :P
cracka
Veteran

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:21 pm

how many tipped them to be in that 6-12 bracket? pretty bunched up around there. And im sure a few might even move the crows up on their predictions, given the performances of richmond and carlton in the first 4 rounds.

seriously though, i dont think 6-8th is too far above what everyone else had thought either. and that is still a very real possibility if we win the next 3, which, to be honest, we should do. Bulldogs game will be a test but if we dont win against GWS or melbourne we may as well put the cue in the rack.
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL