Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby JK » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:45 pm

Footy Smart wrote:I did like Charlie Cameron's game as well, he did everything you want of a small FWD, needs to try and impact the scoreboard more but that will come.

Obviously dont see the Crows as much as you blokes, but I've never seen him really do much and often wondered why he was in the side. However, on Saturday night I thought he was excellent - Looked committed and determined and did some seriously impressive things. Attacked the ball and opponent really well.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:49 pm

JK wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:I did like Charlie Cameron's game as well, he did everything you want of a small FWD, needs to try and impact the scoreboard more but that will come.

Obviously dont see the Crows as much as you blokes, but I've never seen him really do much and often wondered why he was in the side. However, on Saturday night I thought he was excellent - Looked committed and determined and did some seriously impressive things. Attacked the ball and opponent really well.

Get Douglas and Sloane back and his spot will be in the SANFL IMO.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10815 times

Postby hawks21 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:50 pm

Few things i noticed from the game Saturday night...

Sandilands smashed Sauce in the ruck, however Freo only won the clearances by 3.
Our team defence looked well organised and was brilliant all game one on one. Cheney leading the way IMO.
Lever will be a star. I think Mackay is having a cracking year also.
We sustained a high level of 'finals intensity' contested football for nearly 4 quarters.
Eddie and Cameron had outstanding first halfs but went missing when we needed them in the last half.
We just lacked that polish and experience Freo had.
Bad kicking is bad football - The Showdown and this game i am afraid will haunt us come finals. As mentioned above, 8 points gone begging.

Expecting a good win this week with Sloane, Smith, Henderson all likley to come back into the team.
Should go into the break 6 - 4 and with Douglas and B Crouch to come back a week or 2 after the bye i would expect us to get the 12+ wins that allows us to play finals and finish about where i thought we would before the season started. Hopefully finish off the year with a good run with injuries!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

Get Douglas and Sloane back and his spot will be in the SANFL IMO.

I still see him in the side Boon, as JK and you have pointed out previously he doesnt appear to have a huge impact, but his role is that defensive pressure which hopefully allows us to score from turnovers. He just needs to also get on the end of some play and hit the scoreboard. If he plays like he did on the weekend more often then not, he holds his spot IMO.

Wright and Lyons should go out before Charlie, then on team balance M Crouch/Ellis Yolment probably the next out . But hey, at this stage we need to get some of these blokes back and fit before we talk about dropping blokes :D
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:02 pm

JK wrote:

Was only his 15th game on the weekend.

Still prepared to give him many more opportunities, because if he can get somewhere near how he played on saturday regularly, he will be well worth it.

Reminds me a tad of walters when he is playing well.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby JK » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:04 pm

bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:

Still prepared to give him many more opportunities, because if he can get somewhere near how he played on saturday regularly, he will be well worth it.

OK I didn't realise it was only 15 games - He's a baby with plenty of time on his side. His best will be good enough of that I have no doubt.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:06 pm

he did look like he lifted on the weekend though. hopefully he can keep that going
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Zorro » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:09 am

JK wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:

OK I didn't realise it was only 15 games - He's a baby with plenty of time on his side. His best will be good enough of that I have no doubt.

Not only 15 games of AFL but only 4 years of football. He comes from a union background so plenty of development still left in this kid.
The Cocks Will Rise Again
Zorro
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 52 times

Postby JK » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Meant to point out that I thought the umps need a bit of credit for allowing the game to be so enthralling on the weekend .. Was like Grand Final umpiring, let heaps go and only paid the really obvious stuff. Wish they'd umpire like that for every game.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:33 pm

JK wrote:Meant to point out that I thought the umps need a bit of credit for allowing the game to be so enthralling on the weekend .. Was like Grand Final umpiring, let heaps go and only paid the really obvious stuff. Wish they'd umpire like that for every game.

hell yeah. umpiring was great in that i didnt notice them, cant only really think of maybe 1 free that i thought might have been there that wasnt
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Coach Bombay » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:30 pm

bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:Meant to point out that I thought the umps need a bit of credit for allowing the game to be so enthralling on the weekend .. Was like Grand Final umpiring, let heaps go and only paid the really obvious stuff. Wish they'd umpire like that for every game.

hell yeah. umpiring was great in that i didnt notice them, cant only really think of maybe 1 free that i thought might have been there that wasnt

Walters goal in the 3rd quarter was a definate push in the back. Thats the only one i can think of.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:30 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Walters goal in the 3rd quarter was a definate push in the back. Thats the only one i can think of.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby hawks21 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:20 pm

Sloane, Smith and Douglas back this week. B Crouch back through the SANFL!

Will be great to have some run and carry back this week.

Some tough calls to who makes way, been enjoying watching M Crouch run around the last few weeks so hopefully he can keep his spot.
Would think 3 of Lyons, Martin, Grigg, Wright would make way...
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Stumps » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:16 am

Grigg gotta play.
Wright MArtin and Lyons for me
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby marbles » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:52 pm

Lever is a big out, will leave a huge void in crows defense lol
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:40 pm

marbles wrote:Lever is a big out, will leave a huge void in crows defense lol

Might allow casboult to kick a few more out on the fulls
bennymacca
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:03 pm

bennymacca wrote:
marbles wrote:Lever is a big out, will leave a huge void in crows defense lol

Might allow casboult to kick a few more out on the fulls

How ever will the crows contain the power house setup that is the Carlton forward line. [emoji6]
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:10 pm

Has anyone worked out yet how the Crows can celebrated their 20th anniversary in 2011 but their 25th anniversary in 2015?
Did Triggy make the calendar work like the accounts books when he was there?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2061 times
Been liked: 3918 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:17 pm

they are in their 25th season. prob stuffed up with the 20th year
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:46 pm

MW wrote:they are in their 25th season. prob stuffed up with the 20th year

I would lean towards them stuffing up this season, yes it is their 25th season but its not their 25th anniversary.
How many weddings have you been to when they've also celebrated their 1st anniversary at the same time?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2061 times
Been liked: 3918 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL